Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Perhaps or perhaps not, but that is all we got when draft day is here, nobody can see into the future and say who was right and who was wrong.

vCash
    Now this is not a comparison of any kind but:

I would love to see what the scouting reports looked like for Derek Jeter on draft day. Was he seen as a guy with tremendous talent and tools? I don't know at all, so I'm asking you guys. It seems as though Jeter is a make-up player with baseball smarts and a hit tool.

How far off would a comparison between Jeter and Cecchini be on draft day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Reading about Jeter it seem he could of been a #1 over all pick but there were thoughts he would go to Michigan also he seem to be a better athlete than Cecchini. His make up was off the charts though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Reading about Jeter it seem he could of been a #1 over all pick but there were thoughts he would go to Michigan also he seem to be a better athlete than Cecchini. His make up was off the charts though.
    Yeah the only thing I knew about him was his commitment to Michigan. Thanks for the info, Sick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    If we did go with a pitcher I hope we go after LHP Trey Ball. He is a two way player who says he prefers to be a position player, but he is more highly touted as a pitcher. He is 6'6 with a fastball in the low 90's, a slider, and a change up coming out of HS. I still have Justin Williams as my number one preference and think he is a future star, but if we go pitcher then I hope it's Trey Ball. Here is a scouting report:

http://bigleaguefutures.net/1/2012/0...ile-trey-ball/

vCash

I'm With You On That

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Can we not draft a mediocre non impact infielder again this time please?

I want a big bat or power arm. Don't waste premium picks on mediocrity.
    If they draft another punch and judy hitting infielder I will never support this team again. This past draft Depodesta must have been on shrooms cause he mailed it in. My theory is that the team finances have reached down into the draft now and international signings. So now we aren't signing Type A free agents anymore we are bypassing top prospects because of money. The Wilpons need to sell because 2 more years of this it will take this franchise a decade to recover.

vCash

It Will Almost Have To Be A Lefty

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I will say if we did go with a pitcher then I prefer we go with a lefty even though there are only a few worthy of being picked that high. At least right now.
    Since we didn't draft one ay all last year. We also only took 1 outfielder. I sure wish Kevin Burhardt would do an interview with DePodesta and ask him what he was smoking before he made the draft picks last year. A bajillion light hitting shortstops and no outfielders. Like our minor league prospects are that close to the show that we could draft for development.

vCash

Cecchini Will Never Play In The Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    I can't wait for Cecchini to show why he was a first round pick.
    The kid has alot of work to get even capable. Plus his swing is one of the ugliest I have seen. They need to get with him this winter and change that swing. Its a very bad fly ball swing. With him being a middle fielder he should be a gap hitter singles and doubles. They should have took Hawkins he is ripping up the minors and has been promoted already.

vCash
    No more pitchers! I want a power bat!

vCash
    Go pitching #1. They went bats early the past few drafts.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Really depends on what is available. I like Bobby Wahl and Jonathon Crawford.

vCash
    Just not to spend money, watch the Wilpons force Sandy to overreach a gain and pick someone who won't demand some $$$$$.

I am one who believes we need to spend money on the draft and young overseas players rather than using it to keep good older players on a mediocre team. The reason I think this way is because I know the Wilpons are not going to dish out legit money.

They really need to sell the team........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    In 2011 they went with Nimmo with the 1st followed by pitching with the next 5 picks.

In 2012 They went with Cecchini then Plawecki followed by Reynolds.

It's been all pitching before that.

This farm is deficient in lefties, outfield, and power bats. I believe with another solid draft then they don'y have to fill out the farm and can go BPA.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    The kid has alot of work to get even capable. Plus his swing is one of the ugliest I have seen. They need to get with him this winter and change that swing. Its a very bad fly ball swing. With him being a middle fielder he should be a gap hitter singles and doubles. They should have took Hawkins he is ripping up the minors and has been promoted already.
    I would like to see the video that allows you to make that claim, because every video I have seen the swing looks nice. Not crazy about the toe tap, but understand it's a timing mechanism.

I think he's a safe bet to make the parent club.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    In 2011 they went with Nimmo with the 1st followed by pitching with the next 5 picks.

In 2012 They went with Cecchini then Plawecki followed by Reynolds.

It's been all pitching before that.

This farm is deficient in lefties, outfield, and power bats. I believe with another solid draft then they don'y have to fill out the farm and can go BPA.
    Like I said, they went with bats. Go with Pitching #1. You can never have enough pitching. Too often fans look at the bats and SP without conisdering these picks can add to the inept bullpen. The names mentioned above, they have to develop. Sooner than later, if at all.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast