Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 164 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2459
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I think Xander is absolutely in this deal. So i'd take away one of Barnes, Owens, Webster and add Xander. Plus we are most likely taking on Figgins as a bad contract.

I'm not saying that I would replace them with Xander it's just I believe that Seattle would demand him.

I would absolutely do either deal though.
    We are going to need XB guys...he could turn into something kind of like Stanton and we have a plethora of pitching prospects that are at most 2.5 years away. Lets just hope that 1 or 2 of those pan out...I'm thinking that Owens is going to be a #2, at worst a 3, Barnes a #2, de la Rosa is our only potential ACE, but then we also have Webster who could be a #3, and I know everyone is down on Ranaudo, but from reports I've read he is looking good in his winter league. FB back up to mid 90s. So he could also be a factor moving forward.

Imagine XB in 2 years starting in left field and hitting #3...drool over that for a minute....and then imagine that one of our outfield prospects not name JBjr pans out...outfield of XB, Jbjr, and one of Bretz, Jacobs, and at worse kalish or hazzelbaker...lots of power in that outfield...

Like I said, be patient. We will have a better roster than the end of last year, be more competitive and will keep our prospects unless someone who is normally unavailable is made available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan101NlB View Post
    We are going to need XB guys...he could turn into something kind of like Stanton and we have a plethora of pitching prospects that are at most 2.5 years away. Lets just hope that 1 or 2 of those pan out...I'm thinking that Owens is going to be a #2, at worst a 3, Barnes a #2, de la Rosa is our only potential ACE, but then we also have Webster who could be a #3, and I know everyone is down on Ranaudo, but from reports I've read he is looking good in his winter league. FB back up to mid 90s. So he could also be a factor moving forward.

Imagine XB in 2 years starting in left field and hitting #3...drool over that for a minute....and then imagine that one of our outfield prospects not name JBjr pans out...outfield of XB, Jbjr, and one of Bretz, Jacobs, and at worse kalish or hazzelbaker...lots of power in that outfield...

Like I said, be patient. We will have a better roster than the end of last year, be more competitive and will keep our prospects unless someone who is normally unavailable is made available.
    I pretty much agree with everything you just said here. I still think if you can get Hernandez you have too. Actually ya know what. We don't have to trade for him!! Wait til he hits F.A.

Im also with you on Ranaudo. I see Wainright 2.0. Also I wouldn't count out Britton.

vCash
    Well said Soxfan.I agree with everything you just said.do whatever it takes to get king felix though.the only untouchable for him would be XB and jackie bradley.I will give the mariners De la rosa,WM,Brentz and one of doubront and owens.

vCash

I like you already.

vCash
    There are few players whether starters or position players that I would trand Xander for. The only available starter that I would move him for is David Price but the problem is that would be in division and harder to pull off. I think Bogaerts is a special talent and can only improve with time given. His defense likely pushes him to left field but he's got the bat like Miguel Cabrera did coming up in the minors that could be special. (Not saying he'll be Miggy). I only mean that XB is being pushed by his offensive upside.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Felix given the lack of guys in FA this year is at a value level that's above all the offers mentioned expect perhaps one.

I agree we need to sit on the specs, but RS101NIB's version of how these guys turn out is well over what will happen. When since Rice and Lynn have any group of 2 or more specs turned out in a major way? Name me the 10 best pitchers the Sox have developed since day 1 of Clemens in the Majors - which is what - 28 years ago. Fossum and Sele are on the list.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    There are few players whether starters or position players that I would trand Xander for. The only available starter that I would move him for is David Price but the problem is that would be in division and harder to pull off. I think Bogaerts is a special talent and can only improve with time given. His defense likely pushes him to left field but he's got the bat like Miguel Cabrera did coming up in the minors that could be special. (Not saying he'll be Miggy). I only mean that XB is being pushed by his offensive upside.
    Run the list of #1 specs since 1976. Then look at what happened to them. XB looks like the real deal, but the fact is, he's not until he proves it.

If 3 of the 4 of: XB, Barnes, Bradley, and Owens turn out to make just one AS game, it would be a major coup.

Hate to bring up him up, but didn't we have a can't miss CF 3 years ago? Casey Kelly remember all the ink spilled on that guy? SS no SP. SP no SS. Well he finally pitched in the Majors last year w/ a mid 6 ERA.

If TB came knocking for XB, Barnes and Rubby for Price, damn right you trade them. But TB isn't knocking, why would they?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Felix given the lack of guys in FA this year is at a value level that's above all the offers mentioned expect perhaps one.

I agree we need to sit on the specs, but RS101NIB's version of how these guys turn out is well over what will happen. When since Rice and Lynn have any group of 2 or more specs turned out in a major way? Name me the 10 best pitchers the Sox have developed since day 1 of Clemens in the Majors - which is what - 28 years ago. Fossum and Sele are on the list.
    Lester, Buchholz, Papelbon are on that list in the upper eschelon. You're completely right. Some people focus on what could happen. Realistically guys like Bryce Brentz and Jose Iglesias are closer to bench bats than starters. A pipe dream scenario. Barnes could reach a number three starter at high end value which is somewhere between where Buchholz is at this point.

vCash
    Run the list of #1 specs since 1976. Then look at what happened to them. XB looks like the real deal, but the fact is, he's not until he proves it.

If 3 of the 4 of: XB, Barnes, Bradley, and Owens turn out to make just one AS game, it would be a major coup.

Hate to bring up him up, but didn't we have a can't miss CF 3 years ago? Casey Kelly remember all the ink spilled on that guy? SS no SP. SP no SS. Well he finally pitched in the Majors last year w/ a mid 6 ERA.

If TB came knocking for XB, Barnes and Rubby for Price, damn right you trade them. But TB isn't knocking, why would they?
    I don't disagree with you at all. I would move him under the right deal. No one is untouchable to in my opinion. But, at the same time I wouldn't just put him in a deal for someone like Garza.
    Last edited by GrkGawdofWalkz; 11-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.

vCash

Why do you have to bring logic into this lol.

vCash
    Bags I agree that I am over valueing our prospects...but I'm thinking that 2 of our top 6,7 arms will develop into serviceable major leaguer. 2 of 7 is not bad bit that also means we have to wait and see which 2 they are. Barnes seems like the real deal...however I could see him become.danile bard if he is not careful. De la Rosa could be ace qualiity but he could also be a high leverage BP arm. 2 of 7 isn't too much to ask for? Is it? Bit Xb needs.to be held onto. Unless, like I said, a previously untouchable player becomes available.
    You are mostly right that prospects r just prospects and they r not guaranteed but their potential is there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    I don't disagree with you at all. I would move him under the right deal. No one is untouchable to in my opinion. But, at the same time I wouldn't just put him in a deal for someone like Garza.
    Right. You save them unless its Felix, Stanton type guy not available in FA or the farm for the next 5 years.

vCash
    Bags I agree that I am over valueing our prospects...but I'm thinking that 2 of our top 6,7 arms will develop into serviceable major leaguer. 2 of 7 is not bad bit that also means we have to wait and see which 2 they are. Barnes seems like the real deal...however I could see him become.danile bard if he is not careful. De la Rosa could be ace qualiity but he could also be a high leverage BP arm. 2 of 7 isn't too much to ask for? Is it? Bit Xb needs.to be held onto. Unless, like I said, a previously untouchable player becomes available.
    You are mostly right that prospects r just prospects and they r not guaranteed but their potential is there
    Yes, 2 out 7 is reasonable. I just didn't see that in the post.

Of course if the Sox knew which two, we could cash the other guys in...

vCash
    Which 2 do u think bags? I'm in the boat.with Owens Barnes.and de la Rosa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368:24346873
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I have a feeling the Red Sox will sign both Greinke and Swisher.... just a feeling.
    The "in the know" writers have already said the Sox have dismissed Grienke as a candidate.
    Lackey came out of nowhere essentially with BC saying boston would be big spenders idk. It's just a feeling.. I dont reallly want either

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player