Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansa...lb-offseason-t

check this link... 20 min old.. maybe you already had caught wind but royals scouting paxton!

also, on the yankee forum they are saying kc is willing to deal gordon, moustakas/hosmer for SP. Whoa now!

vCash
    Link is broken but....

HOLY HELL

vCash
    Paxton, Vargas, Guti, Pryor, Smoak and VCat for Gordon and Butler OR

Paxton, Vargas, Guti and Pryor for Gordon and Moose

Gordon
    Saunders
    Montero
    Butler
    Seager
    Jaso
    Ackley
    Wells
    Ryan

OR

RF Gordon
    CF Saunders
    DH Montero
    2B Seager
    3B Moustakus
    C Jaso
    LF Ackley
    1B Smoak
    SS Ryan

If only
    Last edited by jej; 10-27-2012 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Paxton, Vargas, Guti, Pryor, Smoak and VCat for Gordon and Butler OR

Paxton, Vargas, Guti and Pryor for Gordon and Moose

IF ONLY
    i suspect these kinda talks are going down.

i think they'd want seager instead of guti tho.... deep breath...

and we need some kinda arm thrown in.

who has more value to us... seager or ackley? these are questions we will have to be pondering.

vCash
    If we have to trade Seager for Moustakus then no deal. Seager had a better year. You gotta forget the name and look at the production

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    If we have to trade Seager for Moustakus then no deal. Seager had a better year. You gotta forget the name and look at the production
    id counter with ackley for that same reason. this makes our IF better on offense and defense, with upside.

Looking at their depth chart they can move guys around, they dont have a mainstay at 2b either.

i wonder about butler... where is his value to us? too similar to montero and both DH i think so i focus on moose or hosmer with Gordon.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-27-2012 at 02:27 PM.

vCash
    Ackley is not worth him either.

They are almost identical for their careers in wOBA and wRC+.

Why are you so ready to give up on Ackley, but not Moose? They are in an almost identical situation. Lots of hype, 2 years in and havent put it together. Actually, ackley was much better in his rookie year, so at least he has shown flashes. Moose hasnt

vCash
    its not that im ready to give up on ackley but ill deal him if the value is right,

they could both still develop, moose profiles better in MOTO, i think moose at 3rd, seager at 2nd is better defensively... 20 more xbh than ack, fills a bigger need with his power, and like you said, they are the same at getting OB so we are not losing there.

vCash
    But you want to give up more than just Ackley. It makes no sense.

I dont care about counting stats. For their careers:

Moose: .303 wOBA, 88 wRC+

Ackley: .297 wOBA, 90 wRC+

Also, Ackley was a +5.6 defender this year.

Its one thing to be open to trading him. But you want to dump him at all costs and its uneccesary.

vCash
    its more about the push for Gordon. i doubt id do ack+pryor for moose, id think about it hard but hold tight and keep looking.

i dont value ack as much as you, and last years 20 more xbh stands out to me more.

vCash
    I agree he was better last year. But Ack was better in 2011. Why do you ignore that?

Pay attention to what JAC says on twitter about Ike (to you I think?). What you give up in the trade has to be taken away from the increase in production. Giving up more than just Ackley, or even ackley straight up, for Moose could outweigh their future production.

Why is Moose allowed to have 2 bad years, but Ackley isnt allowed one (albeit worse)?

Its not about the push for Gordon. Its about dumping Ackley to you. you bring him up in every trade senario even if it doesnt require him. Paxton and Vargas for Gordon. Thats it. Dont need more

vCash
    the added cost for ike pushes that down for me, i wasnt factoring that originally.

ack was pretty encouraging in 2011, this year they pitched to his scouting report and he sucked, couldnt sustain anything and got worse as the season went.

i see gordon beckham all over again. 1st team all american, high 1st rd draft, raced through minors, his best stint was his first ml stint. the next year was a soph slump and hes plateued to 7-9 hitting 2b, not a bad player, just hasnt lived up.

assuming acks production will be beckham level (which is what I project), i wouldnt give that away, hes still a pretty good player, but with franklin, triunfel, vCat in the minors and FA players that can do this, i wouldn't hold on to him like 1st rd gold. If some other team still projects ackley as a .300 avg, .360+OB guy, id talk to them. thats just me. hopefully im wrong, its happened before, maybe he'll be perennial AS 2b, .350+ OB guy i just dont see it, quit trying to change my opinion, your wasting your breath, hes a name i dont mind throwing around in trade ideas, get over it.

vCash
    How about just Paxton for Gordon/Myers/Butler?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    How about just Paxton for Gordon/Myers/Butler?
    No way they take that. Maybe for Myers, but not the other two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    the added cost for ike pushes that down for me, i wasnt factoring that originally.

ack was pretty encouraging in 2011, this year they pitched to his scouting report and he sucked, couldnt sustain anything and got worse as the season went.

i see gordon beckham all over again. 1st team all american, high 1st rd draft, raced through minors, his best stint was his first ml stint. the next year was a soph slump and hes plateued to 7-9 hitting 2b, not a bad player, just hasnt lived up.

assuming acks production will be beckham level (which is what I project), i wouldnt give that away, hes still a pretty good player, but with franklin, triunfel, vCat in the minors and FA players that can do this, i wouldn't hold on to him like 1st rd gold. If some other team still projects ackley as a .300 avg, .360+OB guy, id talk to them. thats just me. hopefully im wrong, its happened before, maybe he'll be perennial AS 2b, .350+ OB guy i just dont see it, quit trying to change my opinion, your wasting your breath, hes a name i dont mind throwing around in trade ideas, get over it.
    Triunfel? He won't do anything. Do you really think he is better than Ackley? C'mon man. We don't need to trade Ackley like you seem to think.

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast