Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah, always BPA. If they feel Denney is the best guy available, I hope they take him.
    While I can understand the BPA method, they would likely be calling him the BPA only because of the position he plays which is total BS to me. When they drafted Cecchini they probably thought he was BPA because he was a SS, meanwhile there's clearly several more players who were much better hitters and will continue being much better hitters, while still being good defensive players. With all positions equally evaluated, I HIGHLY doubt Denney will be the BPA when we pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    While I can understand the BPA method, they would likely be calling him the BPA only because of the position he plays which is total BS to me. When they drafted Cecchini they probably thought he was BPA because he was a SS, meanwhile there's clearly several more players who were much better hitters and will continue being much better hitters, while still being good defensive players. With all positions equally evaluated, I HIGHLY doubt Denney will be the BPA when we pick.
    Even if they like Denney as a catcher, he'll be up by like 2018 probably when d'Arnaud will be 29. It's always nice to have depth in the organization.

vCash
    Or they can move him to another position, much like Wil Myers.

The only position I would be hesitant about drafting would be a RHP, and even then is Mark Appel fell to us I would be all over it like White on Rice.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Or they can move him to another position, much like Wil Myers.

The only position I would be hesitant about drafting would be a RHP, and even then is Mark Appel fell to us I would be all over it like White on Rice.
    I would draft a RHP too. It doesn't matter what hand you throw with as long as you are a good pitcher with power stuff. The last thing I want to see is a reach for a LHP just because he's a LHP.

I think Trey Ball is a guy the Mets should seriously consider drafting. I have a feeling he'll be a stud because of his athleticism as a two-way player.

vCash
    I would draft a RHP too. It doesn't matter what hand you throw with as long as you are a good pitcher with power stuff. The last thing I want to see is a reach for a LHP just because he's a LHP.

I think Trey Ball is a guy the Mets should seriously consider drafting. I have a feeling he'll be a stud because of his athleticism as a two-way player.
    My point wasn't we need a LHP, just that the amount of depth this franchise has with RHP.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Best player available.

Keep it simple.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    I like the fact that Ball has been compared to Shawn Green. People may forget but Shawn Green was a top 10-15 player in baseball for a few years in the late 90's-early 2000's.

He's also said to be a potential plus defensive centerfielder. Can you imagine Green-like production coming from CF?

And if he fails as a position player you throw him on the mound.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Player: Matthew McPhearson
    Position: CF
    School: Riverdale Baptist (MD)
    Date of Birth: 4/19/1995
    Height/Weight: 5’10/175
    Bats/Throws: L/L
    2013 Class: HS Senior
    Committed To: Miami

Scouting Report:

Great athlete
    Good barrel control
    Chance to develop some pop
    Above average bat speed
    Takes pitches-30 BB in 96 AB
    Plus to ++ speed
    Top recorded 60 time of 6.21
    Tools and skills for centerfield
    Above average arm

He would be someone I would take with the 75th pick.

vCash
    BCPA - Best college player. This fits with the Moneyball strategy of drafting more developed and proven players and fits in line with the 2014-2015 horizon for the bulk of the top prospects hitting the big leagues. Developing the farm is important but Sandy's gotta put a winning team on the field at some point so I think he'll go heavy on college players this year hoping to have them ready in 2-3 yrs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    I like the fact that Ball has been compared to Shawn Green. People may forget but Shawn Green was a top 10-15 player in baseball for a few years in the late 90's-early 2000's.

He's also said to be a potential plus defensive centerfielder. Can you imagine Green-like production coming from CF?

And if he fails as a position player you throw him on the mound.
    Hard not to like that 6'6" frame on the mound though. I wouldn't want to be the one making that decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Player: Matthew McPhearson
    Position: CF
    School: Riverdale Baptist (MD)
    Date of Birth: 4/19/1995
    Height/Weight: 5’10/175
    Bats/Throws: L/L
    2013 Class: HS Senior
    Committed To: Miami

Scouting Report:

Great athlete
    Good barrel control
    Chance to develop some pop
    Above average bat speed
    Takes pitches-30 BB in 96 AB
    Plus to ++ speed
    Top recorded 60 time of 6.21
    Tools and skills for centerfield
    Above average arm

He would be someone I would take with the 75th pick.
    I like him too.

vCash
    Hard not to like that 6'6" frame on the mound though. I wouldn't want to be the one making that decision.
    Yeah, I wonder what Trey prefers.
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash

Steven Strassburg and Bryce Harper

There are members on this Board who have forgotten much more than I know about potential draft picks in baseball.

I know that the Steven Strassburgs and Bryce Harpers do not come along very often and that the Nats were lucky to be able to draft them in successive years.

To those knowing members on this Board are there any young players whether in college or otherwise out there in the same ilk as the 2 Nationals mentioned ?

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    There are members on this Board who have forgotten much more than I know about potential draft picks in baseball.

I know that the Steven Strassburgs and Bryce Harpers do not come along very often and that the Nats were lucky to be able to draft them in successive years.

To those knowing members on this Board are there any young players whether in college or otherwise out there in the same ilk as the 2 Nationals mentioned ?
    Well, well, well NY Sports Fan I thought you'd never ask!

SA's "Grand Plan" (hopefully) is to start an Atlanta-clone drafting system or he should at least seriously consider their 20+ year run of success. Their system has been a perpetual breeding ground for drafting exceptionally well and then developing those players, especially pitchers.

Here are two "future" players in the backyard develop stage. Through use of a 3rd Century oigee board, third-hand info, and unscientific study I strongly suggest to NY Mets Management Team.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lOjgUV4No

The batter may possess 50+ HR potential.

The fielder, not sure. After that bat to the head. Well you know, probably the start of more bats to the beaner and you have the start of a short baseball career due to a short, but lethal attack of concussions.

P.S. - My 11th pick is a sure thing. If he reaches MLB potential, he'll be ready for the 2028 season.

Last edited by Paulie6986; 01-30-2013 at 06:49 AM.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Why right-handed? I think that's being a little picky.

We haven't got one, or had one for ages. I want a bat that scares the pitcher, we don't have that guy.

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast