Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1042
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Pretty sure the M's just pay the difference of whatever he gets paid elsewhere (likely a minimum contract).
    Yeah but he still makes his $8M.

No skin off his sack
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Pretty sure the M's just pay the difference of whatever he gets paid elsewhere (likely a minimum contract).
    Any team that takes him only pays the minimum and were stuck with the rest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    He hit really well this year, albeit in High Desert. Is the whole league a launching pad, or just HD? Cause he was a little better on the road this year.
    All League AND HD is the most hitter friendly

vCash
    Johnny Gomes to the Red Sox, so this might be Cody Ross won't sign with them, any interest in him??

vCash
    wow i thought they were progressing with hamilton, wouldnt be surprised if they still get him but maybe a chance they have moved to plan b.

absolutely interested in cody ross, especially since acquiring hamilton, upton and a KC bat have cooled down quite a bit.

vCash
    I wanted Gomes as a secondary move. Ross wouldn't be bat, but he certainly isn't the big bat we need.

vCash
    Look at some stas, Ross is not a good acquisition. In Safeco we need someone who can hit for an average, probably Ross can't. And last year was his first 20+ HR season since 2009.

vCash
    This broken English fella is right. ^

I'm In.

vCash
    sadly the market for us sucks.

id like to see if we could acquire choo and cabrera from cleveland, likely they'd want an MLB ready guy or 2, i wonder if something like vargas, ryan, capps/pryor gets it done...
    they'd have to devalue choo for only having 1 yr left.... we might have to cough up franklin over ryan, if that'd be even enough.

cabrera
    saunders
    montero
    choo
    seager
    guti
    jaso
    smoak
    ackley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    sadly the market for us sucks.

id like to see if we could acquire choo and cabrera from cleveland, likely they'd want an MLB ready guy or 2, i wonder if something like vargas, ryan, capps/pryor gets it done...
    they'd have to devalue choo for only having 1 yr left.... we might have to cough up franklin over ryan, if that'd be even enough.

cabrera
    saunders
    montero
    choo
    seager
    guti
    jaso
    smoak
    ackley
    No way that gets it done. It would have to be Vargas, Paxton and Franklin, if they kick back another piece too.

Choo cant hit lefties for **** tho. Id rather get Butler and Gordon and give up a little more. Hultzen, Franklin, Vargas/Erasmo, Smoak+ another piece

vCash
    No way that gets it done. It would have to be Vargas, Paxton and Franklin, if they kick back another piece too.

Choo cant hit lefties for **** tho. Id rather get Butler and Gordon and give up a little more. Hultzen, Franklin, Vargas/Erasmo, Smoak+ another piece
    Might as well get off your KC kick. I doubt we get a deal done with them, and if we do it wont be for both bats.

vCash
    Why? Our needs match better than any other team. If you dont think a KC trade makes sense, then no trade makes sense.

vCash
    Jej, Casper Wells can hit lefties. I'll take that platoon any day.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Choo wont get paid like a platoon player. He will cost what an every day hitter costs both in trade and contract. Doesnt make sense to me.

We arent gonna get where we need to be with platoon players.

vCash

butler and gordon would cost waaaay more than cabrera and choo. not even same ballpark. choo is the oldest guy here w/ 1 yr left.

if your ideas for a trade w/ KC were realistic it'd already been done by now, we cant expect to deal a few of our expendable pieces and get their AS leadoff and cleanup guy. its a bit of a joke.

my estimation, a gordon, butler deal starts with walker, saunders/seager, and we probably have to throw in something else that they like.