Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 164 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2459
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Upton pretty much out, though I figured as much
    Playing hard to get...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Meh, I think he ends up being traded to Texas or Tampa.

vCash
    He'd be a great pickup for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by youkilisallstar View Post
    He'd be a great pickup for the team.
    Depends on what we'd have to give up.

vCash
    Trading for Choo and Cabrera is a move I could see us doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Trading for Choo and Cabrera is a move I could see us doing.
    It was being discussed here about 12 days ago. The Choo part is easier. Cabrera is going to be harder. Kalish, Iglesias, PTBNL (Marrero), Rubby, Bard is about the starting point for those guys.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I just dont see Choo as a fit.

1) He's going to get a big contract

2) He is a one year guy who we'd be giving up prospects for

3) He's best off as a platoon OF

4) He's on the wrong side of 30 and were a team in rebuild-ish mode

I'd like Cabrera though. He's average at SS and above average offensively. He'd be helped by playing more games in the AL East parks too. Cleveland, KC, and Detroit all have pitchers' parks. It's just his price that scares me.

There's no payroll to eat either as part of a deal. Perez or Ubaldo are the only ones i could think of but i think they still have positive trade value so they wouldnt help our cause.
    Last edited by Nomar; 11-18-2012 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    I hope we don't get him. The asking price would probably be huge, and I read an article (can't remember where) that said he has made the most errors at SS in the league in the past 2 years. He is also a very streaky hitter with a career .279 BA, not worth the asking price.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I wouldn't even do one year for Hamilton, what's the point of losing a pick for that? Same goes for Kuroda.
    I hope that was a joke cause you ussually make sense. When he left next year you'd just get a pick and probably a 1st rounder. But even if we didn't he would make this team so much better even if it was for just a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post

I'd like Cabrera though. He's average at SS and above average offensively. He'd be helped by playing more games in the AL East parks too. Cleveland, KC, and Detroit all have pitchers' parks. It's just his price that scares me.

There's no payroll to eat either as part of a deal. Perez or Ubaldo are the only ones i could think of but i think they still have positive trade value so they wouldnt help our cause.
    I'm not big on Choo either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post

There is no way we can or want to sign only guys that are going to be useful in 2015 and beyond. Napoli comes to mind at once. So does LaRoche, Ortiz, and Ross. Choo would be fine here for a year for the right price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I hope we don't get him. The asking price would probably be huge, and I read an article (can't remember where) that said he has made the most errors at SS in the league in the past 2 years. He is also a very streaky hitter with a career .279 BA, not worth the asking price.
    Park adjusted Cabrera has these slashes the last two years:

.287/.348/.484 - All Star
    .286/.355/.446 - All Star

He's average 95 RC the past two years - that's very good.

He's an average to ever so slightly below average fielder.

He could bat on top or the bottom of the line-up. Important if we deal Ellsbury and get a meh CF to play this year for instance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

He could bat on top or the bottom of the line-up. Important if we deal Ellsbury and get a meh CF to play this year for instance.
    dWAR and career UZRs suggest hes average to slightly above average. I guess you could go slightly below taking this year alone as a sample though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Does that include his whole career? He's increased the number of errors he makes almost every year and leads SS errors the past 2 seasons.

I just don;t think he's worth the price.

vCash
    New idea: trade Buccholz, De La Rosa/Webster, Salty and Brentz to KC for Alex Gordon and Billy Butler.

Butler (1B/DH) is 26, signed for 3 more years and hit .313 BA 29 HR 107 RBI last season

Gordon (gold glove LF/maybe RF) will be 29, signed for 4 more years and hit .294 BA 14 HR 73 RBI last year

They want a pitcher for both players, and our sweetener would be Salty (catching depth/DH replacement for Butler) or Brentz to replace Gordon

1. L Ellbury CF
    2. R Pedroia 2B
    3. L Ortiz DH
    4. R Butler 1B
    5. R Middlebrooks 3B
    6. L Gordon LF/RF
    7. ???????
    8. R Lavarnway/Ross C
    9. R Ciriaco/Iglesias SS

We could go with a Kalish/Sands tandem in LF, or we could sign someone (Victorino?) that isn't Jason Bay.

And was against handing Sanchez 6 years $90 mill, but if we trade Buccholz and Webster/DLR, I'd definitely be open to it. We need to sign another starter too (Haren?).

L Lester
    R Sanchez
    R Haren
    L Doubront
    R Lackey
    Last edited by BostonSports96; 11-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.