Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Somewhere along the line, when you put the ball in someone's hand or put the bat in a players hand, they have to produce. We didn't. It sucks but you can hind site all you want but bottom line we have been offensively challenged all year and when Votto, Bruce, and Rolen can't come through.....dang what do you do?. The best manager of all time can write a line up but if you don't produce you are stranded. I think our focus should be on getting offensive production in the off season. Pitching is not the issue anymore so move on and get offense. We are good a first. We are good at second. With Frazier surely being at third we are good. Right is good. That leaves Center, left, and short stop. Need offense.

vCash
    I'm hoping the Reds trade Stubbs this offseason and try to get a leadoff hitter who can fill in for about 2 years, and by then Hamilton should be ready

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    No, if the bullpen gives up the slam then it is what it is. Latos was clearly frustrated after he walked the first batter on 4 very close pitches, none of which he got the call from the home plate umpire. It's one of Mat Latos' major drawbacks.

I understand the meaning of your question, but Dusty has a track record and a lot of us can bring up several more examples just in the final 2 games of the NLDS. I don't want to do that because it's just too frustrating to discuss right now.
    I understand man.... Props for being cool thru hard times.... Its never easy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I'm hoping the Reds trade Stubbs this offseason and try to get a leadoff hitter who can fill in for about 2 years, and by then Hamilton should be ready
    Denard Span makes so much sense for the Reds. So would David DeJesus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Denard Span makes so much sense for the Reds. So would David DeJesus.
    I agree. I really was hoping to get Span.

I also wonder if Denis Phipps could fill in until Hamilton is ready. last year in in the minors he only had a .300 OBP. not too great. but the year before that he had a .397 OBP. I wonder if they could get his OBP to how it was in 2011.

vCash
    I tell you one thing, the San Francisco Giants are a resilient team. Incredible the way they came back to beat the Reds when they were down 2-0. Then turn right around and they beat the Cardinals after being down 3-1. I wonder if fate is one their side or if Detroit will finally live up to their potential.

vCash
    happy to see the Giants win. I'll be rooting for them in the WS

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789