Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 164 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    vCash
    No sense splashing money and excess years on Napoli or Hamilton. Neither will make us a ws contender next year. If we spend it should be on pitching

vCash

Michael Young 2012?

Pretty simple I'm thinking maybe Michael Young. He is out of place in Texas now and I was thinking at SS and if you guys don't think he could Still play short at a productive level than never mind. I just like his style and it would be a plus if we could include Lackey? Especially if the Rangers miss out on Grienke. Plus Lackey is a Texas guy and they maybe could get more out if him than a team who is openly against him and a fan base that's out for his head.

vCash
    You should've posted this in the what to do in 2013 thread. And Young is pretty awful. He's always been overrated compared to his actual production and now he's just bad.

vCash
    No.

vCash
    He can't field any INF position, at all. He's a below average player getting paid $16M a year.

No

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    From another thread: SF never commits to Belt, and they need offensive help. Ellsbury in a package for Lincecum and Belt could be a huge move for our organization

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    No sense splashing money and excess years on Napoli or Hamilton. Neither will make us a ws contender next year. If we spend it should be on pitching
    1) is 4 yrs excessive?
    2) in reference to spending on pitching, there is only 1 spot up open in the rotation, should that be our only area to address?
    3) if the sox dont acquire elite talent via free agency, when do you expect them to contend for a ws. are you counting on bogarts to be 1.000 ops shortstop or Barnes and Webster to be true 1's
    4)so we should should forget about putting a competiive team on the field for 2013 and pray that our prospects develop and maybe just maybe the sox will put a .500 team on the field in 2014.

vCash
    Okay. I meant 2013 in the title my bad. And yeah is he that awful my bad it sounds good when i heard it but I also had reservations about his actual Value and ability to play short. On another note what do you guys think about SS next year. Iglesias can't hit and I know you guys are gonna murder me for this but I'm not a fan of Xander Bogaerts either i don't believe they are the solution. And I'm sorry indent post this in the right place I'm working on that man. Any 2013 questions go in the what to do page I got ya. You can move it if you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan-Sox15! View Post
    Okay. I meant 2013 in the title my bad. And yeah is he that awful my bad it sounds good when i heard it but I also had reservations about his actual Value and ability to play short. On another note what do you guys think about SS next year. Iglesias can't hit and I know you guys are gonna murder me for this but I'm not a fan of Xander Bogaerts either i don't believe they are the solution. And I'm sorry indent post this in the right place I'm working on that man. Any 2013 questions go in the what to do page I got ya. You can move it if you want.
    Yeah Young being some great player is a pretty big misconception. Bogaerts i love but hes not a solution for SS anyway. Idk what we do but the two people i see being our SS next year are Andrus or Iglesias, even though im not on the iglesias train at all.

vCash
    Just how much money do we have to spend, anyone know? We currently have $45.6 million committed to five players, we'll spend roughly $30 million through the arbitration process on another 10 players. That leaves us with 10 roster spots to fill and very roughly, $100 million or so in yearly salary to work with and still be under the luxury tax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Yeah Young being some great player is a pretty big misconception. Bogaerts i love but hes not a solution for SS anyway. Idk what we do but the two people i see being our SS next year are Andrus or Iglesias, even though im not on the iglesias train at all.
    Unless they end up aquiring some more offense at a couple of more positions, I have a hard time seeing them break camp with Iglesias as the starting SS.

They can handle one weak link in the chain if they address other offensive needs via other positions, but if not, I think the merry-go round of SS keeps on going.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by win red sox View Post
    1) is 4 yrs excessive?
    2) in reference to spending on pitching, there is only 1 spot up open in the rotation, should that be our only area to address?
    3) if the sox dont acquire elite talent via free agency, when do you expect them to contend for a ws. are you counting on bogarts to be 1.000 ops shortstop or Barnes and Webster to be true 1's
    4)so we should should forget about putting a competiive team on the field for 2013 and pray that our prospects develop and maybe just maybe the sox will put a .500 team on the field in 2014.
    Alright buddy. Lets see.

Yes. Four years is excessive for a player like mike Napoli who has been fairly average save for a few anomaly years. I don't want Hamilton anywhere near Boston...ever. Always hurt and a fading fielder. Lets just remember the drug issues. Forget it.

2. Why do we assume we only have one open spot? Bucholz is trade bait as he should be. Lackey IMO is not dead set for that fifth starter. If he doesn't earn it in spring training we set a bad precedent starting a guy just bc of his contract. I get the "boost his trade value " theory but I want to see him earn that spot.as far as I'm concerned by cementing places to under performing stars is not the root to being competitive.

3. The game is changing. We should focus on growing talent and acquiring talent thru surplus. Free agents shouldn't be relied on. Ben said himself that by getting away from our development model that's how we got into this mess. We are two years away from contending. By making smart trades thru surplus and only signing adequate pieces we will contend. There is no route to a World Series on the open market. Not in the near future.

4. If this year taught us anything it's that we should t buy our success. There is only one nyy. We can compete by being smart and I'm willing to be patient because I've seen the sox bad before. I'm not going to make reactionary fa moves just because I can. That's how this all happened in the first place.

So there. No I expect us to compete by being intelligent. By signing the bill muellers, the Millars, the discarded Ortiz, and trading for the Orlando Cabrera. That's how we win.

Good luck in buying all the prime tale t. You probably think we should trade for arod too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    From another thread: SF never commits to Belt, and they need offensive help. Ellsbury in a package for Lincecum and Belt could be a huge move for our organization
    is belt good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    is belt good
    He hit .275 with 7 HRs and 56 RBIs. I don't think he's that great but he's still only 24.

vCash
    Ewwwwwwwwww