Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 99 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2459
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    im not saying kelly will be an ace i always thought he had the potential of a 2-3 pitcher

im not saying every prospect is gonna turn out, but lets say Stanton became available, I would absolutely hate to give up JBJ and Bogaerts in the same deal, in fact I would overpay with other specs to not include either of them

If such a deal were possible for Stanton, I would offer Rubby, Barnes, Brentz, Cecchini, Jacobs, and Iglesias

And be very happy that I had kept Owens, JBJ, and Bogaerts

again in the end 6-1 we most likely lose, but with their potential

JBJ
    Pedroia
    Stanton
    Bogaerts
    Middlebrooks

Sounds like the makings of a deadly lineup, again if they live up to their potentials
    I agree I'd rather pay off with lesser stats then 3 of our best 4 anytime.

But most likely 2 of the top 3:

XB
    Bradley
    Barnes

will not fullfill the average expectations people posting in this thread have. And it's far more likely all 3 will fail to live up to that level, than all 3 will exceed it - because the simple fact is fans overrate their own specs AND potential does not equal actuality.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    If Stanton is available then trade two of our prime prospects if that's what it takes! Prospects flounder ALL the time. Stanton is 23-years-old and is a true #3 hitter and franchise player. We'd be lucky to even be able to trade for him! He is what we would hope our prospects become.

The list of players I'd trade our best prospects for is small, but Stanton is absolutely at the top of my hitters list.

Trade List: G. Stanton, F. Hernandez, B. Harper, M. Trout, S. Strasburg, J. Votto, M. Montero, C. Kershaw. I'm probably missing some but any of these guys would be worth trading our blue-chip prospects for.
    Last edited by Norieaga; 11-17-2012 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    for the love of god i just want something to happen!

vCash
    I wouldn't even do one year for Hamilton, what's the point of losing a pick for that? Same goes for Kuroda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I wouldn't even do one year for Hamilton, what's the point of losing a pick for that? Same goes for Kuroda.
    That's a very, VERY good point, AI. In theory, the pay big money for a single year thing sounds good. But to get a player who would cost a draft pick? No way!!! If you're gonna have to lose a pick, it'd better be for a player that you're gonna keep around for a while!!!

vCash
    For Hamilton you would just get a pick the next year. The idea is silly though. Hamilton is not going to sign a 1 year deal, he does not need to rebuild his value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    But most likely 2 of the top 3:

XB
    Bradley
    Barnes
    will not fullfill the average expectations people posting in this thread have. And it's far more likely all 3 will fail to live up to that level, than all 3 will exceed it - because the simple fact is fans overrate their own specs AND potential does not equal actuality.
    Very well put.....

vCash
    The only one I'm truly high on is XB.
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash
    I'm very high on Bogaerts, but Bradley will be a starter for us, there is absolutely zero question about that.

vCash
    Yeah Bradley is the most definite, XB could be an 7 war player or a 1
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Bogaerts and Bradley are my most coveted. Pitching tends to bust the most of prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Bogaerts and Bradley are my most coveted. Pitching tends to bust the most of prospects.
    x2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Basically how I feel about it. Bradley's got the lowest chance of being a bust out of the 3 while Barnes and Bogaerts have the highest ceiling.

vCash
    Bradley's ceiling is higher than people think. His pop is overlooked IMO. He's a better pure hitter than he gets credit for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Bradley's ceiling is higher than people think. His pop is overlooked IMO. He's a better pure hitter than he gets credit for.
    Fenway should play like a ping pong machine for him.