Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mets Picking 11th in the 2013 Draft

Time to start the scouting reports rolling!!

vCash
    Not too bad. I think 11th is good enough to bring in some very good, young talent.

vCash
    Justin Williams recent scouting report. Corner outfielder with big time power potential.

http://www.bbprospectreport.com/2012...williams-video

vCash
    I wonder if Frazier will still be available. I sure hope so, but I think he's too good of a talent to fall past the top 10.

vCash
    Maybe we'll pick another middle infielder with average tools potential? One can hope, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    Maybe we'll pick another middle infielder with average tools potential? One can hope, right.
    Not this year. I really doubt that.

vCash
    This is the year they pick a light hitting center fielder with inzane speed who is 5'2'' and walks a ton!!!

vCash
    Just for clarification purposes:

1. We have a top 10 protected pick, but we pick 11th because of the Pirates' compensation pick for not signing Appel.

2. If we do choose to pursue a Type A Free Agent (which we won't do) we will not lose our first round draft pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Just for clarification purposes:

1. We have a top 10 protected pick, but we pick 11th because of the Pirates' compensation pick for not signing Appel.

2. If we do choose to pursue a Type A Free Agent (which we won't do) we will not lose our first round draft pick
    No and No.

The Pirates compensation pick is a protected pick, meaning that there are only nine actual protected picks in the reverse standings.

We lose our first round pick if we sign a player that has received a qualified offer (previously referred to as a Type A player) from his current team. Actually, drafting 11th, we are the first team to lose a pick. But, not to worry, because, as you say, we won't.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    No he is right, the Mets pick is protected.

vCash
    Actually according to this dunbum is right.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/collec...ing-agreement/

For MLB teams to obtain a protected first round draft pick in 2013, they will have to finish this year with one of the nine worst records in baseball. Though the top ten draft choices are protected under the sport’s new collective bargaining agreement, one of those selections will go to the Pirates, who did not sign their 2012 first round pick, Mark Appel. This means the nine teams with the worst records in baseball will have protected first round selections in 2013, MLB confirmed to MLBTR.

vCash
    I think that info is wrong because in past years the teams with the 15 worst records had protected picks even if other teams had extra pics for not signing a draftee, but they might have changed that in the new collective bargaining agreement.

vCash
    Oh well, we aren't signing anyone of importance anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Oh well, we aren't signing anyone of importance anyway.
    Yep.

After Alderson's statement today this much is very clear.

More of the same.
    Go Grab My Belt

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I don't care who we draft or what his position is. But, I do care that whomever we do draft is a solid player and is on the team as a major contributor within two years. Yes, two years.

There's nothing like hearing about how great our players are performing in the minors only for them to either be AAAA players or are marginal/mediocre as major leaguers. We have enough of them now.

I just hope we don't start hearing how great our minor leaguers are. The reason I say that is, I'm tired of hearing how great the KC Royals farm is for the last 5-7 years. Look at that franchise's record since the George Brett Era. Pitiful.

SA draft smart and wise. You don't and you can start calling us the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast