Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    a new hitting coach could make a differance here dont you think

vCash
    I could be wrong here but I honestly don't think the difference would be that big. Jones, Walker (probably would have), Alvarez, and McCutchen all had career years this past season. I know there were a few players who struggled as well but if you look at some of them, Barmes, Presley, and Tabata were all starting to hit better as the season went on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    a new hitting coach could make a differance here dont you think
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I could be wrong here but I honestly don't think the difference would be that big. Jones, Walker (probably would have), Alvarez, and McCutchen all had career years this past season. I know there were a few players who struggled as well but if you look at some of them, Barmes, Presley, and Tabata were all starting to hit better as the season went on

Ummm ... you guys talk like there isn't going to be a new hitting coach next season, have you already forgotten that there is going to be a new one so we will see next year if that makes a difference or not.

At the end of the season it was announced that Greg Ritchie was leaving to go be the manager for his Alma mater, George Washington University.

Just for the record here is a story on it from Pirates Prospects
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    No, I remembered that Ritchie was leaving, I was just trying to say that I don't think hitting coaches have that much impact. Some of our guys had career years, others started out terribly

vCash
    No, I remembered that Ritchie was leaving, I was just trying to say that I don't think hitting coaches have that much impact. Some of our guys had career years, others started out terribly
    Ok I just thought maybe the two of you forgot since it was at the end of the season and not really covered all that much.

vCash
    Since there isn't much going on I'll pose a question to everyone else on this board.

What do you think are the Pirates biggest needs this offseason? And do you have any specific free agents/trade candidates/etc in mind to address the needs? Try to be at least somewhat realsitc here, obviously Hamilton and Grienke are not signing here and we aren't trading for Trout or Verlander.

vCash
    I'm encouraging the Pirates to think outside the box this offseason and with them needing bullpen help Kyuji Fujikawa could be a great option. He is a 32 year old closer that is a power pitcher and a full free agent from the Japan league. Early estimates are that he will get a 2 year deal worth between 8 and 10 million dollars.

Kyuji Fujikawa is described by some as Japan's Mariano Rivera. The estimated price for him isn't a huge sum when you consider top notch closers are making 10+ million a year so the Pirates could be wise to give it a roll of the dice.

vCash
    So whats the point of getting him if we have Hanrahan/are gonna not pay him/trade him?
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post

Ummm ... you guys talk like there isn't going to be a new hitting coach next season, have you already forgotten that there is going to be a new one so we will see next year if that makes a difference or not.

At the end of the season it was announced that Greg Ritchie was leaving to go be the manager for his Alma mater, George Washington University.

Just for the record here is a story on it from Pirates Prospects
    i realize that but it depends on who they get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    So whats the point of getting him if we have Hanrahan/are gonna not pay him/trade him?
    The point would be replacing Hanrahan and maybe even getting a better version for 3 million less in 2013 and for what would probably be 7 ish million less in 2014.

vCash
    Hmm Pirates season is over and no Penguin games to entertain myself with. I'm going crazy and micromanaging my fantasy football teams and making up stuff to post on my blog everyday. Anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Anyway to add some actually baseball content I seen the other day that Doug Slaten is also now a free agent. Like Meek and Sutton he is no big loss but its all the news we have right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Hmm Pirates season is over and no Penguin games to entertain myself with. I'm going crazy and micromanaging my fantasy football teams and making up stuff to post on my blog everyday. Anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Anyway to add some actually baseball content I seen the other day that Doug Slaten is also now a free agent. Like Meek and Sutton he is no big loss but its all the news we have right now.
    If you want, I could send you a few of my paper topics and you could do them for me?

vCash
    If you want, I could send you a few of my paper topics and you could do them for me?
    While that does sound intriguing I am very happy to be out of school. Besides I don't think you want me writing any papers.

vCash
    Hmm, I really thought you were going to take me up on my offer. If you get bored enough though, the offer still stands

vCash
    Hmm, I really thought you were going to take me up on my offer. If you get bored enough though, the offer still stands
    If you need to add any Pirates stuff into them let me know and I'll be glad to help otherwise I'm a Computer Science guy so writing papers isn't my strong suit.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast