Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 164 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    SI MLB‏@si_mlb

Mets reportedly gauging trade interest in Dickey http://on.si.com/TNP1ay

we know a litttle something about knuckleball pitching right guys?
    Insane price though, pipe dream

vCash
    Masterson is not a middle of the rotation starter. I'd be iffy on him as a 5th starter. With his splits he's best suited for the pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Masterson is not a middle of the rotation starter. I'd be iffy on him as a 5th starter. With his splits he's best suited for the pen.
    Then go:

Lester
    Buccholz
    Doubront/Lackey
    Doubront/Lackey
    Masterson

Masterson was good in 2011 (216 IP, 12 wins, 3.21 ERA), if we trade for him he'll be starting. Career ERA of 4.17 isn't too bad either.
    Last edited by BostonSports96; 11-08-2012 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    His best use here would be as a #6. Fill in for injuries, the rest of the time long man and sometimes set up guy. That's not worth a lot in terms of specs to us. I hope BC doesn't do something stupid here.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    MLBTR reports sox have reached out to Hiroki Kuroda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    MLBTR reports sox have reached out to Hiroki Kuroda
    Surprised we didn't hear more of that so far. If he's healthy, and we can shell out the bucks, we know he can take the AL East.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Just to fill in the facts:

Napoli has never caught 100 games in his career in one season. The most starts he had was 84 in 2009.

The last 3 years:

The absolute most he'd be asked to catch is 65 games (2/5 of the season). The problem is he is aging, and we don't have a good back-up at 1B, so he he won't catch much here - if at all.
    Ok, I get what you're saying and don't disagree. I just might be an intriguing to have someone who can play multiple infield positions, 1B majority of the time, but once in awhile behind the plate. That could be a great option with someone as young as Lavarnway and would make Salty expendable.

@Choo and Masterson: I'd only do it if it doesn't cost the world. Masterson isn't a reliable middle of the rotation starter. And Choo is only cost controlled for 1 (?) more year

@Anibal Sanchez: Yes! Yes! Yes!

@Kuroda: Nah, don't like the thought of surrendering of a draft pick for him

@Upton: If it was WMB straight up, you do that deal 101 out of 100 times. Upton is on a different level, he was likely at his worst in 2012. But I doubt we are interested in lateral moves, so it must be Middlebrooks AND Upton.

And for the record, I still think Ellsbury is going to be traded. As we know the value diminishes during the season for a FA to be since teams cannot get draft compensated. Look at what greinke got, he was a great mid-season acquisition and could have made a difference in the playoff-picture. Still did not fetch a huge return.
    Last edited by SirHizz; 11-08-2012 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Then go:

Lester
    Buccholz
    Doubront/Lackey
    Doubront/Lackey
    Masterson

Masterson was good in 2011 (216 IP, 12 wins, 3.21 ERA), if we trade for him he'll be starting. Career ERA of 4.17 isn't too bad either.
    2011 was an outlier. Teams just stack their lineups with left handed hitters vs him now, and lefties crush him. He's best suited as a multi inning reliever/occasional spot starter. Like how we used him before we traded him.

vCash
    The Red Sox continue to be disinclined to trade Jacoby Ellsbury and the chances of moving him are slim. GM Ben Cherington is the type to listen on all of his players, however.

Damn

vCash
    The offers probably suck right now, they're not going to tell people if they are dead set on trading him. If they trade him they have to be patient and wait it out. Hope someone panics because they didn't get one of the top tier OF's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Damn
    Wait and bleed. Doesn't make sense to keep him. Chance of him re-signing are slim to none and you would only keep such an asset if you're a clear cut contender, we are not.
    It would basically shock me if they hold onto him. The market is probably gonna speed up as soon as guys like Bourn, Upton and Hamilton have signed.

Don't know, I would really like to know what Texas offered back at the deadline.

vCash
    The last 2 years he has been better than clay, you would be a fool not to take him as your 4th or 5th starter
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Rob Bradford ‏@bradfo
    Source: Sox have 'strong interest' in Kuroda http://www.weei.com//sports/boston/t...nterest-kuroda … via @WEEI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    The last 2 years he has been better than clay, you would be a fool not to take him as your 4th or 5th starter
    You mean in 2011 he was better than Clay because of his outlier season. that's like saying the last two years Ellsbury has been better than Hamilton. Masterson has been exploited as a guy you stack lefties against. He doesn't have a pitch that is effective vs lefties. The Indians aren't looking to trade him because they are incompetent. He's a fringe starter best suited as a multi inning reliever, where he would be very good. He's very good vs righties, if you match him up vs them he would dominate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    But Masterson's '12 is worse then either of Buchholz's seasons.