Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hell yes on Swisher.

It's the contract length that gets me.
    I'm In.

vCash
    http://www.ussmariner.com/2012/10/09...f-season-plan/

Theres the article if anyone wants to see it.

I do like Swisher, but like Ian said, I dont know if i want him at 37.

Melky is a good idea. Ive always liked him. Obviously he cheated, but he was solid the couple years before.

The Hafner idea is alright, as long as it doesnt take any permanant time away from Montero. If he is ready, then call him up.

Maybe trade for Choo instead of signing Swish, although I dont mind either.

vCash
    Yeah I'd love to snag Swisher and agree about the contract length.

vCash
    Swish, Choo and Melky. lets get all 3!

vCash
    The thing about getting two ofs for me is, I don't wanna platoon Franklin and Saunders. I feel like Saunders came a long way this year and to drop him back to a platoon would be a big setback IMO. Guti is so money when's he's healthy, but when exactly is that?

vCash
    yeah i dont think i would make a plan around Guti being healthy

vCash
    Not trying to spam you guys, but these are my thoughts without me having to say it all again.

http://sodomojo.com/2012/10/10/jjs-offseason-plan/

Main points if you dont wanna read it, which i doubt you want to:
    Trade for Choo
    Sign Gomes
    Sign Hafner (Daves idea)
    Sign Villanueva (Daves idea)
    Make the trade with the Rays that Dave also said

vCash
    I'm on board for Choo if the trade pieces are reasonable.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shanghao90 View Post
    I thinks two year of a often injured 28 year old 1st basemen is not worth it at all.
    :cry:
    ----------------
    Source : Friv games .
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Not trying to spam you guys, but these are my thoughts without me having to say it all again.

http://sodomojo.com/2012/10/10/jjs-offseason-plan/

Main points if you dont wanna read it, which i doubt you want to:
    Trade for Choo
    Sign Gomes
    Sign Hafner (Daves idea)
    Sign Villanueva (Daves idea)
    Make the trade with the Rays that Dave also said
    i like the carp and trayvon trade for rodriguez and gimenez, its low key but upgrades 2 spots for us.

i love choo, but i value him with caution because he is getting on the wrong side of 30, with injury history, dont think he has + speed or power anymore, nevertheless that trade makes sense and id be happy to see him in RF (but would still rather shell out for Hamilton).

If we were to land choo, there is no need to spen $ on Gomes. Saunders and Guti are full time players, if Guti goes down, Saunders can play CF and a wells/thames platoon works. Gomes has had impressive runs but overall, at 31, nothing to be impressed with, looks like a typical Mariner waste of $ to me.

And the idea that you can platoon Saunders and play GOmes everyday is baffling, Saunders is at the age that he can build on a 20-20 season, plays great D, hits lefties, hes got to play every day, he is a big part of this team. he hit HRs in crazy streaks this year, i think he is the next Mariner to have a 30hr season, hes got the talent. Choo and GOmes are approaching a cliff year, Saunders is on the ascend, I value him higher than both. Saunders is next years Reddick!

signing hafner could do nothing or could be a legit MOTO bat, and wouldnt cost alot so im not against it....

MOntero going over to 1b is not a bad idea, but rather than start him in triple A, let him start learning it now, and have a competition in ST. Thats what Ms need to do better of is making guys compete rather than giving jobs away, guys play better and the energy leads to winning, look at what happened when we dealt Ichiro.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-11-2012 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    clearly gomes biggest asset is OB%, heavily by walks, in our lineup and ballpark and with him being 32, teams will be fine throwing him right down the middle and making his bat beat them, which has never been that great. bad defense, no speed, i wouldnt mind him being our first guy off the bench tho.

And the more i think about it, montero needs to learn 1b ASAP, his bat needs to make strides to develop as well. Still going off his prospect profile, having a special bat, hes got to play 1b with all these interleague games and with Zunino coming up.

I think ms deserve criticism for not letting montero get his feet wet at 1b this year.

Thats where his future clearly is. The DH spot is for mid 30s guys that still have something in their bat, not guys in their prime, than it hinders the lineup for interleague and WS play.

vCash
    Gomes brings more offensively than Guti tho. We have the best defense in the league without Guti. We need offense. Guti could platoon with Hafner until Montero is ready.

IMO, Montero would benefit from AAA. He isnt at the stage where anything less than MLB at bats hurt. Plus he needs to learn the D.

I get where you are coming from tho. it depends on how he looks in camp and such.

And RC, I dont think Gomes is as bad/mediocre as you seem to think. He gets on base, and averages 17 homers in about 108 games a year. Thats 23-24 a year if he plays 150 games. Plus he would have been our best hitter this year (.375 wOBA and 142 wRC+). He reminds me of Jaso from the right side.

I would be fine with just Choo, but i think our offense needs more than that. We cant go from last to where we need to be just by adding a 4-4.5-ish WAR guy. Even if our young guys develop like they should, I think we need another bat. Chances are one or two of Ackley, Montero, Saunders, Seager and Smoak dont work out like we hope.

Also, lets not forget than Hamilton is also 31, has had injury and other problems in the past, costs WAY more money, and was pretty mediocre for all but a couple months this year.
    Last edited by jej; 10-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Not sold on Melky.

What do you guys think about Cody Ross? Like Swisher, he is 32.

Ross 2012: . 267 /.326/.481 wOBA .341
    Cabrera 2011: .305 /.339/.470 wOBA .349

Without any useable data from Cabrera in 2012, I'm scared away by how much he might regress. Maybe I will warm up to him more when I start hearing what other teams are willing to offer.

Would there be a better "blue-collar, always-hustling" trio of Ryan, Swisher and Ross in the bigs?
    Last edited by baseball_is_lif; 10-11-2012 at 10:08 PM.

vCash
    Ross would be an OK option. Not really much of a power bat tho either. Kind of a right handed, slightly worse version of Choo.

vCash
    I love Cody Ross.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast