Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3583 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25833083348335333573358135823583358435853593363336834083 ... LastLast
Results 53,731 to 53,745 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Lost cause. I just don't see it happening. Can't be consistent, can't refrain from making stupid decisions on the ice. He's seemed to have lost favor with the front office, who weren't responsible for drafting him in the first place. I don't see him ever playing a game in the NHL as a Blackhawk, and perhaps not ever. His NHL career, if he has one, will be reminiscent of Ty Jones.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    At the very least, it could mean Monty hits LTIR. JJ thinks it could be Leddy or Hammer in a package for E. Kane. I heard from a friend at the Hawks it could be Leddy for PK Subban. Much rather, E. Kane of course but I'd gladly take Subban for Leddy.
    I know this was posted a while ago, but I don't see why Montreal would move Subban for Leddy. If they were willing to, I'd jump on that one and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Lost cause. I just don't see it happening. Can't be consistent, can't refrain from making stupid decisions on the ice. He's seemed to have lost favor with the front office, who weren't responsible for drafting him in the first place. I don't see him ever playing a game in the NHL as a Blackhawk, and perhaps not ever. His NHL career, if he has one, will be reminiscent of Ty Jones.
    Very good point and one that I have overlooked until now.

People assume this, but a while back I read an article (I forget where, because it was a few months back) where our GM said he still was expecting big things from Beach. Yes, he makes stupid decisions sometimes, but he was starting to turn a corner before he got hurt. He sounds like he's pretty motivated to prove that he can still be an impact player.

http://thethirdmanin.com/2012/04/19/...th-kyle-beach/

Listen to the audio link. They discuss how he worked his butt off to get back before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    People assume this, but a while back I read an article (I forget where, because it was a few months back) where our GM said he still was expecting big things from Beach. Yes, he makes stupid decisions sometimes, but he was starting to turn a corner before he got hurt. He sounds like he's pretty motivated to prove that he can still be an impact player.

Listen to the audio link. They discuss how he worked his butt off to get back before the end of the season.

I hear where you are coming from but it is really hard to trust anything a GM says. They better be inflating the tires of every prospect...whether it is to make the prospect feel good or to keep his trade value up. No point in putting down one of their own prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I hear where you are coming from but it is really hard to trust anything a GM says. They better be inflating the tires of every prospect...whether it is to make the prospect feel good or to keep his trade value up. No point in putting down one of their own prospects.
    I guess I'm in the minority here in thinking that he still can reach his potential. I think he's close to where he could play 4th line minutes in Chicago soon. I do think that he could develop into a very solid power forward type. I don't think a future 20-goal, 40-point season is out of the question at all, and I think the potential is there to put up an even better season.

I'll admit he's behind, but he seems to embrace that. He also was working on when to get in fights and just playing smarter. The biggest thing is that he's not down on himself. He believes he can be a big-time player and is determined to show the team that he can be that player that they thought he'd become when they (Tallon and co.) drafted him.

Also, I don't think that Bowman is just "inflating the tires" on Beach. I think he believes that Beach has a lot of talent and can still be a very productive player in the NHL someday.

Sunday at 3:00... hmmm...
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

do it mikey! you haven't met the GF yet anyway, haha.

if you decide you might go,text me and i'll look up exactly where my seats are

ACTIVE ROSTER:

http://www.icehogs.com/team/players/

Notables: Beach, Kruger, Hayes, Bollig, Morin, Saad, Smith, Shaw, Pirri, Olsen, Leddy

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post

This was tweeted tonight by Tim Sassone. Yea, I know, take it for what it's worth coming from him. But concerning Beach...

Fair enough. RT @KWMettler: @TimSassone thanks..... But the Bowman's they don't like Beach Is that a correct assumption??

2 goals tonight for Morin in a 5-3 loss to the Wolves. One came on the powerplay. Nice start to the season for Jeremy.

2 goals tonight for Morin in a 5-3 loss to the Wolves. One came on the powerplay. Nice start to the season for Jeremy.
    agreed. he looked good yesterday.

the team as a whole, on the other hand.......

Dylan Olsen - Your Opinion

Dylan Olsen is actually one of my favorite prospects on the Blackhawks right now. However, I do not believe that he should play in the NHL for atleast another year (there are others that disagree, which is fine).

Olsen has the size and snarl that the Blackhawks need. His foot speed is what is killing him right now.

I thought he played pretty well in the first half of his games at the NHL level last year...and then teams started to beat him wide with regularity.

Definitely a guy that I think can slot into a #4/5 spot (more likely 5) but that is probably going to be a spot that the Blackhawks need in the future...even more so than a #1/2, even though no one would complain if that's what he turns into.