Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grady Sizemore?

vCash

Grady Sizemore?

It shouldn’t be long before a long list of teams start to inquire about free agent Grady Sizemore. Sizemore has begun baseball activities after being sidelined by knee surgeries and so far he’s had no setbacks. Cafardo suggests the Mets could be a fit as they are in need of outfield help.
    The site thou shall not be named.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Waste of time. Too injury prone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Waste of time. Too injury prone.
    Let the Mets scout him, and let's find out what he's looking for before calling him a waste of time.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 06-03-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Other than a 3rd baseman, 2nd baseman and a closer, the Mets are in need of just about every possible type of player.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Why not? If he doesn't pan out, its only money that otherwise would not have been spent on anything, and it ain't my money. Seems like a low risk, high reward situation since it wouldn't cost us any prospects and we'd have a few months this year to demo him to see if he's worth anything for next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Why not? If he doesn't pan out, its only money that otherwise would not have been spent on anything, and it ain't my money. Seems like a low risk, high reward situation since it wouldn't cost us any prospects and we'd have a few months this year to demo him to see if he's worth anything for next year
    Nothing to lose. If healthy he's an upgrade, if not he's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Let the Mets scout him, and let's find out what he's looking for before calling him a waste of time.

I'll call him a waste of time already thanks, you can do as you like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post

There's always the risk the Mets think they have a cheap option and that lulls them into thinking they've solved a hole which is what the Mets always do.

vCash
    Here's the risk.

This organization has already tanked this season. Why are they wasting time on retreads?

At least play the younger players and see what you've got. Or, go after and get a viable long-term OF solution.

Grady Sizemore is fine if you didn't tank your season already and allowed so many holes to exist on the roster. But they've allowed the season to fall apart in early June. And there are more roster holes than reliable players. So all Sizemore will be is another body, like Ankiel, taking playing time away from guys like Kirk, Lagares, etc.

It makes no sense since the organization has already done whatever it can to sabatoge the 2013 season.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Here's the risk.

This organization has already tanked this season. Why are they wasting time on retreads?

At least play the younger players and see what you've got. Or, go after and get a viable long-term OF solution.

Grady Sizemore is fine if you didn't tank your season already and allowed so many holes to exist on the roster. But they've allowed the season to fall apart in early June. And there are more roster holes than reliable players. So all Sizemore will be is another body, like Ankiel, taking playing time away from guys like Kirk, Lagares, etc.

It makes no sense since the organization has already done whatever it can to sabatoge the 2013 season.
    Like whom?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Here's the risk.

I disagree. Sizemore was once on his way to becoming a star. None of the players you mentioned will ever be stars (or likely even starters). And Sizemore is only 30. Is it likely that he will rebound from all of these injuries and regain his past form- probably not. But, he is still worth a shot over any of our AAAA options, or the people we are running out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Like whom?
    Well I was on the Bourn bandwagon this winter so there was a good example.

Now, I'd rather see the FO see if they can trade for a good major league OFer. Let them figure out who it should be.

If they can't find one, what is the point of adding Sizemore now? Your question should then be answered by Lagares and Kirk -possibly Puello at season's end. Whatever these guys may end up being, their role has more importance than a few games of Grady Sizemore in 2013.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Yes, if we can get 3 decent seasons from him it would be amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Like whom?

Isn't that the Job of the FO? what are we paying them for? I'd love to know how much Alderson and co have earned over the last 3 years just to tank every season. Does it need 3 people + Ricco to tank seasons? I don't think it does.

If they can't find solutions, we need to find a FO that can.

vCash
    For league minimum, go ahead. The problem is, that might be too expensive for the Mets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast