Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They are committed to a ~100MM payroll. Having the 10th or 11th pick would not change that.

The major moves we make this off-season will come via trade.

vCash
    ...but again am sure such a thing only makes them more likely to not sign a guy that may cost them the 11th pick over all. What ever slim possibility they had of signing such a guy went out the window once they found out that their pick would not be protected.

...btw am still not sure if that info is right.

vCash
    I wonder if the Mets will look at one of the top Catchers this year in Jeremy Martinez or Jonathan Denney both out of HS. If either one has a strong Senior season I could see them getting a look. However, I am still on the Justin Williams bandwagon. We need a power hitting outfielder and he fits the bill.

vCash
    HS catchers take a real long time to develop, I prefer to go after college catchers because they are more polished.

The Mets should take the best player that is available to them. I don't care what position it is.

vCash
    I agree always go BPA. Too bad we didn't follow that philosophy last draft and an argument could be made for the year before that as well.

vCash
    I will say if we did go with a pitcher then I prefer we go with a lefty even though there are only a few worthy of being picked that high. At least right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I agree always go BPA. Too bad we didn't follow that philosophy last draft and an argument could be made for the year before that as well.
    BPA was Giolito, but he had injury concerns and a huge price tag.

Everyone else was fair game, guys like Cecchini, Hawkins, Wacha, etc. were all ranked around the same spot.

vCash
    I can't wait for Cecchini to show why he was a first round pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I will say if we did go with a pitcher then I prefer we go with a lefty even though there are only a few worthy of being picked that high. At least right now.
    Doesn't really matter whether the pitcher is a lefty or righty. I fell on the lefty bandwagon with Jed Bradley last year and that failed. Just get good pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    BPA was Giolito, but he had injury concerns and a huge price tag.

Everyone else was fair game, guys like Cecchini, Hawkins, Wacha, etc. were all ranked around the same spot.
    I guess it's a matter of opinion cause I had Hawkins and Wacha ahead of Cecchini.

vCash
    I think in both cases they did go BPA on their own board. I think they are putting very heavy emphasis though on make-up, which will impact how they rank these guys.

vCash
    Hawkins reminds me of Delmon Young while Cecchini reminds me of Zack Cozart. Who would you say is better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I think in both cases they did go BPA on their own board. I think they are putting very heavy emphasis though on make-up, which will impact how they rank these guys.
    I agree with you, but how valuable is make-up, really? I'd much rather have the player with tools and talent over make-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Obviously both guys were BPA on their list. The concern has been that neither was BPA according to the rest of the consensus.

vCash
    The consensus means nothing. They are wrong too.

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast