Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah it's called overrated IMO.

vCash
    whos got more value v-cat or triunfel

wow is this where this thread is going?

some real stuff needs to happen.

vCash
    I would say both of their values are pretty close to bottom.

vCash
    I think Cats is higher tho. He was awesome last year. I don't think one down year negates all that.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I would say both of their values are pretty close to bottom.
    Agreed, There both rock bottom both can't field there positions well and there bats are currently awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Yeah it's called overrated IMO.
    i dont say id go that far. But perhaps, maybe AAA just exposed some stuff. but He was crushing the ball all the way to AAA. I was never over the moon for him, but he had fantastic numbers, another year in AAA will say a lot. just look at his stats. But the lack of position is killing him

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=catric001vin

he had great OPB and slugging

but now his value is minimal for sure. better just to keep him and see if he can rebound, he wont be a major part in a deal

vCash
    Upton put us on his no trade. Could mean he doesn't want to be here, but could also mean he wants leverage if we do trade for him.

Either way, it may mean we are showing interest and he knows it.

vCash
    if upton put us on his no trade list, it means we cross him off the list, highly doubtful hes trying to use any psychology w/ that move. if we signed his brother i bet he takes us off tho.

anyways, i feel good that GMZ has reached out to hamilton, AZ about upton.... sounds like neither went far at all, it is on the other party to circle back if something changes but Ms need to go forward in reality. those 2 are not coming here.

MLB network just said upton prolly stays and AZ are shopping kubel who is coming off a banner year.
    Last edited by Rain City; 11-19-2012 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    Why? You realize he had the Yanks on their too right? It could very well be to get some leverage for a bonus so he takes us off.

Either way, it tells me we were talking about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    whos got more value v-cat or triunfel

wow is this where this thread is going?

some real stuff needs to happen.
    Triunfel easily. He can swim at SS, is a year and a half younger, and just had a better (slightly) season at the plate on the same team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Agreed, There both rock bottom both can't field there positions well and there bats are currently awful.
    Triunfel was actually pretty good defensively last year.

vCash
    They were both awful last year, but i would argue that the fact that Cat had an elite offensive season before, that he has more value. Triunfel has really never put it together, whereas VCat has.

If you want to talk about how they did at the same level, look at Triunfel at AA compared to VCat. .334 wOBA/98 wRC+ one year, .286/68 the other. Compared to .457/180 for VCat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    They were both awful last year, but i would argue that the fact that Cat had an elite offensive season before, that he has more value. Triunfel has really never put it together, whereas VCat has.

If you want to talk about how they did at the same level, look at Triunfel at AA compared to VCat. .334 wOBA/98 wRC+ one year, .286/68 the other. Compared to .457/180 for VCat
    That means nothing. If Triunfel was screwing around in AA at the same age VCat was he probably would have raked as well, but he was busy playing premium defense and reaching AAA a full two baseball years earlier than Catricala despite a very serious leg injury setback I might add.

vCash
    Thats a BS argument. If he wasnt playing SS, he would have put up unheard of numbers? Really? He created 32% less runs than average one year. I highly doubt if he would have focused more on his offense like you say, he would have gotten anywhere near VCat.

Creating 80% more runs that average doesnt mean anything? Getting even better from the offensive haven in HD to Jackson doesnt mean anything?

I also havent heard about his "premium defense". Ive heard he is pretty average there.

Also, two years earlier? VCat has only been in the minors for 3.5 years, and was in AA in his second. You are gonna try to punish him for getting drafted later. Triunfel has only been above average offensively once in 5 MiLB seasons. VCat was well above average in 3/4

Cmon dude. I dont even understand where you got that stuff. Grasping at some serious straws there.
    Last edited by jej; 11-19-2012 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    It's not because he was "focusing on defense." The point was (and someone tell me if it wasn't clear) that Triunfel has been young for every league he's played in, that he has been way more challenged than Catricala at earlier stages, and that Catricala has been old for his leagues. In other words, if Triunfel got to hit in High Desert at age 22, he probably would have torn that league a new one. Triunfel was facing better pitching at age 19 than Catricala was at 22.

The other point was that he plays a premium defensive position, SS. VCat is a corner OF if he's lucky by most accounts. In other words, Triunfel outhit Catricala at AAA while being a year and a half younger and being way more valuable defensively. There's an article on Fangraphs that explains why the author believes Elvis Andrus is more valuable than Justin Upton. Position weighs into that belief a lot. Same principle here, plus age, plus recent performance.

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast