Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What would you guys give up for LoMo?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Like I said the deal I proposed would never happen. I assume if the Marlins did for some reason trade Stanton they would want the team to take Nolasco's salary as well. But Nolasco isn't a complete salary dump, he does have some value as a #3/4 starter. With that being said I think Stanton is already the player anyone could hope Montero will develop into, and Stanton still has time to get better. Maybe with the Zunino coming up the M's would consider moving Montero in a deal for a superstar young hitter? Would never happen, but just throwing stuff out there cuz its fun to do haha

vCash
    Just doesnt make sense to trade who we hope will be our future 3-5 guy for another 3-5 guy.

I mean, say the wRC+ jump from Montero to Stanton is 125 to 160. You only gain 35, while also losing other players, and having to play a different person in the lineup. I want stanton in addition to our current guys, not instead of

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Why trade from the worst offense in the league? We lost a potential 25-30 HR guy + a future ace for 40 HR. doesn't make sense to me.
    Don't see why your acting like its so absurd we don't know what Montero is going to be plus he doesn't have a position with Montero is pretty much guess work with Stanton you know what your getting plus he has a Defensive position.

Again i think from the Marlins stand point it would be crazy to trade him he has such a low salary for the next couple of seasons.

I would actually be more worried about involving Walker in a deal then i would Montero because bats are starting to become harder to find with the Steroid era over pitching is starting to dominate so its more likely Walker turns into ace imo.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-14-2012 at 08:26 PM.

vCash
    Because I dont think it improves our offense enough. Makes ZERO sense to trade from the worst offense in the league. We need to add to the offense

vCash
    Yeah that's a dumb trade IMO. No way do we give up a Moto bat for a Moto bat.

vCash
    That's why we wouldn't make a good trade partner bc try would clearly want a MOTO n return for Stanton, another team could prolly part with 1 for the potential Stanton has.

vCash
    If they want another MOTO back, they would just keep Stanton. I'm sure whoever they get would be more expensive.

vCash
    Not necessarily, they love stock piling prospects.

vCash
    Because I dont think it improves our offense enough. Makes ZERO sense to trade from the worst offense in the league. We need to add to the offense
    What your forgetting that Stanton has proved himself Montero hasn't and Stanton plays in the OF Montero is most likely going to be moved to DH.

Montero might not even be the backup Catcher he will most likely only be the emergency Catcher.

If they want another MOTO back, they would just keep Stanton. I'm sure whoever they get would be more expensive.
    Yea like i said i bet the Marlins hang up on that offer only because Stanton has shown that he can hit for major power and get on base Montero is still a developing prospect and Walker hasn't seen the bigs yet.

I think Stantons salary for 2013 is only 400k something and his 2014 is like 500-600k something he is incredibly cheap.

The only way i see the Marlins trading Stanton is a swap for Felix one for one but that isn't happening because as great as Felix is he is still a pitcher that pitches once every 5 days.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-14-2012 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    I don't care. We need offense. You don't trade from the MOTO when you have a ****** offense already.

Montero is 22 and has one full year. Can't give up on him, especially with the fences coming in. Trading from the offense doesn't make any sense. You gain some with Stanton, but people never seem to factor in what we give up. If you get a 6 WAR player, but give up 4 WAR worth of players, you don't gain as much as you thought you did

vCash
    I don't care. We need offense. You don't trade from the MOTO when you have a ****** offense already.

Montero is 22 and has one full year. Can't give up on him, especially with the fences coming in. Trading from the offense doesn't make any sense. You gain some with Stanton, but people never seem to factor in what we give up. If you get a 6 WAR player, but give up 4 WAR worth of players, you don't gain as much as you thought you did
    You realize Stanton is only 23 years old right? We aren't trading for some 32 year old guy past his prime you also seem to be forgetting that Stanton is a proven bat Montero has had one season and was up and down.

This is probably another reason why its not happening Stanton right now is a proven MOTO bat makes no sense for the Marlins to swap for an unknown.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-14-2012 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    I know. But how much does our offense really improve? I mean, if we expect 120 wRC+ from Montero, then we lose those.

We need to add to what we already have. If we trade Montero, we could lose some solid offense. If we get Hamilton then I can see it, but not with our current team. Stanton, Seager and Saunders is not a good enough MOTO. Stanton, Seager Montero could be.

I know Stanton is proven. But unless you expect Monteo to busy it doesn't make sense! We can't trade from the offense if we expect to improve!!

vCash
    I know. But how much does our offense really improve? I mean, if we expect 120 wRC+ from Montero, then we lose those.

We need to add to what we already have. If we trade Montero, we could lose some solid offense. If we get Hamilton then I can see it, but not with our current team. Stanton, Seager and Saunders is not a good enough MOTO. Stanton, Seager Montero could be.

I know Stanton is proven. But unless you expect Monteo to busy it doesn't make sense! We can't trade from the offense if we expect to improve!!
    While i Definitely don't think it will happen because the Marlins will be asking for the farm like we would with Felix i think Stanton would attract Hamilton here because we would have a proven bat that could protect each other.

vCash
    I'd give my left nut for Stanton.

Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast