Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

M's Offseason Discussion

Bring it on!

vCash
    i could talk off season for days but im going to keep it simple. trade for morneau and sign hamilton and keep everything close to the same. sign gerald laird, kick rocks olivo.

I asked JAC via twitter if SMoak's surge does anything to his trade value, he said it is little to 0, nobody values him as a potential starter, it would be a buy low scenario.

Ackley 2b
    guti CF
    Hamilton RF
    Jesus DH
    Morneau 1b
    Seager 3b
    Saunders CF
    Jaso/Laird C
    Ryan SS

Bench
    smoak
    trayvon
    Izturis
    Thames

Rotation
    Felix
    Iwakuma
    Erasmo
    Vargas
    Beavan

BP
    Wilhelmsen
    Furbush
    Pryor
    Capps
    Perez/Luetge
    Noesi/ Kinney

It might be early to do a roster project but oh well.... id aggressively pursue morneau and hamilton, i know they have question marks but they would be a huge upgrade, nobody needs them more than us.

id go 5yrs 115mil for hamilton and not blink an eye.... id deal hultzen for morneau and a spec and or ask to chip in on 2013 salary.

I think this team is balanced, the rotation after felix could look shaky to some, especially if you think iwakuma, vargas, and beavan over achieved with the fences coming in, but there is still great D behind em, and a deep, solid bullpen will help pace erasmo and iwakuma.

What I like about this lineup is you got Guti between 2 leftys, and montero between 2 leftys he could learn alot from, and he can concentrate on becoming a DH and meeting his potential. Guti and Montero smash LHP, this lineup makes it tough for bullpens to mix and match, and with our bullpen and D being a strength i think we have an advantage in late innings. Seager and Saunders are good producers at 6 and 7 hole.

Ive always like Izturis, would love to bring him in at utility IF, who knows, he might be better than Ackley... Regardless of who we add, we need Ackley and MOntero make a big stride, adding a veteran bat would help that, and we need pitching to stay very close to what it was this year which will be tougher with fences coming in.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-04-2012 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    At least we won't lose any games for the next few months!

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Theres no way I trade Hultzen for a year of Morneau.

I say we sign Jonny Gomes and/or trade for Shin Soo Choo, assuming he agrees to re-sign. I think Smoak gets the start for now, but no more chances after this. I dont like bringing in a 1b, escpecially one that would cost a lot.

If Smoak does figure it out, we wasted money. If not, once Zunino is up either Jesus or Jaso is out of a job anyway. 1B doesnt make sense to me.

Gomes 2012: .375 wOBA, 142 wRC+, 18 HR in 99 games. Thats ~ 27 in 150 games.
    Plus, he could probably be pretty cheap, and according to this: http://hittrackeronline.com/detail2....04&type=hitter - he doesnt lose a ton of HR at Safeco, especially now.

Choo 2012: .360 wOBA, 131 wRC+, 16 HR in 155 games.
    http://hittrackeronline.com/detail2....63&type=hitter
    Probably loses one to CF, but thats it.

Ackley 2B
    Saunders LF
    Choo RF
    Gomes DH/Smoak 1B
    Jaso C
    Jesus 1B/DH
    Seager 3B
    Guti CF
    Ryan SS

Smoak wouldnt hit 4th, I just needed to show the other option if Gomes isnt here. Have a DH/C/1B deal with Jaso, Montero and Smoak.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    yes please bring back Choo

vCash
    well i said to add a spec from them and depending on how good, they can also chip in to pay his inflated salary.... im sure Ms have a high price tag on Hultzen since we took him #2.

the point is we need to be aggressive and be willing to deal anyone (outside of Felix) to address this offensive futility. smoak has done the same thing 3 years in a row, absolute crap april-august, and a stellar September when games are meaningless, and we finish 4th each year.

vCash
    I'm not giving up Hultzen unless we're getting a stud.

vCash
    major roster overhaul coming soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    well i said to add a spec from them and depending on how good, they can also chip in to pay his inflated salary.... im sure Ms have a high price tag on Hultzen since we took him #2.

the point is we need to be aggressive and be willing to deal anyone (outside of Felix) to address this offensive futility. smoak has done the same thing 3 years in a row, absolute crap april-august, and a stellar September when games are meaningless, and we finish 4th each year.
    yeah but there are limits. and Hultzen for Mournau violates that to me

vCash
    Very much so. A year of a often injured 31 year old 1st basemen is not worth it at all.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkindrublic03 View Post
    I dunno. They're pretty set contract wise. I could see Smoak benched and a 1B added. Maybe a power hitter somewhere.

But bullpen intact, rotation intact less Millwood.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkindrublic03 View Post
    after 3 last place finishes in a row, major roster overhaul makes sense, we got better this year, but not much.

i just pray that it does not include felix, im not even comfortable bringing that up but ive talked to 2 people in the last day that have said they think felix should be dealt and when u talk major roster overhaul thats what comes to mind. Hopefully his loyalty to SEA doesnt waiver but honestly, i couldnt blame him if he wanted to go elsewhere

For sure teams are going to go hard for Felix, we might even get some tempting offers, but for me it has to include either, miggy, trout, stanton... i dont think boston or NY has close to what it takes to get him. maybe dodgers or Texas could but damnit i dont want felix going anywhere, if anything, an extension to stay. i think a couple MOTO bats, better coaching, we can definitely compete next year.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    I think I'd consider dealing Felix if we could get Andrus, Olt and others.

Not many teams that need him can spare proven major league hitters AND top prospects.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I wouldn't trade Felix within the division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I wouldn't trade Felix within the division.
    texas makes the best partner but my heart couldnt take it.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast