Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 134 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2459
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Barnes is very overrated right now, mostly because of what he did in Greenville, a place he should have dominated. He has a plus fastball, a good curve, though curves can be deceiving in the low minors since so many players chase them, and a bleh changeup. He needs good control over his curve, the changeup needs to improve significantly, and he needs another pitch to be a frontline starter. I like his pitching mechanics for durability, but I'm no expert.

I'd take Webster over him easily. Webster is the same age, has pitched significantly less (he didn't pitch in high school) and is more advanced, already has a really good fastball/sinker, changeup, and slider. Some control/consistency issues, but he has not pitched for that long. As of right now he has a higher ceiling than Barnes in my opinion.
    I like webster as well a bit more than Barnes. Im not saying Barnes is bad, because he isn't but he needs to do it in AA, especially coming out of college.

JBJ is a solid bet to be productive because he walks and plays great defense.

I really think he is going to turn into a .280 avg hitter with a .360 OBP 10-15 HRs, and a UZR of at least 6, which to me sounds like a 3-5 WAR player which would be great.

Bogaerts is the one who really has a chance to be special offensively
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    yah or ney for myers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    yah or ney for myers?
    Brett Myers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    yah or ney for myers?
    Yay if we don't have a shot at Stanton. It's one or the other imo.

vCash
    I rather not trade JBJ, Barnes, Bogaerts, Iglesias, Webster, and Brentz for Stanton.

I mean if were going to trade those guys I rather trade Bogaerts, Kalish, and Iglesias for Justin Upton

Trade Brentz and Webster for Asdrubal Cabrera

Trade JBJ and Barnes for say Brett Anderson

You get the idea, putting all our eggs in one basket just isn't smart from a value perspective at all
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I rather not trade JBJ, Barnes, Bogaerts, Iglesias, Webster, and Brentz for Stanton.

I mean if were going to trade those guys I rather trade Bogaerts, Kalish, and Iglesias for Justin Upton

Trade Brentz and Webster for Asdrubal Cabrera

Trade JBJ and Barnes for say Brett Anderson

You get the idea, putting all our eggs in one basket just isn't smart from a value perspective at all
    You don't think my package would fly? It only includes Bogaerts and Iglesias out of the 6 you named. Depends on if we can find a 3rd team willing to give up prospects the Marlins want and include some of our own, all we have to do is give up Lavarnway, Doubront (who I'm down on going forward) and Ellsbury who's as good as gone anyway. Then include a few of our prospects like Iglesias and Cecchini/Gomez.

7. 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM
    Reason
    double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    People who think JBJr is a better prospect than XB are crazy. They both may be great players or both could bust....but JBJr dominated high A at an old age. He batted like .270 in AA. XB dominated high A at an extremely young age....and performed very well at AA in a short stint besides his K to BB ratio. JBJr is 3 yrs older than XB....XB is an advanced hitter for his age thus far
    There's more to the game than offense. JBJr is a superior CF defender. XB is a player without a position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    There's more to the game than offense. JBJr is a superior CF defender. XB is a player without a position.
    I don't get it. Bogaerts has a position. It's SS.

vCash
    The Myers stuff deserves its own thread. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=782932

vCash
    I would only do the deal if we already have a SP we are going to 100% going to get(FA or trade). I don't want us to go after someone and not get him. We need someone who can take that spot right away.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Why not acquire Myers and use him as a center piece to land Stanton?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMP83 View Post
    I don't get it. Bogaerts has a position. It's SS.
    Not one scouting report on his believes he'll be a SS in the Majors. It's 3B and failing that LF.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    XB plays SS and can possibly move to 3B or the OF. Miguel Cabrera had no true position moving from OF to 1B to 3B ....... coco crisp was a superior center fielder who could bat .275.....who would you rather have?
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustofer1 View Post
    I agree it's all about speculation and possibilities here in the forum. The numbers are there only to provide insight as to the potential talents we have. Winning now however takes precedence to the future, and I think Stanton makes us so much better now that the "future" should be something we address when it gets to that point. Now prepare for a lot of "if's".

If we sign Napoli
    If we don't have to give up more than two of Lavarnway/JBJ/XB/WMB
    If Lester can be our ace for 2 more years
    If we can convince a third team to get involved
    and the biggest: If Stanton is truly available

we should go get him. Here's my proposal;

BOS -> third team
    Ellsbury, Aceves/Bard and Lavarnway, cash ~($3M-$5M) if necessary

BOS -> Marlins
    XB, Doubront, Swihart/Cecchini, Sweeney and Iglesias

third team gives up say 2 of their top 10 prospects

we get Stanton and take on Nolasco.

Also take into account the draft picks that could be favorable for Miami to acquire considering their ability to scout talent. Considering all the prerequisites are met, the possibility of a trade like this look more optimistic imo.
    Sweeney is liable to be non tendered - I.E. he's a very minor part of this if at all.

I'd like to deal Aceves for the right return, not Bard as his value is small compared to his potential.

Swihart is somebody we might want to hold on to, in particular if you are fixing to deal Lavarnway.

Cecchini is moveable unless XB and WMB are both dealt in this.

Alex Gordon might cost us 30-35% as much as Stanton, and could be a wiser choice - I.E. get a good player w/o nuking the farm.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Not one scouting report on his believes he'll be a SS in the Majors. It's 3B and failing that LF.
    Really? Because I just listened to a podcast with Jim Callis of BA that implied Bogaerts can make it to the show as a SS and stick there for a few years. And I believe Law has made similar remarks.