Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3582 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25823082348235323572358035813582358335843592363236824082 ... LastLast
Results 53,716 to 53,730 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

I am going to defend Kyle Beach here a little bit. This is completely based on last season. He was out for the majority of the year with an injury (can't remember off the top of my head). Prior to that he had started off the season ver well but only played something like 8 games. He had 0 off ice issues during the time on the shelf that I am aware of and contributed to the team by doing a suprisingly nice job on color commentary. This might have been the organization attempting to keep him busy but it seems to have been a big success. When he did come back, he picked the game back up quickly and finished the season strong as well.

That being said, I don't see him making the roster without having an amazing start to this season. If that does happen, I wouldn't be suprised to see him called up but I won't hold my breath. That injury last season really was a massive setback to him career wise as it was starting to look like he was turning a corner.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

The Icehogs hae a lot of talent that is developing in the right direction so there should be a big step forward this year. The NHL lockout is great for the AHL but could be detrimental to the Hogs. Sure they got some NHL level talent with Leddy and some of our other fringe guys like Bollig, Shaw, Hayes, Smith, and Kruger, but so did everybody else. Look at the Roster for the OKC Oil Barons, its STUPID! They recieved players like Nugent-Hopkins and Eberle. There are a few others that recieved more high level NHL talent as well. I am intreagued to see how this will shake up the standings at the start of the season. It is a great chance to see some stars. The unfortunate thing from a player development stand point is that the NHL players are taking roster spots from guys taht should be in the AHL improving their games. There are a number of players taht should be Icehogs at the start of the season that will end up playing in the ECHL with the Walleye. The longer the lockout drags on, the worse it is from a player development standpoint, for "diamonds in the rough" and for first year players. Of course the competition will be better for as long as the lockout lasts and the AHL should really see a spike in revenue. Rockford isn't that far away, make the drive and see a game in a great atmosphere.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

He needs to do well enough to be a part of a bigger trade. I don't see him making it up to Chicago.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

I think the AHL lockout will be good for those fringe guys. The AHL is kind of an "inbetweener" at this point. Kruger, Leddy, Olsen, Morin, etc will all play towards competition that might show their true colors.

Any one in particular we should be looking for? Will Hutton continue his solid play from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I think the AHL lockout will be good for those fringe guys. The AHL is kind of an "inbetweener" at this point. Kruger, Leddy, Olsen, Morin, etc will all play towards competition that might show their true colors.

Any one in particular we should be looking for? Will Hutton continue his solid play from last year?
    I personally think both Pirri and Beach are going to have big seasons en route to finally getting some playing time in Chicago if we ever get this season started. Morin and Stanton are guys I'd look at as well. I actually think Stanton could eventually be a very solid 5/6 defenseman for us. Aside from those guys, I'd look at Kruger and Leddy playing well down there. I think Leddy's more of a sure thing for success than Kruger, but if Kruger can play well there, he could be looking at a bigger role in Chicago provided we have a season.

To make this easy on everyone, the guys I'm most excited to watch at Rockford are:

Brandon Pirri
    Kyle Beach (already got his first goal in pre-season)
    Jeremy Morin
    Ryan Stanton
    Marcus Kruger (who I've heard has bulked up a little bit)
    Nick Leddy (I've been hearing about his confidence being a lot higher, but not in a negative way)

I could actually see him being a surprise factor this year. It wasn't that long ago hit lit up the WHL. Had a year to adjust in the A, and then looked good from what I understand in his first 8 last year before getting hurt. Hasn't had any issues since coming to the AHL that are that significant. I like his odds to throw himself back into the mix if he can keep his head on straight.

I'm hoping to catch the IceHogs in Peoria in less than two weeks, this is the time to try and catch a game.

I think Beach is done and if he has any trade value should be moved. It seems that Coach Q and Bowman are not fans either.

Been waiting on Morin to work out since the big trade, but we can only hope this concussion thing does not linger. Look at what happened with Justin Morneau of the Minnesota Twins, he has never been the same since his concussion and I hope that is not the case with Morin.

Boom, thanks for starting the thread and for the conversation.

Icehogs at Wolves this weekend

Icehogs playing at Allstate Arena Saturday and Sunday. I picked up a pair of tickets for Sunday's 3:00 game. anyone else going to watch some of the young hawks?

Quote Originally Posted by klima View Post
    Icehogs playing at Allstate Arena Saturday and Sunday. I picked up a pair of tickets for Sunday's 3:00 game. anyone else going to watch some of the young hawks?
    Were there more tickets available? Not a bad thought at all...

oh yeah LOTS of tickets available, according to ticketmaster. the first 2 rows around the glass are all taken. i picked up a front row pair of end seats on the second level in the corner. with all the fees and garbage it was $46.00. not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by klima View Post
    oh yeah LOTS of tickets available, according to ticketmaster. the first 2 rows around the glass are all taken. i picked up a front row pair of end seats on the second level in the corner. with all the fees and garbage it was $46.00. not bad at all.
    Sounds pretty decent. Would be nice to see some of the prospects in person and see how they are doing against a notch above last year's competition.

The thing that probably gets me most about Kyle Beach...is that he is exactly what the Blackhawks need. If he reached his potential of course.

A big guy that has nice hands around the net (was the scouting report coming into the draft) and will stick up for any teammate.

I hope I am wrong on Beach...I really really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I'm a fan of Morin as well. I really hope the concussion doesn't become a problem (already more than it is).

He reminds me of Troy Brouwer in a lot of ways. Has a hard shot, will use his body in a big way, but needs to work on his foot speed. Brouwer had a hard time getting into the NHL full time because his feet were just so far behind the rest of his game.

I think Morin actually has a real good shot of cracking the NHL lineup once we get up and running. I think he may be right up there with Saad when it all comes down to it.
    I like the Brouwer comparison. I would add to it that Morin has much better hockey sense than Troy.

He was impressive in his first call up. I recall a game against St. Louis where he really showed what he can bring. He was active in the offense and chipped in an assist and answered the bell and dropped the gloves at the end of the game.

Morin is a finisher. He'll always need a playmaker, but he's a trigger man who isn't afraid to go into the boards, win battles, and get scrappy. That's something we really need. Tremendous release that we haven't yet seen. He's one of my favorite prospects in the system. I've been rooting for him to win a spot on the roster since he came over.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015