Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Independance Day Sequels

The films, called "ID Forever Part 1" and "ID Forever Part II," have been written by Emmerich and Devlin and handed off to James Vanderbilt (who wrote Emmerich's upcoming "White House Down") for him to do a new draft. The movies are set 20 years after the original, as a distress signal sent by the original invaders as they went down to defeat finally reaches its destination -- which means more of the vicious extraterrestrials are soon on the way. Emmerich said:

"The humans knew that one day the aliens would come back. And they know that the only way you can really travel in space is through wormholes. So for the aliens, it could take two or three weeks, but for us that's 20 or 25 years."

In those two decades, Emmerich said, the human race has rebuilt from the aftermath of the initial invasion, and found some uses for the technology that the first wave of aliens left behind:

"It's a changed world. It's like parallel history. (Humans) have harnessed all this alien technology. We don't know how to duplicate it because it's organically-grown technology, but we know how to take an antigravity device and put it in a human airplane."

And just who will be piloting that airplane? Emmerich hinted that a mix of returning characters like Bill Pullman's President (retired now, we presume) will be joined by new heroes, like the grown-up stepson of Will Smith's character from the first film:

"It's still some of the same characters, but also new younger characters; it's a little bit like the sons take over. The first one ends on a little success, but only enough to give the humans hope. And then in the second one they free themselves again (from the aliens)."
    Sounds like it could be pretty good, of course we would be stealing their technology. Hope they turn out great!! Link!!

vCash
    It really does sound pretty kick ***.... One of my favorite movies by the way.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I'll for sure give this movie a looké

vCash
    No will smith?

vCash
    welcome to earf
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    It's gotta have Will Smith & Jeff Goldblum...

vCash
    sounds good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Not really. Will Smith's character just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The only way that happens more than once is if your name is John McClane.

vCash
    When I read "20 years after the original", I thought that was a big jump. Then I started to think, it's been almost 20 years in real time since the original. Cripes, I'm old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Will it suck as bad as the first one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    This takes place 20-25 years later are they gonna play old guys?

I wanna know how it takes 20 years for a distress signal to reach the aliens?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    welcome to earf
    http://i.imgur.com/2CqKn.png

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    welcome to earf
    http://i.imgur.com/2CqKn.png

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    This takes place 20-25 years later are they gonna play old guys?

I wanna know how it takes 20 years for a distress signal to reach the aliens?
    I read that the aliens used wormholes to travel through. Maybe the distress signal couldn't travel through a wormhole. Or maybe, and this could be crazy, maybe you shouldn't complain about that just like you shouldn't complain about a talking cricket in Pinocchio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I read that the aliens used wormholes to travel through. Maybe the distress signal couldn't travel through a wormhole. Or maybe, and this could be crazy, maybe you shouldn't complain about that just like you shouldn't complain about a talking cricket in Pinocchio.
    It took 20 years for a distress signal sent from "advanced" alien craft to reach their peers? Hell text messages here travel at nearly the speed of light.

What the hell did the other aliens think for 20 years? That they took the wrong wormhole and were trying to get directions.... In an society if any amount of people that large (there were thousands on those alien ships) go missing especially on a military venture involving so many massive ships there is gonna be an investigation when contact is broken.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it get revealed to the President in the original that there would be no peace because the aliens just moved from planet to planet exhausting their resources and that they needed earth's resources because they had depleted their own? So pretty much the aliens had to take earth or die off themselves.

Was it not said in the original movie that the ships that came to earth were the invading ships and the mothership (which was destroyed by the nuclear blast) carried the remains of their civilization? Otherwise why would it have had to be 1/4 the size of our moon....

I don't think it is too much to ask for the main plot of the movie to at least be somewhat plausible and not filled with holes. At some point it just becomes lazy writing....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast