Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    I disagree. I think there are some teams that will offer big for Ellsbury, we just have to find that team. Like I believe the Rangers would probably value Ellsbury highly as would the Braves.
    There are 3 good CF's in FA - and several beat up older guys that could play CF a bit and also several platoon guys good for a year., the pressing need for one can be slaked in ways other than trade.

We won't get Andrus straight up for Ellsbury. He's a solid piece they can deal to 5-10 other teams, no need to accept a low ball.

Salty + Ells = Andrus - maybe they bite.

Ells + Owens + Wilson = Andrus - they bite.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    anyone like the idea of Ellsbury and Salty to texas for mike olt luis sardinas and a bullpen pitcher?

vCash
    Some trade ideas:

Salty for Logan Morrison

Salty for CJ Cron or Peter Bourjos

Salty + Ranaudo for Cron + Bourjos

Salty + Andrew Miller for Dan Vogelbach

Salty + Britton + Coyle for Justin Morneau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Some trade ideas:

Salty for Logan Morrison

Salty for CJ Cron or Peter Bourjos

Salty + Ranaudo for Cron + Bourjos

Salty + Andrew Miller for Dan Vogelbach

Salty + Britton + Coyle for Justin Morneau
    I like the Morneau trade, or Cron or Morrison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EwanSellars View Post
    anyone like the idea of Ellsbury and Salty to texas for mike olt luis sardinas and a bullpen pitcher?
    I definitely like that, even it was just for Olt, but it's not gonna happen.

Texas trading Olt for only 1 guaranteed year each of Ells and Salty (who sucks)?

I wish they were that stupid.

vCash
    Olt or Morrison would be nice, but I seriously doubt we get either.

However, I think Salty and some C specs could get us Morneau or Moreland.

For Morneau, Minny gets Salty to catch and moves Mauer to 1B full time. We'd have Morneau for 1 year.

For Moreland, Salty catches for them and Olt takes over at 1B. Moreland is signed for 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there anybody here interested in Hamilton at the right price? I mean, he would be a perfect bat in our lineup and could be the eventual replacement of Ortiz in 2 years at DH when some of our younger talent takes over in left field. I honestly didn't see Hamilton as a fit before, but the more I think about it, the more I drool over the fact of having Hamilton in our lineup. Plus, if Ortiz goes down again with an injure, we really lack that power bat in our lineup.
    I would be all over Hamilton for the right price

[QUOTE=bagwell368;24264032]There are 3 good CF's in FA - and several beat up older guys that could play CF a bit and also several platoon guys good for a year., the pressing need for one can be slaked in ways other than trade.

We won't get Andrus straight up for Ellsbury. He's a solid piece they can deal to 5-10 other teams, no need to accept a low ball.

Ells + Owens + Wilson = Andrus - they bite.[QUOTE]

lets do it

vCash
    What's the value of Salty? If a team like Seattle is interested could you swing a deal including Ellsbury to acquire top end pitching prospect like Walker?

To Seattle
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia

To Boston
    Taijuan Walker
    Brandon Maurer/Stefen Romero

Myabe eat a bad contract from Seattle like Chron Figgins (1 year remaining)

^yes I know how terrible he's been the past 2-3 years.
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 11-10-2012 at 04:36 PM.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    There are 3 good CF's in FA - and several beat up older guys that could play CF a bit and also several platoon guys good for a year., the pressing need for one can be slaked in ways other than trade.

Ells + Owens + Wilson = Andrus - they bite.
    I don't disagree, I just think some people are saying that the Red Sox will get trash for Ellsbury and I disagree. Ellsbury with a B/C+ level prospect could get them a high end prospect and maybe a little something extra on the side.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Sox Fan View Post
    I'm not interested. No doubt the guy can mash but signing him would be the complete opposite of the direction that the team seems to be moving in. Even if he finds that the offers he's receiving in FA to be less money and fewer years than he wants, he won't come cheap. And his injury history and substance abuse problems raise major red flags, especially in a town that's known to chew guys up and spit them out if they're not mentally up to it.
    Well here's my take

a) I think most of the substance abuse issues are over with the exception of the alcohol. I think that's an issue that was dealt with by the Rangers though.

b) I think you're assuming that because the Red Sox dumped their large contracts means they won't be willing to spend big any more. I just think they will be more careful when spending and I think Hamilton is a strong investment that will be even stronger when moved to DH because he will be able to focus on hitting more and has less of an injury risk.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

vCash
    I would love using Salty as the center piece to a Morneau deal. The Twins could let Salty get beat up behind the plate and slide Mauer over to 1st full-time.

vCash
    Jen Royle ‏@Jen_Royle
    Second source confirms the Red Sox are interested in Mike Napoli for first base, not catcher.

vCash
    According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, several teams including the Reds, Indians, Rangers and Red Sox may have interest in free agent Shane Victorino.
    The 31-year-old outfielder is coming off of a somewhat disappointing 2012 season in which he hit .255/.321/.383 with 11 homers, 55 RBI and 39 stolen bases. But Victorino has proven to be a plus-defender at all three outfield positions, and is clearly still generating plenty of interest on the open market.

Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Red Sox have "checked in on" Joakim Soria.
    Soria has also drawn interest from the Yankees and Rangers, and the Royals would still like to retain him. Returning from Tommy John surgery, Soria isn't expected to be ready to pitch until late May or June. His agent has indicated that he would be willing to sign as a setup man only if it were with the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Jen Royle ‏@Jen_Royle
    Second source confirms the Red Sox are interested in Mike Napoli for first base, not catcher.
    I think that's what we all assumed

Where would Napoli hit in out lineup currently?

Ellsbury
    Pedoria
    Ortiz
    Napoli/Middlebrooks?
    Napoli/Middlebrooks?

Personally I'd hit him 5th

vCash
    Definitely before Middlebrooks