Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    White has talked about being drugged to fly and that has left him groggy for hours afterwards. Plus, there is the anxiety that sets in beforehand.

The Rockets need a long-term plan to accomodate him now, but work on his anxiety issues so that it won't affect the team down the line. Right now, they have the leeway with a young roster and their sights aimed at a lottery pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    i dealt with the same fear for a long time

its a tough issue but not something that a few sleeping pills doesnt cure

he wont have a long nba career unless he beats this
    Oh nonsense. A few sleeping pills cure everything.

vCash
    man up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    i dealt with the same fear for a long time

its a tough issue but not something that a few sleeping pills doesnt cure

he wont have a long nba career unless he beats this
    Nope.

If it was as simple as that, this wouldn't even be a story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    Wow dude take a ****ing xanax and suck it up...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvb815 View Post
    this

smoke a blunt and pretend your on a boat, people can conquer fears
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Isn't this why they prescribe xanax? Take the drugs! a bus wont work.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK4L View Post
    man up!
    You guys are clueless. It's a psychological disorder. It's not just a fear of flying, it's clinically diagnosed anxiety.
    Last edited by Corey; 10-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nope.

You guys are clueless. It's a psychological disorder. It's not just a fear of flying, it's clinically diagnosed anxiety.
    I've had panic attacks since I was 8 and been on and off benzos since 12 but I'm clueless about anxiety issues... Panic attacks suck, they're crippling and terrifying, but it's even more crippling to spend your life avoiding situations that give you anxiety. There's a difference between dealing with your anxiety issues and letting them rule your life, guess which one white is doing. You know what I do if I'm gonna fly somewhere? I go to the doctor and get enough valium or xanax to get me there and back. You know what I do if I'm groggy when I get there? I drink a cup of coffee or a monster.

Anxiety issues suck, but it's something the person with the disorder has to deal with, not something the world has to accommodate.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    I've had panic attacks since I was 8 and been on and off benzos since 12 but I'm clueless about anxiety issues... Panic attacks suck, they're crippling and terrifying, but it's even more crippling to spend your life avoiding situations that give you anxiety. There's a difference between dealing with your anxiety issues and letting them rule your life, guess which one white is doing. You know what I do if I'm gonna fly somewhere? I go to the doctor and get enough valium or xanax to get me there and back. You know what I do if I'm groggy when I get there? I drink a cup of coffee or a monster.

Anxiety issues suck, but it's something the person with the disorder has to deal with, not something the world has to accommodate.
    I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say that you are not a professional athlete. Nor are you likely the size of Royce White meaning you probably don't need as much valium as he does. Nor are you likely traveling as often as White who isn't going to want to get addicted to sedatives. Nor, do you know his specific reactions to drugs as they vary by person.

vCash
    I just don't see him lasting in the NBA unless he winds up being absolutely amazing. I just can't see teams willing to deal with this if he is only a role player. I mean you have to think he is going to be missing games and shoot arounds at some point. He will end up being unreliable.

That being said I am completely supportive of him and hope he is able to find a solution but the odds are definitely stacked against him.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    So when the Rockets face the Raptors in Toronto. We probably shouldn't expect him to come should we.

vCash
    I know a lot of people with anxiety and are nothing like this, he must have a very heavy case.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Well, at least he is trying to get past his anxiety and fears I guess. I hope it works out for the kid. Can't imagine being that worked up over anything, but that is me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

If you think he can ''take a pill and suck it up'', then yes...you are clueless.

vCash
    A lot of ignorant people in this thread but I'm not surprised. It's not about "sucking it up" or "taking a few sleeping pills".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nope.

if you don't think fears can be conquered then you're either really beta or just lack motivation to better yourself

my friend has been deathly scared of spiders all his life, when he was 22 he went to the pet store and asked if he could hold a tarantula

that didn't work, but he admitted it was progress

it's all about convincing yourself otherwise

tell me it's not the same, i'm off today i could argue about it all night
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

vCash
    I think the reason that Royce White is afraid of flying is he is scared that the plane will crash and he will die.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    White has talked about being drugged to fly and that has left him groggy for hours afterwards. Plus, there is the anxiety that sets in beforehand.

The Rockets need a long-term plan to accomodate him now, but work on his anxiety issues so that it won't affect the team down the line. Right now, they have the leeway with a young roster and their sights aimed at a lottery pick.
    Or play him in home games and games in "the area" only? 50 games a year?

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast