Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1042
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    Do you think Paxton will be >Hultzen? Cause I get a strange feeling he will be.

    There's people that think Erasmo will be better than Paxton based on a poll on saw in an article
    Something I've been meaning to write about for some time are the results of this mid-September poll. Between Paxton, Erasmo Ramirez, Danny Hultzen, and Taijuan Walker, I asked the audience (that's you!) to pick the guy they thought would go on to have the best major-league career. Ramirez -- the least heralded of the bunch -- has had success in the majors, while none of the others have yet had success even in triple-A. Yet here's how the poll broke down:

    Walker: 39%
    Hultzen: 38%
    Ramirez: 16%
    Paxton: 7%
    I think that's nuts. I mean, Erasmo has already done something. But Paxton looks a lot better.

    I am fine with dealing either In the right deal I think. I mean, Felix/Walker/Paxton/Erasmo/Maurer with Gordon in the lineup is better than Felix/Hultzen/Walker/Paxton/Erasmo without Gordon.
    Last edited by jej; 11-13-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  2. #617
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I'm just not interested in crippling the franchise, even if there is a chance it could also save it. I'd rather go cheaper for Swish, and add another bat through trade.

    If Hamilton gets to the point where we want to trade him, who are we going to trade him to? People don't want 2/45 for a struggling player.

    I am down with Ham for 4/88, but that's about it
    I don't think Swisher will be all that much cheaper when it is said and done. And if you think Hamilton will cripple the franchise, then I just have no comment. I think 4 years at 100 million with a option for a 5th year and another 25 million would get the job done. Rangers said they would go 3 years, and I don't think anyone else will go 5.
    Last edited by drew_ellis_23; 11-13-2012 at 12:00 PM.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    If you think Hamilton will get 25 a year, then yeah, Swish will be cheaper. By about 10 million.

    Hamilton won't cripple it, his contract could. Anything more than 5 years and 115 million would be a bad move.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  4. #619
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Do you think Paxton will be >Hultzen? Cause I get a strange feeling he will be.

    There's people that think Erasmo will be better than Paxton based on a poll on saw in an article


    I think that's nuts. I mean, Erasmo has already done something. But Paxton looks a lot better.

    I am fine with dealing either In the right deal I think. I mean, Felix/Walker/Paxton/Erasmo/Maurer with Gordon in the lineup is better than Felix/Hultzen/Walker/Paxton/Erasmo without Gordon.
    I don't care for Erasmo all that much so if others value him so high, I would flip him with Vargas for a bat, or add him to Paxton and a bullpen arm for a bat. He is nothing more than a 4 or 5 starter to me.

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    If you think Hamilton will get 25 a year, then yeah, Swish will be cheaper. By about 10 million.

    Hamilton won't cripple it, his contract could. Anything more than 5 years and 115 million would be a bad move.
    I bet Swisher gets close to 20 million a year. If you consider how many more fans will go to games to see Hamilton, and if he does well how much better a deal we can get when we get our new TV deal, then Hamilton is a win win. The extra money in jersey sales and ticket sales would actually make him cheaper. And his bat is a hell of a lot scarier in the middle of our lineup.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    I think he could be a very good 4th starter tho. He makes me fine with trading one of Paxton or Hultzen is what I mean.

    You need a balance. You can't have a great rotation and no offense. You need a little of both.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  7. #622
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Not a fan. I have no idea his asking price but we don't have a spot for him on this roster.
    I wouldnt say we have no spot. If the add an OF and want to add another bat where is it supposed to fit? Id say a guy who can swing between the corners and dh would make a lot of sense and Youk might be cheaper than you'd expect at this point.

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    I bet Swisher gets close to 20 million a year. If you consider how many more fans will go to games to see Hamilton, and if he does well how much better a deal we can get when we get our new TV deal, then Hamilton is a win win. The extra money in jersey sales and ticket sales would actually make him cheaper. And his bat is a hell of a lot scarier in the middle of our lineup.
    I don't think there is any reason to believe he will get 20 a year. Most experts seem to think about 15. Dave Cameron said 5/100 for Hamilton and 4/56 for Swisher.

    I think people are ignoring the very small market for these players. There are only a few teams in, and none of them are especially big markets.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  9. #624
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I wouldnt say we have no spot. If the add an OF and want to add another bat where is it supposed to fit? Id say a guy who can swing between the corners and dh would make a lot of sense and Youk might be cheaper than you'd expect at this point.
    Yeah I like Youk if the price is right. DH when Jesus catches, 1B if Smoak struggles or needs a day off, 3B so Seager can have a off day. He isnt a everyday player anymore but he could still have value. I think someone will sign him as a everyday player though.

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I wouldnt say we have no spot. If the add an OF and want to add another bat where is it supposed to fit? Id say a guy who can swing between the corners and dh would make a lot of sense and Youk might be cheaper than you'd expect at this point.
    We won't just bring people in for the heck of it. We have money, but we don't like to use it. I don't think we need to be in on him. There are teams that want him full time with will raise the price.

    You get another corner outfielder and platoon Guti and Jaso.
    Last edited by jej; 11-13-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  11. #626
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I don't think there is any reason to believe he will get 20 a year. Most experts seem to think about 15. Dave Cameron said 5/100 for Hamilton and 4/56 for Swisher.

    I think people are ignoring the very small market for these players. There are only a few teams in, and none of them are especially big markets.
    If we can get Swisher for that then I am all in, but I just don't see it. The market is slow to start, but it will pick up.

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    Can you find some experts who expect 20M a year for him?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  13. #628
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Can you find some experts who expect 20M a year for him?
    Can you find a expert that expected Pujols to get what he got, or that Detroit was going to sign Prince for what he got from them? Someone will come out of nowhere and give him 18 to 20 million. There are big market teams like Philly, Boston, SF, that need offense. I don't care what experts say. They are just idiots with opinions like all of us. They just get paid for theirs.

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sure they know a little more than we do. They talk to people. They know who is in.

    And I have said before that the only way he or Hamilton get what they want is if a team comes out of nowhere. That's not what we are talking about tho. You don't plan for that. It's a surprise, so I leave it out. Why would you believe that will happen if there is no indication?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  15. #630
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    A DET is the only way I see him getting more than 5/120. I don't think it will take that tho. 4 teams, all medium to small markets. People realize the risk. Just cause he wants 7/175 doesn't mean he will get anything close to it. I want it too, but I ain't getting it.
    I said yesterday.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •