Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 164 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Boston.CBS

Report: John Henry Selling Minority Stake Of Fenway Sports Group

This time, Charlie Gasparino and Matt Egan report, “Henry is seeking a minority owner for the Fenway Sports Group, the holding company that owns the Red Sox.”

“The current thinking, executives say, is that Henry is entertaining the idea of selling a minority stake, or what’s known as a ‘limited partnership,’ in the holding company that he controls,” Gasparino and Egan reported.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Since we're talking NL, why not try and trade him to the Cubs? Theo knows what he has and may want him in that rotation.

BOS trade Buchholz, Ellsbury, Kallish and Iglesias

CHC Castro and Rizzo

I would be interested in that trade. not sure if anyone else would be though. Doubt Theo trades Starlin after just extending him.

wow, you guys have a distorted view of the value of your players....Kalish and Iglesias pretty much have no value and havnet really proven anything. Ellsbury is injury prone and only has one year left on his contract, and Buchholz has only had one solid season in his career....so why in the world would the Cubs trade their two top young players one of which is a proven SS and the other showed great progress with power for your scraps? That is like a ridiculous video game trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    wow, you guys have a distorted view of the value of your players....
    Relax with the trolling.

Kalish and Iglesias pretty much have no value and havnet really proven anything. Ellsbury is injury prone and only has one year left on his contract, and Buchholz has only had one solid season in his career....so why in the world would the Cubs trade their two top young players one of which is a proven SS and the other showed great progress with power for your scraps? That is like a ridiculous video game trade
    Yeah Ellsbury and Buchholz wouldnt make Chicago a competitive team so idk why they would trade their youth for them.

Rizzo could be replaced by vogelbach eventually, but i doubt they would trade a recently extended long term SS solution.

Really just makes little sense for chicago at this point to trade either.

vCash
    kind of off topic
    Pete Abraham‏@PeteAbe
    At the rate Swisher is going, #RedSox can get him for one of those $3 million make good Cody Ross deals.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    wow, you guys have a distorted view of the value of your players....Kalish and Iglesias pretty much have no value and havnet really proven anything. Ellsbury is injury prone and only has one year left on his contract, and Buchholz has only had one solid season in his career....so why in the world would the Cubs trade their two top young players one of which is a proven SS and the other showed great progress with power for your scraps? That is like a ridiculous video game trade
    I agree. Red Sox fans like most fans overrate their players. This deal as proposed has no shot of going through.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    The reason I listed duobront is because he fell off pretty bad this year and is a fairly young arm we could probably get good value for.

I wonder what kind of value we could get for ellesbury this offseason...
    Duobront fell off pretty bad? He had a bad stretch of 6 out 7 games that were not that great, but finished off with 4 strong starts. A lefty that's 24 and didn't get blown up in the AL East? Yeah - what a bum.

Buchholz was about as good first 36 starts stretched over 3 years - should have traded that piece of junk too eh?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Duobront fell off pretty bad? He had a bad stretch of 6 out 7 games that were not that great, but finished off with 4 strong starts. A lefty that's 24 and didn't get blown up in the AL East? Yeah - what a bum.

Buchholz was about as good first 36 starts stretched over 3 years - should have traded that piece of junk too eh?
    Spot on, Bags. Way too early to give up on Douby. No way we are getting fair return since his stats read worse than he actually pitched. Until some point in June (?), he happened to be our best starter. And then there was the rough stretch you were talking about.

Douby reminds me a bit of the early Lester. Really tough to hit, but wild and therefore unable to last long into games. Don't think Felix' control is all that bad, he just doesn't attack the zone enough. Of course there is a chance he never gets completely over the hump (ceiling IMO a #2 starter), but it's definitely worth to hold onto him.

vCash
    Hence trade value no?

vCash
    Let's also not forget that (I think) that this season, Doubront pitched the most innings of his career. Is it any wonder that he may have had some stretches late in the season where he was tired?

Give him another year or two to build him his endurance and he'll be fine in this regard.

vCash
    Doubront is not a trade candidate IMO nothing we can get would give equal value back and hes the type of guy we need anyway.

vCash
    The point of trading Buchholz is a team overvaluing him because of his stuff and his contract enables you to trade him to any team. He also pitched well after April. Red Sox fans definitely overrate him, which is why they scoff at trading him. I don't think he will be more than a 3-4 pitcher. He has durability issues and he has the type of frame you worry about holding up once he gets older. He's only 6 months younger than Lester, I feel people think he is younger than he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Let's also not forget that (I think) that this season, Doubront pitched the most innings of his career. Is it any wonder that he may have had some stretches late in the season where he was tired?

Give him another year or two to build him his endurance and he'll be fine in this regard.
    I started my response with that angle but figured it was too abstruse... good job bringing it out.

Lester and Duobront should not be dealt - unless the offer is very high.

Buchholz should be dealt - if the offer is good or better.

vCash
    I started my response with that angle but figured it was too abstruse... good job bringing it out.

Lester and Duobront should not be dealt - unless the offer is very high.

Buchholz should be dealt - if the offer is good or better.
    Whats hard to understand about building endurance? Anyway, i feel the same way about that in a sense that he wont hit the wall like he did in late June this year. Hopefully he can go 180 IP next year at least.

Either way, hes still going to have to command his FB better. His # of pitches per inning is too high even in the first couple innings. Whether thats more of a command problem or him just trying to bite the corners of the zone, i dont know, but he does have to be a bit more efficient to make it past the 6th more than twice a season.

vCash
    I know he has a huge contract and major inure issues, but if we could get Mauer for virtually nothing while taking on the whole contract (or some specs while making Minnesota eat half the money), would anybody be interested?

He's a better defensive catcher than Salty/Lavarnway and can play some 1B for us.

Just food for thought.

vCash
    I highly doubt Minnesota would eat half his salary, Mauer is still a very valuable player.

Page 11 of 164 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast