Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    His 10.3% and 9.8% walk rates are nothing special.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think it affects his power.
    Never said it doesn't. But his homers are all no doubters. If you are worried about that, you need to be worried about everything.

We can't be afraid of all hitters like that. None of them are wall scrapers like some guys hit. I don't see any reason to anticipate a huge zap in power.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Doesn't make sense to trade Seager either. We need to add straight up, not addition by subtraction and stuff.
    Agreed.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Career 11% BB%. According to FG, that's between above average and great.

Bill James projects a .347 wOBA, .256 average and 23 HR for him next year. I'd take that for Erasmo/Vargas and Miller/VCat

vCash
    Career 11% BB%. According to FG, that's between above average and great.

Bill James projects a .347 wOBA, .256 average and 23 HR for him next year. I'd take that for Erasmo/Vargas and Miller/VCat
    It's not fair to draw samples from A, AA, AAA, and other minor league and rookie levels.

Anyways, I don't think we're in the position to give up two good starting pitchers for someone who hasn't yet proven he is more than a 4th OF.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Yeah I think if we're buying in LoMo were buying low right now and they shouldn't get more than a couple lower level prospects. Maybe Erasmo and a scrub.

vCash
    It's not two good pitchers. It's one decent starter and one hitting prospect who is less proven than LoMo

How many 4th outfielders have career .341 wOBA and 112 wRC+?

vCash
    It's not two good pitchers. It's one decent starter and one hitting prospect who is less proven than LoMo

How many 4th outfielders have career .341 wOBA and 112 wRC+?
    Oh, I thought the trade was Vargas + Erasmo. So Vargas OR Erasmo?

Casper Wells.

.329 wOBA and 109 wRC+.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    LoMo is a funny guy on twitter but he is just another prospect who hasn't lived up to his potential the Marlins aren't selling low either.

I do agree with Matt though i am not giving up a elite prospect like Walker or Hultzen for LoMo he is going to have to be moved to first base with his injurie problems.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-15-2012 at 12:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I'd give my left nut but I wouldn't give Montero and Tai Walker.

I think you guys would not be saying the same things you are now one year ago. Montero has always been an elite prospect and while I know he sucked last season, he's still got above average tools at age 22.
    Nope i would be saying the same thing i would be now Stanton has unreal power and has flashed it over the last 3 seasons he has been hitting moon shots he also has Defensive value being an OF.

Its just a dream though he is getting payed in peanuts playing for the Marlins and is a Super Star the Marlins won't be trading him.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-15-2012 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    The thing I think ppl are missing with our young guys is that's its their first, second or third yrs in the league. Very rarely do u see guys just come to the show and Buster posey it. I mean u look at Jay Bruce for instance and its only been the last two yrs that he's really started living up to his potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    The thing I think ppl are missing with our young guys is that's its their first, second or third yrs in the league. Very rarely do u see guys just come to the show and Buster posey it. I mean u look at Jay Bruce for instance and its only been the last two yrs that he's really started living up to his potential.
    I am not saying Montero isn't going to be good Offensively but if i could do a package for Stanton and i had to include Montero i am doing it Stanton just has more value with his Defense.

vCash
    It wasnt directed at u exactly but just the ppl in general who keep throwing out the trade Ackley, Monterey sucks, blah, blah, blah.

vCash
    This.

The only player who I have almost completely given up on is Smoak.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    This.

The only player who I have almost completely given up on is Smoak.
    Yeah it's hard for me cause u know he's got the potential and u can see it in his septembers. They say it takes twice as long for a switch hitter to pull it all together too. He is really, really hard to have faith in though. Sometimes I feel like, he can do this but most of the times it's like Jesus ****ing Christ man.

vCash
    It wasnt directed at u exactly but just the ppl in general who keep throwing out the trade Ackley, Monterey sucks, blah, blah, blah.
    Well i didn't really see anything alarming with Montero except he seemed kind of hurried when a runner was in scoring position and wasn't very patient still he had a decent first season.

I agree with you on Smoak i don't know if its actually its his swing it seems to me he has no clue on how to hit a change up or a curve ball only thing he can kind of hit is a fastball.

Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast