Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i see texas and cleveland being best trade partners as they can deal top notch IFers

i think billy butler makes the most sense for Ms and our needs match up

but im predicting the unpredictable, and that offensive players are going to cost a ton
    I agree that the needs match up, but we need outfield more than first. I wouldn't object at Butler at the right price, but I think is value to us is a little lower than what he might want in a trade.

Gordon and Butler would be sex. Would neve happen tho.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Alex Gordon and Butler. That's all I want
    Me to but the Royals wouldn't trade both of them though.

vCash
    Walker, Franklin, VCat, Vargas and Smoak for Butler and Gordon? That's a lot man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Me to but the Royals wouldn't trade both of them though.
    i dont doubt there could be a blockbuster with kc, lots of different options

i think it'd take walker, vargas, saunders type value for gordon and butler tho...maybe more

vCash
    i see texas and cleveland being best trade partners as they can deal top notch IFers

i think billy butler makes the most sense for Ms and our needs match up

but im predicting the unpredictable, and that offensive players are going to cost a ton
    Franklin or Seager plus pitching would have to interest them I would think.

I'd love to mark down Butler in the DH spot for the forseeable future, but where does that leave Montero? That's two extremely unathletic players to have to awkwardly shove into the lineup everyday, and with increased interleague too. I also hate the idea of displacing Jaso. Butler represents probably the safest best to rake from day one and on for several years, but also the toughest guy to get in the lineup. He's clearly in the lineup daily, but someone else is going to lose a spot. Unless Montero can seamlessly transition to first, but I doubt he's much better than Butler there myself.

vCash
    i dont doubt there could be a blockbuster with kc, lots of different options

i think it'd take walker, vargas, saunders type value for gordon and butler tho...maybe more
    For sure more. I don't think Vargas is of much value at all because he'll be making a lot of coin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Walker, Franklin, VCat, Vargas and Smoak for Butler and Gordon? That's a lot man.
    I don't even think KC would give Smoak a roster spot, let alone give away anything for him.

vCash
    It's not like he is a centerpiece. Why wouldn't they want him as a throw in? He is cheap, still young, and who else do they have to DH if Butler is gone? Francouer?

There is no downside to bringing him in and giving him a shot in spring. Isn't expensive, still has options. I don't get that at all.

vCash
    They don't have room to develop a 1b/dh. That's why people believe they'd consider dealing their best hitter, to open up DH so they are more flexible with their endless pile of young hitters. 1B is flat out not an option with Hosmer already being way better. Also Smoak does nothing for the deal unless they asked for a throw in. It just adds nothing to the discussion to include Smoak.
    Last edited by FWBrodie; 11-17-2012 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    What young hitters dont have a position if Gordon and Butler are gone? They would have room at DH. hosmer, Moose and Myers already have their spots. Their DH would be Fracouer or some kind of cheap vet that they signed.

I never said he had value. He would be a throw in becasue we no longer need him, and im sure KC would welcome him and give hi one more shot. Its not like they are ready to contend now anyway

vCash
    Yeah, they're not giving up Gordon and Butler.

vCash
    Obviously. But thats what we were talking about. Thats what you replied to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Yeah, they're not giving up Gordon and Butler.
    i think its possible if they get saunders, montero or seager in return.
    Last edited by Rain City; 11-17-2012 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Franklin or Seager plus pitching would have to interest them I would think.

I'd love to mark down Butler in the DH spot for the forseeable future, but where does that leave Montero? That's two extremely unathletic players to have to awkwardly shove into the lineup everyday, and with increased interleague too. I also hate the idea of displacing Jaso. Butler represents probably the safest best to rake from day one and on for several years, but also the toughest guy to get in the lineup. He's clearly in the lineup daily, but someone else is going to lose a spot. Unless Montero can seamlessly transition to first, but I doubt he's much better than Butler there myself.
    yea but elvis and asdrubal are better players.

i see what your saying about butler, he and montero make it challenging to set the roster/lienup, but Z wants a big RH bat.

2013 we can develop montero at 1b, smoak can make alot of late inning D replacement, montero can also give jaso his nights off (vs LHP)and get close to a full time level of ABs.

i think it can work, as long as by 2014 they are ready to move montero to 1b permanetly or out of town (assuming Zunino will be ready for OD 2014 full time C).

i kinda struggle w/ reports that say GMZ is looking more for RH bat, Zunino will be up soon and help balance things. thats why i lean more to pursue gordon harder (assuming KC is listening to those offers).

vCash
    Im sure if they have interst in Butler they have thought about where they are gonna play them. They arent stupid.

RC, we are still lefty heavy even with Zunino. Im sure they arent ruling out lefties, just like righties more

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast