Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    More stuff on him.

Bullpen Banter
    Phil Ervin (OF; Harwich Mariners; Samford; 2013 Draft) - Big check mark here. By the end of the Cape I bet he's one of this biggest risers. Smallish and kind of thick but athletic and ran the bases really well. Savage bat speed and ball exploded off a quick, short stroke. Fouled off a hard FB in on his hands one pitch. Next pitch the pitcher came back in even higher and tighter - Laser HR to LF. Impressive as he had to adjust even farther inside and start his swing even sooner. No small feat when its your first game of the year with a wooden bat. Next AB laced a ball into the RF gap. Really impressed by Ervin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    What's you're opinion on Kris Bryant?
    He is one of the best if not the best bat in the draft, I am thinking that he may be gone in the top 10. The question is what position will he play? I think realistically he may end up at 1st, but who ever drafts him will try to stay with him at 3rd since there is where he has the most value. I think he has a shot to play RF as well since he has a strong arm, but the average speed may mean he will cost you on defense a bit.

Obviously if he is there at 11, he is a guy I would take in heartbeat, just doubt that he will be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He is one of the best if not the best bat in the draft, I am thinking that he may be gone in the top 10. The question is what position will he play? I think realistically he may end up at 1st, but who ever drafts him will try to stay with him at 3rd since there is where he has the most value. I think he has a shot to play RF as well since he has a strong arm, but the average speed may mean he will cost you on defense a bit.

Obviously if he is there at 11, he is a guy I would take in heartbeat, just doubt that he will be there.
    If he drops Mets should take him regardless of position.

vCash
    Yeah, as mention before for me you always draft best available talent and Bryant is one of the top 3 bats in the draft and arguably the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

He's athletic enough to play a corner outfield position.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    The thing with Bryant and Wilson is they need less time in the minors as opposed to Frazier, Meadows and other HSers.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    No and No.

The Pirates compensation pick is a protected pick, meaning that there are only nine actual protected picks in the reverse standings.

We lose our first round pick if we sign a player that has received a qualified offer (previously referred to as a Type A player) from his current team. Actually, drafting 11th, we are the first team to lose a pick. But, not to worry, because, as you say, we won't.
    The Mets pick is not protected...the new FA rule says if you sign a so called type a you lose your pick but the team who loses the player...if he rejected the $13.3 m standard offer they don't get your pick.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    I wanted Kris Bryant back when he was eligible for the draft out of HS. I'd jump up and down if we got him.

vCash
    The latest and a bit more bizarre of a mock draft.
    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...raft-version-1

vCash
    I have not seen Chris Rivera mentioned much. He looks good though, I can see the Mets picking him if he's available. I like him better than Mercado.

The mock says we would get Jonathon Crawford, and I would like that very much.

Surprised to see this guy having Appel so low though.

vCash
    Can we have another short stop please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Can we have another short stop please?
    Can never have too many. You can trade a SS for an outfielder if that is still our need in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Can never have too many. You can trade a SS for an outfielder if that is still our need in the future.
    Or just draft an OF...

If that's still our need in the future?

It's our need right now, and has been for years. Can you remember the last above average OF we had, not just 1 player but as a group?

vCash
    I still want Wilson if he drops to us or Williams ultimately...

Crawford projected as a pen arm with the 11th pick doesn't bowl me over by any means.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-07-2013 at 07:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Or just draft an OF...

If that's still our need in the future?

It's our need right now, and has been for years. Can you remember the last above average OF we had, not just 1 player but as a group?
    Sure, we drafted Nimmo don't forget.

When the Mets are drafting in 2013, they are thinking about 2018. Do you think the OF will still be an issue by then? We have some promising OF in the lower minors in Lupo, Becarra, Nimmo, Marquez, etc.

And the OF can be easily addressed via FA. Players are always available every year.

Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast