Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ichiro's ACTUAL 1st NYY Hit BALL (7/23/2012)! - To those who attended the game, HELP!

Hi to all Mariners & Ichiro fans, this is Alex.

I have an MLB-authenticated game used baseball of Russell Martin's 3rd inning groundout on the July 23, 2010 game at Seattle.

...and guess what - that was the very same inning of Ichiro's 1st at-bat / 1st game as a Yankee!
    I am now on a quest to prove that THIS BALL was the actual ball slapped by Ichiro to center field for his 1st hit as a New York Yankee.

Here are the facts that I have gathered so far:

1) Here is the official play-play of the 3rd inning: (http://espn.go.com/mlb/playbyplay?ga...ull=1&inning=0)

Top of Third Inning, Kevin Millwood pitching for Seattle
     Andruw Jones Strike (swinging), A Jones struck out swinging
     Ichiro Suzuki Strike (looking), I Suzuki singled to center
     Russell Martin Strike (looking), Ball, Ball, I Suzuki stole second,
           R Martin grounded out to second, I Suzuki to third

2) Here is a Youtube video of Ichiro's 1st at-bat as a Yankee in the same game: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YB5J...eature=related)

From this fan video, it can be seen that after Ichiro's hit, the outfielder throws the ball in to the 2nd baseman, 2nd baseman tosses it to the shortstop, and the shortstop tosses the ball back to the pitcher.
    From what it looks like, there is a very strong possibility that the same ball was used for the next batter, which was Russell Martin!

3) I already have video proof (from the MLB.TV coverage of the game) that only ONE ball was used in the entire Russell Martin at-bat (which also had Ichiro's 1st STOLEN BASE as a Yankee!), which ended with a groundout of this ball that I have.
    However, in the MLB.TV video, it was not shown whether the pitcher (Kevin Millwood) did in fact use the ball from the center fielder (Ichiro's 1st hit ball) to throw the 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

4) Here is my request:
    I was wondering if someone in this forum was able to attend the game, and take a video of the 3rd inning (maybe to commemorate Ichiro's 1st at-bat)?

I would just like definitive proof that the pitcher (Kevin Millwood) did in fact use the ball from the center fielder (Ichiro's 1st hit ball) to throw the 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

I would be happy to give a small token of appreciation for your time and help.

Please feel free to comment or post any leads, thank you very much!
    Alex

vCash
    Still hoping to find someone with an in-stadium video of the 3rd inning of the 7/23/2012 New York-Seattle game, thank you!

vCash
    Nobody is going to find that video MLB won't let any of this stuff go on youtube its immediately deleted.

vCash
    also nobody cares

vCash
    thank you for the replies.
    will give $100 Paypal to someone who can provide the video of the entire 3rd inning NYY at-bat of the 7/23/2012 NYY-SEA game.

thank you in advance for your time and help!

vCash
    I tried.

Got nothin dude
    I'm In.

vCash
    Thank you for your time.
    Just to be clear, I am looking for a live/in-stadium video of the entire 3rd inning NYY at-bat of the 7/23/2012 NYY-SEA game, which can provide definitive proof that the pitcher (Kevin Millwood) did in fact use the ball from the center fielder (Ichiro's 1st hit ball) to throw the 1st pitch to Russell Martin.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

vCash
    I feel like this replies are automated. You robot, you
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    nope, not a robot sir, just a dude looking for some help. =)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I feel like this replies are automated. You robot, you
    Lol, I thought the same thing.

vCash
    still hoping someone can help, thank you!

vCash
    Idk, but that would be cool if its the same ball. Unfortunatly its going to be crazy hard to find a video of the whole third inning of that game

vCash
    Yes, I looked at Youtube a fair bit, but most footages end at Ichiro's hit;
    They do not show the next at-bat.

I will try to contact YES or Steiner, as what other forum members suggested.

Thank you very much for everyone's time and help!