31 50.00%
  • Las Vegas

29 46.77%
  • GM's vote here

2 3.23%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Can't be stopped? Ask Tony Parker about that 36% FG, 5 TOPG, 13 PPG series from this year.
    He was playing injured through at least half of the playoffs. The Spurs have what's called an interior defense.

vCash
    Nice. See these got stickied
    PSD NBA Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets

McGrady-Hill-Pierce-Jamison-Smith
    Alston-Finley-Pietrus-Mercer-Maggette-Ostertag-Bradley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Gallo was averaging 17 before the injury? He came back to soon, If you watched denver last year they were a lot better when he was there. His injury was a nagging one. Im tellling you Paul will still be able to get his, Not saying Jrue and Bradley can't make it hard on Paul but Paul (esp in the playoffs) is a guy that can't be stoped. I think you are underrating how good Gallo is overall as a player.
    he's one of the most overrated players in the league to me. Hasn't had an impressive season yet, and sucked in both playoff series' he was in. And 17 ppg isn't a go to scorer. He's not garbage, but I don't think he's as good as people on PSD think he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    he's one of the most overrated players in the league to me. Hasn't had an impressive season yet, and sucked in both playoff series' he was in. And 17 ppg isn't a go to scorer. He's not garbage, but I don't think he's as good as people on PSD think he is.
    Idk man, Im a big Gallo fan (as you could prob tell ) but I think he is a very good player. 17 Ppg is still a very solid scorer. He is a good number 2 which he will be on this team. Playing next to paul would really help don't you think?
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Vegas in 7 for me, I feel like their frontcourt would totally negate the CP3 advantage.

On Rose vs. Westbrook:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Westbrook only because I think Rose is a bit selfish and that hurts his likelihood of winning a title, all flash and no cash for Rose

vCash
    Valencia is more talented, but I do like how Vegas matches up with them. That being said since Valencia is the higher seed and I assume they have home-court advantage I say Valencia in 7.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    He was playing injured through at least half of the playoffs. The Spurs have what's called an interior defense.
    You can use the injury excuse all you want, point is CP3 isn't superman and he can be contained.
    And? The stats show Love/Nene/Thomas provide a very good interior Defense as well.
    Your team doesn't have anyone on the perimeter who can take over a game offensively. So that's not something on our team I'd try to isolate as a point of weakness.
    Love can't play from the perimeter?
    And we don't need anyone to take over, but Jrue/Bradley/Butler/Delonte/Morrow will hit timely shots and be able to contribute. Young is bad on D, Gallo is average. I don't see why Butler couldn't chip in the 15 ppg he normally does, Jrue/Avery/Morrow knocking the 3's down for 25-30 points and Delonte can do this thing as well. Jrue's FG% in CLUTCH time is 65%, 4th in the league, and Morrow is in the top 20 for 3pointers at 50% so I have no problem with him and our other guards to fulfill their roles.

And all that means is we have a secondary source of creativity on the perimeter if Jrue and Avery tried to hound the ball out of Paul's hands (and that obviously wouldn't work for the duration of every game in a 7 game series to begin with). It's what the Heat did the Rose in the 2011 ECF but they had the personnel to do it. They couldn't have done it successfully had the Bulls been equipped with another perimeter player capable of breaking you down.
    Go ahead with it, if you really think Gallo is going to break us down.

vCash
    Wait last comment for me How are Love and Nene good inteior defenders?
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    You can use the injury excuse all you want, point is CP3 isn't superman and he can be contained.
    LeBron could be contained if he was playing on one leg. You call it an excuse, I call it a hollow counterpoint on your part.

And? The stats show Love/Nene/Thomas provide a very good interior Defense as well.
    If you're that confident in the ability of Kevin Love and Nene to protect the rim on a regular basis, power to you.

Love can't play from the perimeter?
    Do you expect him to break us down off the dribble? Taj is plenty mobile enough and his acumen defensively is plenty strong enough to defend Love effectively as far out as the three point line.

And we don't need anyone to take over, but Jrue/Bradley/Butler/Delonte/Morrow will hit timely shots and be able to contribute. Young is bad on D, Gallo is average. I don't see why Butler couldn't chip in the 15 ppg he normally does, Jrue/Avery/Morrow knocking the 3's down for 25-30 points and Delonte can do this thing as well. Jrue's FG% in CLUTCH time is 65%, 4th in the league, and Morrow is in the top 20 for 3pointers at 50% so I have no problem with him and our other guards to fulfill their roles.
    If Butler is getting 15 points a game (and I don't know where you drew that number from), it's probably taking him 15 shots to do it. And that would be a win for us.

Go ahead with it, if you really think Gallo is going to break us down.
    Who's going to stop him? Caron Butler?

vCash
    Wait last comment for me How are Love and Nene good inteior defenders?
    You see to everyone’s surprise Love and Nene are in fact two of the best defenders at their positon from last year. Kevin Love. You all know the story, undersized big man coming out of college who was unathletic and not expected to be a huge NBA contributor. Now he’s arguably the best offensive big man in the NBA, one of the best reboun
    ders in the NBA, and hell a plus defender! This man has it all!!! Did you know Kevin Love’s defensive PPP was .79, which is good for top 90 in the league? That’s ahead of guys like Tyson Chandler, Serge Ibaka, and Josh Smith who are considered to be defensive manimals! Manimals! That’s KEVIN LOVE! In the post he has a .69 PPP, which is top 30 in the league. His iso is top 40 so he can go one on one with you too. To put things into easier perspective, players shoot 35% against Love on Iso plays, and 38% when trying to post up! THIS MOTHER****ER IS AN UNSTOPPABLE FORCE, and TAJ and Brook better get their lovin on, cause their about to feel the wrath of the Love Machine!
    Now on to Mama Nene. That dude on the nuggets who was always good but never all star level. Well damn straight he should be! Nene was EVEN BETTER defensively last year with a .74 defensive PPP good for top 50 in the league! In the post he had a .65 PPP good for top 20 in the league! Our post defense is absolutely shut down with these two scary badass mother****ers controlling the paint! Nene can also defend the spot up jumper well, which Is a K Love weakness, allowed opponents on 36% shooting.
    Also, we’re adapting a new PSD defense! The #CP3PPG system! We will have Jrue Holliday (who has a .72 PPP good for top 30 in the league, (most likely among the top 2-3 at PG). draped all over #CP3PPG with his tenacious in your face, pick pocket style. His sidekick is none other than, the wade stopper AVERYYYYYY BRADLEY! Yo Avery with his 6’7 wingspan and extraordinary athletiscm will situationally help out defending Jrue and will wreck havoc on poor #CP3PPG. Chris Paul is the best PG in the league, but I can assure you have 2 of the top perimeter defenders in the league on him will not lead to very good efficiency. Now, this will leave fellow mate Nicholas Young open on occasion. If #CP3PPG doesn’t think he can handle the Avery/Jrue press and wants to let Young be the ball handler, well then so be it! Nick Young is known to be a ball stopper and his USG% will only lead to less player involvement, with guys like Gallo and Brook(actually might be a good thing since Brook’s getting shut out in the post!)
    LeBron could be contained if he was playing on one leg. You call it an excuse, I call it a hollow counterpoint on your part.
    Knowing Paul, he'd probably be banged up by the time these playoffs rolled around.

If you're that confident in the ability of Kevin Love and Nene to protect the rim on a regular basis, power to you.
    I don't see why not? Let's not fogert Kurt Thomas either.

Do you expect him to break us down off the dribble? Taj is plenty mobile enough and his acumen defensively is plenty strong enough to defend Love effectively as far out as the three point line.
    No doubting Gibson's defense, but Love can really score on anyone one on one.

If Butler is getting 15 points a game (and I don't know where you drew that number from), it's probably taking him 15 shots to do it. And that would be a win for us.
    Well let's see, 2011 he had 15 PPG on 13 shots. 2010 he had 16 on 14 shots. 2009 21 on 16 shots. 20 on 16 shots in 2008 and so on. I just took that number since that's been his average of the past 3/4 years but his efficiency is not terrible.

Who's going to stop him? Caron Butler?
    Actually,
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=gallida01

vCash
    You can't just take Caron's average over the last few years. He isn't the same player. He's regressed a good deal. He was not efficient at all last year, even though he was playing with the best PG in the league. Coming off injury he showed regression in production and efficiency so it's not fair to just average out his last few years' stats and say he'll average 15 unless he's doing it on poor efficiency

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    You can't just take Caron's average over the last few years. He isn't the same player. He's regressed a good deal. He was not efficient at all last year, even though he was playing with the best PG in the league. Coming off injury he showed regression in production and efficiency so it's not fair to just average out his last few years' stats and say he'll average 15 unless he's doing it on poor efficiency
    He was scoring 15 a game on 12 shots a game on 43% FG for the first half of the season, if we're making that arugment for Gallo and his injury excuse, I don't see why we can't do it for Butler.

An anonymous poster took the time to respond to CF's post and Pm'd it to me, I'd like to thank him for it and post his response

]I'm honestly a little surprised that you're losing right now. Gallo is so overrated, and they act like Chris Paul can fly up and down the court.

It's some of the worst arguments on their part I've ever seen. Most of their points don't make sense, they contradict themselves or it's completely off topic.

Somewhat off topic. CP3 can, and has been contained many times before. I know it sounds weird for em to say that, but it's true. Whenever CP3 plays against a good defensive guard, or team in general he disappears. For example when he plays the Celtics. Rondo usually shuts him down (in part due to team effort). Or the Spurs? CP3 is a great PG, and player, but between Jrue and Bradley he would be close to a none factor 4 out of 7 games.

Gallo? Overrated. SO overrated. Go look up PER 36 stats, TS% etc.. His stats are near identical to Mike Dunleavy. They are pretty similar as players too.

This makes no sense. Taj their best, and other than CP3 their only good defender, out on the 3pt line? Really. So they have no problem with Brook protecting the paint? Between AB and Caron slashing to the basket, with Nene down low they would get wrecked.

Overall the defense of Jrue and AB should be enough to slow down your only problem, CP3. Kevin Love is too versatile. Taj Gibson won't be enough. If they bring Taj by the 3pt line they will have no answer for AB, Caron and Nene near the paint.

You would kill them with the 3. Between Love, Caron (35%), Jrue, AB and Morrow.

They say your worst player in your starting 5 (Caron) is bad, you wanna know who's worse? Nick Young. Caron had a higher FG% (Nick Young not even reaching 40%) while Nick Young is just barely better in TS%.

You would kill them on the rebound also. Kevin Love+Nene going up against Brook? 'Nuff said.

They have no one to bring off the bench either. If Gallo, CP3 or Brook or even Taj were to get in foul trouble, they would have no answer.

I'm starting to think Nene is heavily underrated.

Too bad, you should be/have winning/won. Oh well

vCash
    Idk man, Im a big Gallo fan (as you could prob tell ) but I think he is a very good player. 17 Ppg is still a very solid scorer. He is a good number 2 which he will be on this team. Playing next to paul would really help don't you think?
    it'd help, but I don't think it'd make him a dangerous threat

vCash
    Official count so far:

Valencia = 30
    Las Vegas = 22
    PSD NBA Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets

McGrady-Hill-Pierce-Jamison-Smith
    Alston-Finley-Pietrus-Mercer-Maggette-Ostertag-Bradley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phlp_bj View Post
    this