• Valencia

31 50.00%
  • Las Vegas

29 46.77%
  • GM's vote here

2 3.23%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    The big Advantage to me is Gallo vs Butler. Butler isn't a starting caliaber SF and would allow Gallo be very effective. Gallo next to Paul is exactly what he needs to really take the jump. Both teams have defenders to take out each others stars, I really think it was a close close series.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Gie me Las Vegas
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Wait, so why would you vote for them? It was Vegas's write-up that did that. lol.
    wait a second...

Mods, I demand that my vote be changed to Valencia.

(But seriously, for the record I would like to change my vote to Valencia.)

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    The big Advantage to me is Gallo vs Butler. Butler isn't a starting caliaber SF and would allow Gallo be very effective. Gallo next to Paul is exactly what he needs to really take the jump. Both teams have defenders to take out each others stars, I really think it was a close close series.
    Gallinari isn't the kind of player to take advantage of matchups since he isn't really a great 1v1 player. Where was he in the playoffs to take advantage of the almighty Devin Ebanks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Gallinari isn't the kind of player to take advantage of matchups since he isn't really a great 1v1 player. Where was he in the playoffs to take advantage of the almighty Devin Ebanks?
    This, Gallo's value all redraft is WAY out of proportion, he hasn't even shown he's a good #2 and now we're believing he's going to be their #1 scorer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I've always been a big fan of Vegas. They have balanced scoring in the starting 5 and plenty of defense to matchup with Valencia's strengths. Jrue and Bradley guarded over 1500 plays this past season and combined for 0.72 ppp. That's outrageous. Both are fantastic in the PnR. It was like this Vegas team was built to take Valencia down. I trust the combined defense of those two (starters) over the defense of Taj Gibson (bench player whose minutes have decreased each of the past two seasons). In addition, I trust Love's ability to score at a high rate over Paul's.

I don't have time to elaborate more now but needless to say I'm going upset special here. I vote Vegas.
    Thank you KoB. And it's not just Jrue and Bradley, Love and Nene's defensive PPP were really good as well this year. Sure Gallo has a great matchup, but I can't see anyone else on Valencia scoring very efficiently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Gallo is that type of player, Before his injury last year you saw what Gallo can do. He was dealing with injuries all year and wasn't healthy. Playing next to paul would make it a lot eaiser on him. We assume health so a healthy Gallo is a very good scorer.
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    2004-2005 42-40

vCash
    Wait a second you really think Jrue and Bradley are going to completley take Paul out of the series??? Gallo last year was Denvers number one scorer and they were top 4 in the west until he went out with an injury. Paul is still the number 1 on the team and Gallo is the number 2.
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    2004-2005 42-40

vCash
    Gallo is that type of player, Before his injury last year you saw what Gallo can do. He was dealing with injuries all year and wasn't healthy. Playing next to paul would make it a lot eaiser on him. We assume health so a healthy Gallo is a very good scorer.
    Gallinari isn't a #1 or 2. Not buying it. He was pretty good before he got injured but the injury didn't completely derail his season like injuries did for guys like Lowry and Bargnani last year. He was healthy enough to make an impact and he didn't. Dude went ghost in the playoffs and he had the easiest matchup on the floor for the Nuggets during the entire series. He even went ghost during the playoffs the year before as well. I swear he's the most overrated shooter...people act like he's Dirk or some ****

He's a pretty good scorer (not very good) but he's not someone that can take over a series by any means. Also, I don't care that Caron struggled last year, he's not that god awful enough for Gallinari to abuse.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 10-06-2012 at 11:34 AM.

vCash

Wait a second you really think Jrue and Bradley are going to completley take Paul out of the series??? Gallo last year was Denvers number one scorer and they were top 4 in the west until he went out with an injury. Paul is still the number 1 on the team and Gallo is the number 2.
    No, Paul will still be there but his production will be hard to come by.

lol wut? Gallo was just barely Denver's 3rd leading scorer behind guys like Ty Lawson and Aaron Affalo of all people. He's not a guy with that killer instinct who you given give the ball to and he'll take care of the rest and get the points. He's not shot happy, and he won't take over the game
    I'm going off this
    Should Vegas unleash its most aggressive tactics by using both Jrue Holiday and Avery Bradley to hound our superstar and force the ball out of his hands, we could easily turn to our secondary ball handler in Danilo Gallinari, for whom Vegas has no counter, to ease the pressure on Paul. Gallo has proven his salt as a facilitator and more than capable handler in this league. He was among the elite initiating a pick and roll offense last year, contributing 1.01 points per possession which led to a score an astounding 52% of the time. He was also a highly proficient spot up shooter last season, scoring on 41% of his attempts (ranking in the league's top 100). Coincidentally Caron Butler, the most likely candidate for Vegas to stick to Gallo, was among the laziest defenders of spot up shooters in the NBA last season as he surrendered an appalling 1.08 points per possession and a 42% scoring rate to spot up shots.
    To summarize, Gallinari is more than capable of breaking down a defense

vCash
    Gallo was averaging 17 before the injury? He came back to soon, If you watched denver last year they were a lot better when he was there. His injury was a nagging one. Im tellling you Paul will still be able to get his, Not saying Jrue and Bradley can't make it hard on Paul but Paul (esp in the playoffs) is a guy that can't be stoped. I think you are underrating how good Gallo is overall as a player.
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    2004-2005 42-40

vCash
    Gallo was averaging 17 before the injury? He came back to soon, If you watched denver last year they were a lot better when he was there. His injury was a nagging one.
    That doesn't show me he's a go to scorer at all.

I'm sure the heat are a better team with Lebron in as well? No **** having your starter playing will make you better.

The injury was to his non shooting thumb. He should still have been able to produce especially come playoff time.
    Im tellling you Paul will still be able to get his, Not saying Jrue and Bradley can't make it hard on Paul but Paul (esp in the playoffs) is a guy that can't be stoped.
    Can't be stopped? Ask Tony Parker about that 36% FG, 5 TOPG, 13 PPG series from this year.
    I think you are underrating how good Gallo is overall as a player.
    Nope, I think PSD's perception of Gallo is highly overrated.

If feels good seeing the poll look this good, then I remember I'm down 8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    That doesn't show me he's a go to scorer at all.

I'm sure the heat are a better team with Lebron in as well? No **** having your starter playing will make you better.

The injury was to his non shooting thumb. He should still have been able to produce especially come playoff time.

Can't be stopped? Ask Tony Parker about that 36% FG, 5 TOPG, 13 PPG series from this year.

Nope, I think PSD's perception of Gallo is highly overrated.

If feels good seeing the poll look this good, then I remember I'm down 8
    So the thumb obviously had nothing to do with his poor shooting Okay whatever you say. Gallo was the best player on denver last year before the injury was my point, Butler isn't the same player he was, he was horrible last year.
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    2004-2005 42-40

vCash
    So the thumb obviously had nothing to do with his poor shooting Okay whatever you say. Gallo was the best player on denver last year before the injury was my point, Butler isn't the same player he was, he was horrible last year.
    It takes 4 weeks for a fractured thumb to fully heal, and he came back before then. If it was really nagging him, I'm sure Karl would have rested him up the last few games since they clinched the 6th seed and had more than enough depth.

They were almost able to upset the lakers with Gallo being almost a non-factor. Lawson offensively and Mcgee/Faried defensively almost carried them to a series win alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    I'm going off this
    Your team doesn't have anyone on the perimeter who can take over a game offensively. So that's not something on our team I'd try to isolate as a point of weakness.

And all that means is we have a secondary source of creativity on the perimeter if Jrue and Avery tried to hound the ball out of Paul's hands (and that obviously wouldn't work for the duration of every game in a 7 game series to begin with). It's what the Heat did the Rose in the 2011 ECF but they had the personnel to do it. They couldn't have done it successfully had the Bulls been equipped with another perimeter player capable of breaking you down.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast