Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I dunno. They're pretty set contract wise. I could see Smoak benched and a 1B added. Maybe a power hitter somewhere.

But bullpen intact, rotation intact less Millwood.
    I think RF is more options in FA and easier to obtain via trade, and nobody took that spot for us when ichiro left.

i was the first one on the replace smoak bandwagon but its going to be tougher than i would like it to be. The free agents options are berkman, Carlos Lee, Pena, James Loney, overbay... not necessarily guys you want to spend $ on, way older than smoak, not as good defense and & i think smoak's a good clubhouse guy and he teased us again in september to think he might actually become an average AL 1b.

on the trade market, its tough to find teams that will part with 1b, i like morneau, but we would have to trade value for minny to part with and hes only got 1 yr left and overpriced at that, commonsense says wait til next yr in FA, Lind is the same deal, a little lesser value and a bad clubhouse guy to boot. I like guys like morales, chris davis, garret jones, corey hart, but i dont see those teams looking to move em, we'd have to buy high, which im ok with but that has not been GMZ's MO.... i bet philly would be open to deal with howard, hes great with RISP which we need but his contract is a franchise killer.

I will say this, Ms effed up not listening to me at 40 games in when smoak was at the mendoza line and sticking with him, if they'da benched him then we win alot more games, like the win streaks we had once they sent him down. At 40 games if it is the same ole smoak.... BYE BYE, and they better have a plan for that... at the very least they should get a 1b spec that is blocked elsewhere, bc i dont think carp or liddi cut it, even tho carp is a healthy upgrade over a April-August smoak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    texas makes the best partner but my heart couldnt take it.
    Yep. Only them and KC make real sense for both teams. KC needs more than Felix but a Myers and Gordon package would be a solid get.

No other teams that new him have the talent to spare. Not ML ready that is.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I wouldn't trade Felix within the division.
    need a handshake agreement to have him resign when that deal expires lol

vCash
    Only major move I would like to see is us bring in Hamilton. We need a big bat, and we need a RF. He would be perfect. he will put butts in the seats, and improve our lineup. I keep Smoak for one more year cause with us bringing in the fences that will help him greatly. Someone posted in the other forum that had we made those changes this season Smoak would be hitting .250, with 31 homers on the year. For what we pay him, that is great production. Maybe sign or trade for a 3B if there is a upgrade and shift Seager to SS. I think he would be a great SS, and with his bat that would improve his trade stock too if we ever wanted to shop him when Franklin is ready. Or maybe bring back Ryan if it is real cheap.

Ackley
    Saunders
    Montero
    Hamilton
    Smoak
    Seager
    Guti
    Jaso
    Franklin/Ryan

That is the lineup I would roll with. Montero would be a monster with Hamilton protecting him, and I think Smoak would have a nice year with that type of cast around him and our fences moved in.

vCash
    yeah im on the Hamilton wagon big time also

vCash
    For me, Felix only gets traded for Moustakas/Gordon/Butler and Myers+.

But Id much rather trade one of the Big 3. Obviously we get less, but we cant lose Felix IMO.

Trade Paxton and VCat(?) for Choo, if he agrees to re-up. If not, then sign Gomes, and look elsewhere thru trade.

I dont think a 1B makes sense because then Jaso or Montero are out of a job in a year.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I think we need to see what our new park dimensions do for our club before we make a blockbuster deal (i.e Felix and........... yeah, Felix).
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    so Wedge stays while the rest of the coaching staff is gone....hmmmmm

i hope that GMZ has a manager(s) in mind to replace but will keep him if they are not available. That would be my play.

Frankly, Im pretty much done with Wedge, Im convinced he is a low tier manager and seek an upgrade.

Here is a gigantic stretch (fantasy), listening to Cal Ripken, i think he could seamlessly be a great manager, the move itself would create great energy.

You got Ventura with no managerial experience come in and be a big upgrade, who woulda thought Gibson would be a top 5 caliber manager....

I like the idea of maybe bringing in Sandberg or a former star player with a presence and high baseball IQ come in and take the challenge of turning Ms into a winner. It is a risk we can definitely take IMO.

vCash
    Managers do not have a big impact on the game unless they take it upon themselves (Wedge) to put out bad lineups, keep out our best hitters, and are bad situation-wise (i.e pulling a pitcher too fast).
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    man FA is terrible this year. only mildly interesting things out there would be Grady Sizemore on a cheap deal and hope he can stay healthy and Carlos Pena for some power upgrade a 1b upgrade. maybe Francisco Liriano at the right price also

vCash
    so JAC said that Ms are going to talk extension with Felix this month.... I think its huge....

im a little worried,... when he was pitching his tail off and there was excitement during the season everything from him was positive about wanting to extend with the Ms.... However, things can change, ANOTHER last place finish, there really is no reason to be optimistic about next year, especially in this division, and the fences moved in.... i know he said all the right things after they made the announcement, thats the kinda guy he is, but doesnt mean that it could worked against us come contract talks, he'd never admit it..... im anxious to see what happens.

I dont think felix would demand out, no way, but he may back track some, say he wants to wait after next year or something..

vCash
    ^ I'd be optimstic considering that Seager, Ackley and Montero are just going to get better. Not to mention you have Zunino coming up real soon. We improved our win total despite Guti being out for the majority of the year and Ackley struggling.

vCash
    You never know if Smoak is going to pull a nice career out of his ***.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    so JAC said that Ms are going to talk extension with Felix this month.... I think its huge....

im a little worried,... when he was pitching his tail off and there was excitement during the season everything from him was positive about wanting to extend with the Ms.... However, things can change, ANOTHER last place finish, there really is no reason to be optimistic about next year, especially in this division, and the fences moved in.... i know he said all the right things after they made the announcement, thats the kinda guy he is, but doesnt mean that it could worked against us come contract talks, he'd never admit it..... im anxious to see what happens.

I dont think felix would demand out, no way, but he may back track some, say he wants to wait after next year or something..
    Teams have offered the moon for Felix Hernandez in the past but there’s no chance that Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik is going to trade him now. King Felix is under contract through 2014 and the M's have the money to keep him beyond that. For his part, Hernandez is well-paid and loves playing in Seattle.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-hamilton.html

Does this make you worry less? Heck if that's not enough he is always tweeting about Seattle and the sport teams.

I just wish we could upgrade the Offense i really do not want to risk giving Hamilton a big contract because of his age his recent struggles and his past addictions.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 10-07-2012 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    I pretty much agree with what Dave Cameron about going after Nick Swisher. Gives us options in corner outfield spots as well as 1B.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast