Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another guy I would keep an eye on is Ian Clarkin-lhp, throws a 94 mph fast ball but will sit at 91-92 as he matures. Big time curve, durable, big leg kick. Has a developing change. His pitching motion is a little abrupt and has inconsistent stride but that's fixable. Throws at a 3/4 slot.

I'm a sucker for lefties.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Gallo struck out 26 times in Short season A ball, in 56 at bats.
    That's a huge red flag.
    No it's not and everything he did this year has to be taken with a grain of salt.

He completely tore apart the rookie league in Arizona, it was the only reason he moved up short season A ball to start with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    No it's not and everything he did this year has to be taken with a grain of salt.

He completely tore apart the rookie league in Arizona, it was the only reason he moved up short season A ball to start with.
    Ok, but his biggest flaw was pitch recognition against better pitching. He did nothing this past season to make me disband that thought.

He still struck out 52 times in 150 at-bats in rookie ball.

That's a staggering amount of strike outs.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    In 193 PA though because he walked a ton. His BB% was 19.2% with a 26.9% K% so his K/BB ratio was fine. He hit LHP and smacked 18 HR in 43 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    In 193 PA though because he walked a ton. His BB% was 19.2% with a 26.9% K% so his K/BB ratio was fine. He hit LHP and smacked 18 HR in 43 games.
    No one is disputing his power, at 18 he was rated with an 80 in power.

His contact rate will slip even further as he moves up in the farm.

vCash
    He reminds me of a 3B version of Adam Dunn

vCash
    Before the draft I asked if you could draft Adam Dunn would you? I was referring to Gallo.

vCash
    Like Clay, I was skeptical. I was clearly wrong as of now and I admit it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Before the draft I asked if you could draft Adam Dunn would you? I was referring to Gallo.
    Still not sold on him.

vCash
    Yeah when I asked that it wasn't necessarily a positive. I really am not sure if a Dunn type of player is actually helpful or hurtful to your team. Of course the HR's are great as well as the RBI, but if every other part of your game is below average then is it worth it? I honestly don't know and am curious what guys think.

vCash
    He's going to be a better defender that's for sure, and the offense is still extremely valuable.

vCash
    Adam Dunn only had a minor league K-rate of 16% not more 30%. That's the rarified atmosphere of Brandon Wood.

Dunn had 1208 ABs versus 270 Ks in the minors. This is why minor league K rates in excess of 22% is a problem. Hitters with high K-rates tend to have increased K-rates in the majors.

Now, Gallo because he is only 18 might improve the K-rate. BW also was 18 when he began and simply did not improve K-rate enough.

vCash
    Players Name: Kris Bryant

Position: 3B

Junior at USD

HT: 6í5

WT: 215lbs

Bats/ Throws: R /R

Body: Bryant has a big strong mature fame. He has Long limbs and a long torso with a very muscular frame.

Swing: Bryant has a wide slightly open stance with high hands and up and down bat movement. He has a very low stride to the plate, a good weight shift and short backward hand draw. He has a quick bat with above average to plus bat speed. This along with his short direct to the ball swing and superior leverage give him plus power. He also shows plus plate coverage and batting eye, which adds to being an above average to plus batter.

Base running: Bryant is far from being a plus runner but he also doesnít clog the bases either. He could be said to have average speed but it would be on the lower range of average bordering on below average.

Defense: I didnít get a chance to see him play the field during the visit to see him play. But that being said I have seen him to play the field last season and I then saw him play 3B and OF. He shows a plus arm but this footwork can be a little sloppy at 3B at times and there is question if he has the speed to handle OF. But he has very good hands and is a very hard worker. I do think he should be given a chance to play 3B at the next level but his future maybe either in the OF or at 1B.

Summary: Bryant maybe the top pure bat in this yearís draft class. His power, ability to make connect and knowledge of the strike zone makes him a legit threat at the next level. His other tools are at least average but his future will be determined by his bat.

vCash
    Most likely will be gone baring injury or huge underperformance.

vCash
    SS Drew Ward was declared eligible, that should drop someone to us.

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast