Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1294
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,370
    vCash
    1500
    They are committed to a ~100MM payroll. Having the 10th or 11th pick would not change that.

    The major moves we make this off-season will come via trade.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    ...but again am sure such a thing only makes them more likely to not sign a guy that may cost them the 11th pick over all. What ever slim possibility they had of signing such a guy went out the window once they found out that their pick would not be protected.

    ...btw am still not sure if that info is right.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,527
    vCash
    1500
    I wonder if the Mets will look at one of the top Catchers this year in Jeremy Martinez or Jonathan Denney both out of HS. If either one has a strong Senior season I could see them getting a look. However, I am still on the Justin Williams bandwagon. We need a power hitting outfielder and he fits the bill.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,370
    vCash
    1500
    HS catchers take a real long time to develop, I prefer to go after college catchers because they are more polished.

    The Mets should take the best player that is available to them. I don't care what position it is.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,527
    vCash
    1500
    I agree always go BPA. Too bad we didn't follow that philosophy last draft and an argument could be made for the year before that as well.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,527
    vCash
    1500
    I will say if we did go with a pitcher then I prefer we go with a lefty even though there are only a few worthy of being picked that high. At least right now.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,370
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I agree always go BPA. Too bad we didn't follow that philosophy last draft and an argument could be made for the year before that as well.
    BPA was Giolito, but he had injury concerns and a huge price tag.

    Everyone else was fair game, guys like Cecchini, Hawkins, Wacha, etc. were all ranked around the same spot.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,922
    vCash
    1500
    I can't wait for Cecchini to show why he was a first round pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,370
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I will say if we did go with a pitcher then I prefer we go with a lefty even though there are only a few worthy of being picked that high. At least right now.
    Doesn't really matter whether the pitcher is a lefty or righty. I fell on the lefty bandwagon with Jed Bradley last year and that failed. Just get good pitchers.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,527
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    BPA was Giolito, but he had injury concerns and a huge price tag.

    Everyone else was fair game, guys like Cecchini, Hawkins, Wacha, etc. were all ranked around the same spot.
    I guess it's a matter of opinion cause I had Hawkins and Wacha ahead of Cecchini.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,995
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I agree always go BPA. Too bad we didn't follow that philosophy last draft and an argument could be made for the year before that as well.
    I think in both cases they did go BPA on their own board. I think they are putting very heavy emphasis though on make-up, which will impact how they rank these guys.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,370
    vCash
    1500
    Hawkins reminds me of Delmon Young while Cecchini reminds me of Zack Cozart. Who would you say is better?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I think in both cases they did go BPA on their own board. I think they are putting very heavy emphasis though on make-up, which will impact how they rank these guys.
    I agree with you, but how valuable is make-up, really? I'd much rather have the player with tools and talent over make-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I think in both cases they did go BPA on their own board. I think they are putting very heavy emphasis though on make-up, which will impact how they rank these guys.
    Obviously both guys were BPA on their list. The concern has been that neither was BPA according to the rest of the consensus.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,370
    vCash
    1500
    The consensus means nothing. They are wrong too.

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •