Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm pretty worried.

vCash
    I'm worried but the thing about Leake is the guy is a battler. I can easily see him giving us a quality start but he can be inconsistent too. He did beat the Giants in San Fran and the ball isn't flying like it would in the summer so I don't think we will see too many long balls because the Balls Cozart and Hanigan hit probably leave the yard in the summer. All we have to do is win one game the pressure has definitly shifted to us though in that the Giants have momentum and confidence.

They still haven't hit at all which has me concerned they might be due for a breakout game from there offense. Either way go REDS Mike Leake you are pitching the biggest game of your life and we need a good performance.

vCash
    I hope Leake dosn't give up 6 runs in the first 2 innings like he is prone too. The bats are prob going to have to bail his arse out if we wana win.

vCash
    Why is Stubbs starting tonight?

vCash
    As expected game 5 is eminent. Hopefully Mat Latos can pitch yet another gem against the Giants. The Reds are 3-0 against Matt Cain.

Three things that I note after losing games 3 and 4.

#1 - Bruce Bochy flat out managed the Reds in game 4. Both teams are very similar in a lot of ways, but Bochy clearly knows what it takes to win a championship. I suppose that is why he already done so 2 years ago.

#2 - Phillips, Cozart, Ludwick, Bruce, Rolen, Hannigan, Frazier, and even Stubbs have all done their part to drive in Runs. I know Votto has gotten on base, but when it matters most in this series he has let his team down. Votto has 0 RBI and has left numerous runners in scoring position. Inexcusable from the Reds "best" hitter.

#3 - It's a shame that Reds fans are shelling out thousands of dollars (and it really is thousands) to watch these playoff games at GABP and the team can't handle the pressure of playing in front an electrified home town crowd. I want to say more, but I'm going to leave it at that.

A win tomorrow will cure all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    As expected game 5 is eminent. Hopefully Mat Latos can pitch yet another gem against the Giants. The Reds are 3-0 against Matt Cain.

Three things that I note after losing games 3 and 4.

#1 - Bruce Bochy flat out managed the Reds in game 4. Both teams are very similar in a lot of ways, but Bochy clearly knows what it takes to win a championship. I suppose that is why he already done so 2 years ago.

#2 - Phillips, Cozart, Ludwick, Bruce, Rolen, Hannigan, Frazier, and even Stubbs have all done their part to drive in Runs. I know Votto has gotten on base, but when it matters most in this series he has let his team down. Votto has 0 RBI and has left numerous runners in scoring position. Inexcusable from the Reds "best" hitter.

#3 - It's a shame that Reds fans are shelling out thousands of dollars (and it really is thousands) to watch these playoff games at GABP and the team can't handle the pressure of playing in front an electrified home town crowd. I want to say more, but I'm going to leave it at that.

A win tomorrow will cure all.
    he is managing the Reds. It's the playoffs and Dusty is still going with his awful lineup. I think Dusty's career with the Reds may be coming down to tomorrows game.

Stubbs? he's OBP is .188 and so is his BA. he has 1 RBI. Stubbs is hurting the team overall.

Votto hasn't let his team down. he's still getting on base. RBI is somewhat of an over rated stat anyway. he's getting on base and that's really what matters in the end. his OBP is .500 and his BA is .333 in the playoffs. pretty damn good if you ask me.

vCash
    tomorrow, If I were Dusty, I would go with:

1. Heisey CF
    2. Phillips 2B
    3. Votto 1B
    4. Ludwick LF
    5. Frazier 3B
    6. Bruce RF
    7. Hanigan C
    8. Cozart SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Votto hasn't let his team down. he's still getting on base. RBI is somewhat of an over rated stat anyway. he's getting on base and that's really what matters in the end. his OBP is .500 and his BA is .333 in the playoffs. pretty damn good if you ask me.
    I bet Votto would disagree with you. He is paid to drive in Runs in big situations. Hasn't drove in one yet. Every starter for the Reds has drove in at least one in this series. Votto needs to deliver tomorrow. Period. Nobody gets a pass in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    tomorrow, If I were Dusty, I would go with:

1. Heisey CF
    2. Phillips 2B
    3. Votto 1B
    4. Ludwick LF
    5. Frazier 3B
    6. Bruce RF
    7. Hanigan C
    8. Cozart SS
    I agree with everything except Heisey. He may have a better batting ave. and OBP. but he seems to through out the year to 'produce' when games are out of hand one way or another. Very seldom does he come up with big hits in crucial situations. Not in any way saying that Stubbs should be there, however If it was me I would role the dice and put Frazier in the outfield to get more offense on the field.

Phillips
    Fraizer
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Rolen
    Hanigan
    Cozart

Ah heck..... doesn't matter..... Just hit the ball........ Crap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Thank you. I wanted to say that. We are way past figuring out lineups. Whoever starts tomorrow needs to produce. These guys are all professionals.

vCash
    I bet Votto would disagree with you. He is paid to drive in Runs in big situations. Hasn't drove in one yet. Every starter for the Reds has drove in at least one in this series. Votto needs to deliver tomorrow. Period. Nobody gets a pass in the playoffs.
    He would diagree because he'll never be satisfied until he's perfect. however his .500 OBP has helped the team. he scored a run today, he's making the pitchers work to get him out, and he's drawing a lot of pitches
    I agree with everything except Heisey. He may have a better batting ave. and OBP. but he seems to through out the year to 'produce' when games are out of hand one way or another. Very seldom does he come up with big hits in crucial situations. Not in any way saying that Stubbs should be there, however If it was me I would role the dice and put Frazier in the outfield to get more offense on the field.

Phillips
    Fraizer
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Rolen
    Hanigan
    Cozart

Heisey pinched hit for most of the season and he did pretty good at it. he's been in pressured situation and come through before. and him starting means the Stubbs isn't playing.

and yes, they need to hit! play and simple.
    Thank you. I wanted to say that. We are way past figuring out lineups. Whoever starts tomorrow needs to produce. These guys are all professionals.

vCash
    Reds lose tomorrow Dusty needs canned.

vCash
    Game 5 will be fun. If Giants lose, i don't mind that it's to the Reds. Your team is really likeable.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Reds lose tomorrow Dusty needs canned.
    Funny you say that. It may not be the Reds choice. He may not want to come back.
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 10-11-2012 at 08:19 AM.

vCash
    Funny you say that. It may not be the Reds choice. He may not want to come back.
    Name a contender who has a vacancy? Dont see Dusty going to a rebuilding job anywhere.. Gotta wonder about health issue's as well.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast