Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 164 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I can't do anything right

vCash

vCash
    I may be wrong but I don't think Xander Bogaerts is gonna be anything special. I say trade him and a pitcher or 2 for Tulowitski if everyone thinks Bogaerts is so great. Would that be an acceptable return for you guys than Tulo would be a stud guaranteed who knows what Bogaerts will do.

vCash
    Wow, I came to this thread to have a discussion about a possible deal with Kansas City, thinking our two teams might match up for something. And then I see...that....whatever that is.

Listen, their owner said they were only one or two mid-rotation starters away from competing in the Division. What about Doubront and a prospect for Wil Myers? I don't know if that's even possible, but Doubront is young, left-handed, cost-controlled, and throws hard, and if we don't keep them ourselves I'd hope for a big return for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan-Sox15! View Post
    I'm thinking a trade with a small market team like Kansas City is the best way to fix the Sox. They have talent at spots and lets face it they won't have the cash to resign them when their contracts run out why not take advantage of a bigger market team looking to rebuild.
    I'm thinking a trade that looks like this

Boston Gets:
    1B- Billy Butler(solves their 1B problem)
    LF- Alex Gordon( solves their OF problem)
    P- Joakim Soria (depth to the bullpen, a setup man for Bailey)

Kansas City Gets:
    P- Daniel Bard (before he loses all value, and would be cheap for Kansas City and they can use him to be the closer or put him in the rotation)
    INF- Garin Cecchini
    SS- Xander Bogaerts (as good as they think he will be do you honestly ever see this kid playing SS for the Sox on a regular basis)
    OF- Ryan Kalish( would be better for a team like the royals than or the Sox)
    P- Alfredo Aceves( cheap and face it he needs to be out of Boston he intentionally tanked towards the end I think because he was upset with his role)
    OF- Brandon Jacobs(decent spec., pure speculation and with Brentz and hopefully resigning Ellsbury I no more than 16 a yr where does he fit)(also Jackie Bradley Jr coming up.)
    P- Chris Carpenter
    P- Zach Stewart (get something out of that horrible Youkilis Trade)
    C- Blake Swihart( with Salty playing his best ball now and Lavarnway in the wings where does this kid fit)

Obviously this won't be a 9 for 3 player trade as that would be a big one but I would love to have all 3 of those guys and your gonna have to pay big for Butler with him being young and a power hitter.

So the break down would be:
    Bogaerts
    Cecchini
    Bard
    Jacobs

FOR
    Billy Butler

Kalish
    Swihart
    Aceves

FOR
    Alex Gordan

And than

Carpenter
    Stewart

FOR
    Joakim Soria

Question 1 would you do a trade for those 3 from KC
    Question 2 who would you trade for them/ did I give up too much or not enough
    Question 3 do you think this would fix the Sox

Envision:

Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Butler 1B
    Ortiz DH
    Ross RF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Gordan LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Iglesias SS

Than Sign Peavy to a 3yr deal

1. Lester
    2. Peavy
    3. Buchholz
    4. Lackey
    5. Doubront

SU. Soria
    CL. Bailey

Looks good to me maybe sign either Broxton or Francisco Rodriguez for more bullpen help

Lets hear what ya think sorry this was so long I have just been pondering on this since The August Trade.

I don't see this as anything realistic from either side. You're looking at this as more of a one-sided trade from the Sox standpoint correct? If I'm KC, I don't do the deal.

Contrary to popular belief, I doubt the Royals are too eager to deal away the 2 faces of their franchise.

They have a really good nucleus of young talent, and a pipeline of younger talent on the way.

There was a time that a few of us older guys, I'm sure Bagwell can attest to, remember when going into KC was a pretty tough trip. They were a great franchise throughout most of the 80's, and I'm sure it's their goal to return there.

Dealing two of their key, if not best players, for a fistful of prospects, a nutcase, and a possible mental blocked pitcher when they have a pretty good farm system, and an owner who on the surface, is seemingly willing to spend, to maybe add some help to try and have them compete as soon as next year, just doesn't add up if I'm KC.

If I'm the Sox, why trade all those guys at the dead-line, gain some salary relief, and then deal away alot of the top tier talent on the way to the big club, as soon as next season possibly?

The Sox directional philosophy seems to want to get back to what helped make them successful....having a stream of young talent coming to the big leagues, paired with the ability to add via trades or FA's.........

vCash
    Listen, if theres any way to get Wil Myers that doesnt include the killer B's im down. I just don't see KC trading him.

vCash
    Who knows. KC isn't a competent organization. Maybe they would do Buchholz for Myers.

As for Xander, he should be the most untradeable player in the entire organization. Trading him for anything but a top 5ish starting pitcher is asinine

vCash
    Okay we'll you guys have all considered what ever idea I had completely ridiculous but apparently you were to busy to realize that I asked what you would do. So lets hear the brilliant ideas that you all have to fix the abysmal roster that the Sox currently have. And if it starts with not signing Ortiz that's dumb. He is worth every penny on the field and off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I would rather chop my own dick off, throw it in a blender, mix it up with some bleach, and chug it down. Honestly, that's probably a better idea.
    Is this the new recipe for a Bushwacker?

vCash
    Okay we'll you guys have all considered what ever idea I had completely ridiculous but apparently you were to busy to realize that I asked what you would do. So lets hear the brilliant ideas that you all have to fix the abysmal roster that the Sox currently have. And if it starts with not signing Ortiz that's dumb. He is worth every penny on the field and off.
    Well, after reading through your post, I don't see where you asked what we would do, but rather asking more for opinions.

I don't believe your idea to be ridiculous, rather unrealistic, at this juncture for either team.

A common mistake that is made quite often, is that a fan of a certain team, will usually tend to over value the talent on their team, and under mind the talent on another. ( I'm not saying that you made that here, it's just an observation on my part)

As far as signing or not re-signing Ortiz, I believe most look at it through rose colored glasses. From a business standpoint, I guess it could be viewed in a myriad of ways.

1. What kind of blow back will there be if they don't re-sign their beloved Papi?

2. Is he worth the money we are going to pay him?

Personally, I don't really care if they bring him back or not. I've stated before, I've watched plenty of great players come and go for many years, and Ortiz will be no different.

vCash
    Sullivan, you decimated our farm and rotation for a DH, LF and an injured closer. How do you expect us to react? That trade comes close to yankeekiller territory. Are you guys related?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Well now im just hungry. Thanks a lot.
    Jesus!!!!!!!

I may be wrong but I don't think Xander Bogaerts is gonna be anything special. I say trade him and a pitcher or 2 for Tulowitski if everyone thinks Bogaerts is so great. Would that be an acceptable return for you guys than Tulo would be a stud guaranteed who knows what Bogaerts will do.
    Unreal

I would trade Sullivan-Sox15! to the mlbtr forum for an asprin

Your giving me a head ache

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Sullivan, you decimated our farm and rotation for a DH, LF and an injured closer. How do you expect us to react? That trade comes close to yankeekiller territory. Are you guys related?
    A really old injured closer

vCash
    I hear everything you guys are saying an that's cool you guys have been on here awhile and know how this stuff goes. I read this stuff a lot just decided to join to see some of my own topics involved I guess the question I should have asked is what would you guys do to make this team better without killing the farm system and giving out crazy money while also staying in the realm of possibility

vCash
    letting the kids develop while making calculated decisions when it comes to trades and FAs

For instance trading Clay, Bard, Kalish, and Aviles to the D-Backs for Justin Upton, than signing anibal Sanchez to a 4 year deal or so to replace clay.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all