Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chone Figgins Wants Out Of Seattle

Three quarters of the way through a disappointing four-year contract, Chone Figgins wants out of Seattle. The 34-year-old utility player told John Hickey of SportsPressNW.com that he’d prefer not to play for the Mariners any longer (Twitter link).

"I can't take two more years of this," Figgins said.

Figgins' four-year, $36MM contract includes an $8MM salary in 2013 and a $9MM vesting option for 2014. He appeared in 66 games this year, posting a .181/.262/.271 batting line in 194 plate appearances. Figgins played third base and all three outfield positions, but appeared in Just four games from September on.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...f-seattle.html

Is this guy for real??

I think i can safely say we all wanted you gone after year one.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    shocking

vCash
    one of the worst signings ever.

i like GMZ but it is on him. he put the pursuit of a MOTO on the back burner bat for a small ball and defense. ill admit, like probably many of us, we were sippin the GMZ koolaid and thought he and ichiro could be dynamic and we could have a strong offense without maybe a 30hr type guy. LESSON LEARNED.

he says "i cant take 2 more years of this" ?????......he has been a major contributor to losing. if we can find someone to pay half his salary, BYE!!

vCash
    "I can't take two more years of this,"
    this is the LOL kicker for me. like he thinks there is a chance any team will let that option vest.

vCash
    GTFO then.

vCash
    Figgy... You are so smart. Please leave.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    It was a great signing at the time. He was a 6.9 WAR player in his walk year. Nearly double the total of any other Angle.

He just completely lost it and nobody can figure out why.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    It was a great signing at the time. He was a 6.9 WAR player in his walk year. Nearly double the total of any other Angle.

He just completely lost it and nobody can figure out why.
    Age and it turns out the rumblings about him being a bad team mate were probably true from Angel scouts i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    one of the worst signings ever.

i like GMZ but it is on him. he put the pursuit of a MOTO on the back burner bat for a small ball and defense. ill admit, like probably many of us, we were sippin the GMZ koolaid and thought he and ichiro could be dynamic and we could have a strong offense without maybe a 30hr type guy. LESSON LEARNED.

he says "i cant take 2 more years of this" ?????......he has been a major contributor to losing. if we can find someone to pay half his salary, BYE!!
    We all were happy with the signing at the time because as Ian pointed out he was a good player we should of known better though since he was 31 his bat speed had started to slow down and so did his speed.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 10-04-2012 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Honestly, I don't think you can really put this on Z. No one saw this sudden decline coming.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Age and it turns out the rumblings about him being a bad team mate were probably true from Angel scouts i think.

We all were happy with the signing at the time because as Ian pointed out he was a good player we should of known better though since he was 31 his bat speed had started to slow down and so did his speed.
    Was the bat speed and speed slow down noted anywhere before we signed him?
    I'm In.

vCash
    What a douche.

We cant take two more years of you sitting on your *** collecting unearned money. GTFO then Chone (pronounced with the CH just to piss him off).

vCash
    PED's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Was the bat speed and speed slow down noted anywhere before we signed him?
    No the bat speed wasn't noticeable but we should of known his speed was going to drop off when he is already in his 30's.

Although i do kind of wonder was his bat speed just not noticed because of the lineup he was in? He got to take a lot of walks because of the protection he had in LA.

Not blaming Z at all for this one i was very excited about the signing and so was everyone nationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    No the bat speed wasn't noticeable but we should of known his speed was going to drop off when he is already in his 30's.
    If that's the case then teams shouldn't sign any free agents over 30.
    I'm In.

vCash
    if he wants out so bad he should pull what that japanese SS did quit and give up the money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast