Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Completely unrealistic but would you guys do this? For what its worth, Im a Twins fan so Im not coming from a Marlins point of view or anything.

SEA gets: Mike Stanton, Ricky Nolasco
    MIA gets: Jesus Montero, Taijuan Walker, Carter Capps, Francisco Martinez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    Completely unrealistic but would you guys do this? For what its worth, Im a Twins fan so Im not coming from a Marlins point of view or anything.

SEA gets: Mike Stanton, Ricky Nolasco
    MIA gets: Jesus Montero, Taijuan Walker, Carter Capps, Francisco Martinez
    Thats a pretty good deal for both sides in my opinion Taijuan has the makings of an Ace and Stanton is going to be a 40+ HR guy and is under contract for a reasonable deal until 2017.

Some might say that throwing in Montero is to much but he doesn't really have a position and we don't know if he can hit 30+ HR's like Stanton can.

I doubt the Marlins do this though proven hitters like Stanton are so hard to find now a days because they get locked up early by the team that drafted them.

vCash
    I wouldn't give Montero in that deal and tell them to leave out Nolasco. If they say no, I'd pass.

I'd give Walker, Franklin and anyone else not named Felix or Jesus.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yeah I don't want Nolaso enough to trade Montero. One year of an average pitcher? Meh.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Nolasco blows. LoMo would be welcome tho.

I would prefer a righty,especially if its in addition to Hamitlon, but I wouldn't be against it at the right price. None of the big 3 or Franklin preferably. One of Erasmo/Miller/Maurer can headline
    Nolasco is pretty similar to Vargas, and would be easily our number 3 starter. Guarantee that the big three won't be ready this year so we need arms. We will be lucky if one of the three is ready this year. We have had good luck with pitchers here cause we have pretty good coaching, and a good park. Nolasco would probably be money here, and I am betting the Marlins will deal both together. Taking on his 11 million for the one season would probably make LoMo cheaper too since they are just dumping salary.

vCash
    Yeah I don't want Nolaso enough to trade Montero. One year of an average pitcher? Meh.
    I wouldnt trade Montero in any deal. Why trade a bat to get a bat. Nolasco would be the cheap player in the deal as it is just a salary dump. They aren't going to trade Stanton anyway unless he starts to be a problem. I know he is not happy with the trades made so far.

vCash
    I think there are better options than Nolasco. He is so overrated. People act like he is a good pitcher and he is actually pretty average. I wouldn't mind him, but I'm not giving up much value for him.

I also doubt they will give someone a deal to take on his $11M when they only have like $25M on their payroll. It isn't necessary.

I think they would cost too much tho. Both are overrated, an while LoMo has a very good ceiling, he hasn't been great yet. If Nolasco does get us a deal on both, then I'm down.

I don't really want two new lefty bats tho. If we get Hamilton, then I'm not big on him. I certainly wouldn't mind, but we are pretty lefty heavy.

vCash
    Yeah, Stanton's not going anywhere.

I prefer to get a lesser hitter if we don't have to trade from the offense to get it. Like if Upton costs Seager and one of the big 3, no thanks. We might not end up improving the team. We lose one of our better hitters and future TOPR pitcher for a potential all star.

vCash
    Montero is not untradeable to me especially for a guy like Stanton who has already proven 40+ HR power but yea i agree Marlins won't trade Stanton if this guy hit the FA market he would be worth a A-Rod type contract.

Nolasco is probably just a throw in this trade but Stanton is still more valuable then Montero with his Defense and bat.

vCash
    Why trade from the worst offense in the league? We lost a potential 25-30 HR guy + a future ace for 40 HR. doesn't make sense to me.

vCash
    Ive heard Marlins plan to keep LoMo and move him back to 1b. It would be a sell low scenario if they dealt him and he makes a cheap 1b which is wut they are all about right now.

I'm ecstatic we intend to pursue Hamilton, my prediction tho is white sox are lying in the weeds to get him, they need to make that type of move to keep pace with Detroit. Last yeAr prince used us to drive up his price, i think josh will do the same. Hope I'm wrong tho. I'd have no problem giving him 6/150 with an incentivized option for a 7th, much more than that would be quite a gamble but with his talent I can see somebody doing it even if nobody is showing their cards now.

vCash
    6/150 is just nuts. You have to completely ignore the huge risk to want to give a 31 year old, 125 game, 5 WAR player 6/150.

vCash
    6/150 is just nuts. You have to completely ignore the huge risk to want to give a 31 year old, 125 game, 5 WAR player 6/150.
    Sadly that is what it will probably take. Hunter got 13 million, I bet Swisher gets 18. Hamilton will get 25, but I hope we can keep it around 5 years.

vCash
    I bet someone gives it to him. If u were to bet I'd take the over.

vCash
    I dont know. With 5 teams in that we know of, and people thinking he gets as low as 5/100, I dont see 6/150.

I at least hope it isnt us.

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast