Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Valencia

    31 50.00%
  • Las Vegas

    29 46.77%
  • GM's vote here

    2 3.23%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    The Las Vegas Maynes win it.
    you don't count.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I'm more torn than I thought I would be, but leaning Valencia
    agreed. this should be an interesting matchup.


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    30,613
    vCash
    1500
    People say close series and we are losing 7-0

    Just wondering what are the big flaws you guys see?


    Oops me and SK both voted for Vegas, mahh bad

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    16,060
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    People say close series and we are losing 7-0

    Just wondering what are the big flaws you guys see?


    Oops me and SK both voted for Vegas, mahh bad
    You voted for yourself! You know better than this Sporty!

    Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    21,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    I didn't break it up into its own section but I did include the bench. Bench players from both teams are mentioned throughout the write-up.

    And technically they really didn't "include" their bench. They talked about Delonte banging LeBron's mom. Do they really get more credit for that than we do for not having an individual bench section?
    I really don't feel like your bench added a whole lot to your team though.... you harp on Taj's D then add K-Mart and Stiemsma will add more of it. I mean is that really all your second unit is contributing? I don't really consider your second unit strong in the first place and if you don't take the effort to sell me on it then quite frankly I'm going to just assume you are just giving away those minutes to the opposing team.

    I probably won't be able to vote for Vegas because re-reading anything they wrote gives me a headache but for future reference my vote is going to need more emphasis on the bench.

    I'm pretty sure I said in another thread I will almost be over compensating for the fact that nobody even looks at the bench and i consider it one of the most important aspects of any playoff series

    The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    36,785
    vCash
    6500
    Well they have a distinct advantage with Paul and Gallo...but you guys have a more explosive big man pairing.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,329
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    if you don't take the effort to sell me on it then quite frankly I'm going to just assume you are just giving away those minutes to the opposing team.
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

    Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

    I'm pretty sure I said in another thread I will almost be over compensating for the fact that nobody even looks at the bench and i consider it one of the most important aspects of any playoff series
    I consider it one of the least important so philosophically I think we're on different planes.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    30,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post

    I probably won't be able to vote for Vegas because re-reading anything they wrote gives me a headache but for future reference my vote is going to need more emphasis on the bench.
    Well this pretty much means your vote is non existent. There's this thing called highlighting the text to make it easier to read.
    I'm pretty sure I said in another thread I will almost be over compensating for the fact that nobody even looks at the bench and i consider it one of the most important aspects of any playoff series[/QUOTE]
    So much for that, because then you would have voted for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Well they have a distinct advantage with Paul and Gallo...but you guys have a more explosive big man pairing.
    My matchup on Paul is a lot better than their matchup on Taj and nene though. I'm putting top defenders on him, while Taj is a good defender, Love offensively is almost impossible to contain, his scoring game is better than Paul's for sure. Nene as well, against Brook as he has played great against him in the past and nothing about Brook's D makes me think that will change.

    I guess Gallo is this redraft's Leonard. Gallo is really nice player for sure, but he isn't all star material like people are treating him around here. He's pretty much going to have to be their go to scorer here with the defense Paul is facing, and does anyone actually forsee Gallinari being able to lead the charge in the postseason yet? I mean, MWP owned the hell out of him in the playoffs. 36% FG. 17% from 3? 13 PPG? In a full 7 game series. People consider him to be Denver's #1 player yet he didn't score over 20 a game once in that game series. People need to seriously chill with Gallo he's not that amazing right now

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,329
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Well this pretty much means your vote is non existent. There's this thing called highlighting the text to make it easier to read.
    Can't really disagree with you on that.

    My matchup on Paul is a lot better than their matchup on Taj and nene though. I'm putting top defenders on him, while Taj is a good defender, Love offensively is almost impossible to contain, his scoring game is better than Paul's for sure. Nene as well, against Brook as he has played great against him in the past and nothing about Brook's D makes me think that will change.
    Taj's acumen defensively is just as impressive, if not more so, than Jrue's or Bradley's. And we have three high quality interior defenders at our disposal, all with the mobility to challenge Love as far out as the three point line.

    Your argument that you have better defenders on Paul than we have on Love is strictly opinion. And don't turn to Synergy as the end-all of defensive metrics like people have suddenly started doing, because that's not what it is.

    I guess Gallo is this redraft's Leonard. Gallo is really nice player for sure, but he isn't all star material like people are treating him around here.
    Jrue Holiday and Avery Bradley aren't exactly Gary Payton's children either.

    He's pretty much going to have to be their go to scorer here with the defense Paul is facing
    The defense of Jrue and Avery? I actually outlined in the write-up why that won't work. Plus if Paul got his against Tony Allen and Mike Conley and that pitbull of a defense the Grizzlies are sporting, I don't know what you really expect to happen. Superstars like Paul who have tasted the physicality of the playoffs multiple times are going to get theirs.

    Gallinari is more than capable of breaking down a defense and if you're counting on what's left of the real Caron Butler to lock in on him, you'd be disappointed. I'll stop just short of saying Butler straight up sucks because he mostly does.

    and does anyone actually forsee Gallinari being able to lead the charge in the postseason yet? I mean, MWP owned the hell out of him in the playoffs. 36% FG. 17% from 3? 13 PPG? In a full 7 game series. People consider him to be Denver's #1 player yet he didn't score over 20 a game once in that game series. People need to seriously chill with Gallo he's not that amazing right now
    I can't counter that much more than to say one seven game stretch is a pretty soft excuse for a sample size. Jrue Holiday had some really sloppy games in the playoffs himself and he's more important to your offense than Gallo is to ours.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

    Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.
    This is the greatest post of all time.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

    Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.


    sigged.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,591
    vCash
    8600
    seriously the hashtags made me vote against whoever the **** put them in.


    #BostonStrong

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    16,060
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    seriously the hashtags made me vote against whoever the **** put them in.
    Wait, so why would you vote for them? It was Vegas's write-up that did that. lol.

    Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hereford, England
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    1500
    2 quality teams here, i can't believe Vegas is 6th seed.

    Valencia's starting 5 is nice offensively but i'd worry about their defense, with only Gibson as better than average. Cp3 gets a lot of steals but not a good on ball defender. There is a huge drop off in the bench though compared to Vegas.

    Vegas have 5 good starters with different skillsets and a lot of good shooters in the squad but also devoid of depth defensively. The problem for me would be the lack of open shots they would get without a playmaker at PG, which Holiday is not and the lack of a true post threat could be their undoing. Nene is a good post player but he won't force doubles so Valencia can stay out on the shooters.

    I'd go Valencia here just because of CP3 and the balanced scoring compared to Vegas lack of playmaking. This is a close call though!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens,NYC,NY
    Posts
    4,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baller View Post
    Starvingknicks vote does not count as he was a GM of Vegas.
    The entire time you guys said i was just an assistant.

    Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    The entire time you guys said i was just an assistant.
    You still can't vote for the team you're an assistant of...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •