Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    My ideal offseason would be to sign Anibal Sanchez, trade Span to Tampa for Wade Davis, resign Baker, sign Maicer Izturis, sign Torii Hunter, sign Kyle Farnsworth.

Lineup:
    C: Joe Mauer
    1B: Justin Morneau
    2B: Maicer Izturis
    SS: Pedro Florimon
    3B: Trevor Plouffe
    LF: Josh Willingham
    CF: Ben Revere
    RF: Torii Hunter
    DH: Ryan Doumit

Bench:
    Chris Parmelee 1B/RF
    Darin Mastoriani OF
    Jamey Carroll IF
    Ryan Doumit C/DH
    Eduardo Escobar IF

Rotation:
    Anibal Sanchez RHP
    Scott Diamond LHP
    Wade Davis RHP
    Scott Baker RHP
    Samuel Deduno/Liam Hendriks/Kyle Gibson/ColeDeVries

CL Glenn Perkins
    SU Jared Burton
    SU Kyle Farnsworth
    MR Casey Fien
    MR Brian Duensing
    MR Tyler Robertson
    LR Samuel Deduno/Cole DeVries/Esmerling Vasquez

vCash
    ^ That actually sounds real nice

vCash
    Honestly, I have no interest in throwing 10mil+ at Hunter when we have bigger middle infield and pitching needs, especially when our outfield prospects are a year or less away from the bigs

Wade Davis' 2011 ERA (as a starter) was a mediocre 4.45

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RPH2013 View Post
    Honestly, I have no interest in throwing 10mil+ at Hunter when we have bigger middle infield and pitching needs, especially when our outfield prospects are a year or less away from the bigs

Wade Davis' 2011 ERA (as a starter) was a mediocre 4.45
    I have to agree. This F/O should not spend a dime on OFs. The bulk of the F/A budget needs to be used on starting pitching. There is some good depth this year in FA pitchers. Two of the three new starting pitchers that are being target by the F/O and the 3rd via trade. Span and Revere make no sense together so one of them needs to be part of a package to land another starting pitcher.

Obviously, our middle infield is suspect too but we have JC for another year and I would like to give Florimon a chance. He is capable of things that we have not seen in a Twins SS in a long time. Rosario should be here in 2014and Dozier is a possibility too. Having said this, a 2nd baseman that was a long-term fit batting 2nd would be a real bonus.

Move Morneau to free up the dollars for these acquisitions and this team turns it around quickly.

vCash
    I have a hard time seeing Hunter get $10M+ I could see $7M per over 2 years but not $10M

vCash
    what are y'all's thoughts on trading with atlanta? we're specifically looking for outfield help (span/revere/willingham) would be ideal. i believe you're in the market for starting pitching. would hanson or minor or delgado interest y'all?
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Atlanta and Minnesota could be very good trading partners. The Braves have a glut of good young pitchers and the Twins have a glut of good young outfielders. The Braves need to improve their outfield and the Twins need starters.
    Lets see what can be done to remedy both situations.

vCash
    I think most Twins fans would have some degree of interest in any one of the young Atlanta starters. It seems to fluctuate with them monthly, but I'm guessing at this time Beachey and Medlin are the Braves favorites and least likely to be moved. I'm sure the Twins would also consider Minor, Delgado, Teheran and Hanson, although I'm sure Hanson's sudden lack of velocity will scare the Twins.

I could also see the Twins having intrest in Uggla if more or money were coming from the Braves or if Willingham's $7 million per year was going your way. I could be wrong, but I'm guessin the Braves aren't thrilled with his paycheck along with his declining production.

vCash
    i can't tell you about the braves brass, but the fans seem to be in 2 camps: 1) uggla is worth sticking out due to his OBP (his only useful stat) and potential to hit 20 hrs, and 2) the experiment failed, he's too costly, and he's worth more for who he can bring in even if we eat half his salary. i fall in the latter group, and would include him in most any trade. i think we'd be most inclined to shop hanson, i'd say minor is next likely to be dangled, then maholm and delgado. i'm pretty high on maholm and delgado, but if we fill a hole a quality player i'm 100% behind parting with them. if you're not keen on hanson, would a package of uggla and minor draw some interest? for say span and hicks or revere?
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I don't see the Twins trading Hicks at this time, and I doubt if they would trade both Span and Revere in the same deal. I can see Span and Arcia going in a deal, but not necessarily to the Braves. I think Span to the Braves would be good enough to bring back a quality pitcher.

vCash
    My latest offseason idea...

Trade
    MIN gets: Mike Minor, Randall Delgado, Tyler Pastornicky
    ATL gets: Denard Span, Josh Willingham

Sign
    Torii Hunter 2 years $14-16M
    Scott Baker 1 year incentive based deal with a team option
    Sign Brandon McCarthy to a 3 year $31M

Rotation:
    McCarthy RHP
    Diamond LHP
    Delgado RHP
    Minor LHP
    Baker RHP

Lineup:
    C: Mauer
    1B: Morneau/Parmelee
    2B: Carroll
    3B: Plouffe
    SS: Pastornicky
    LF: Mastorianni/Parmelee/Doumit
    CF: Revere
    RF: Hunter
    DH: Doumit/Morneau

When Arcia is ready then he starts in LF, if Hicks gets ready then he starts in center and Revere moves to left.

Gibson would have time to get work in and develop in AAA and would hopefully be ready if Baker or someone else got hurt.

vCash
    One trade match that could work for both sides is one that sends Cabrera (SS) to the Minnesota Twins in exchange for Denard Span. Including other players may be necessary to even out the value going in one direction or the other and it is within the division, but it addresses a specific need for both clubs.

ESPN- Jason A. Churchill
    I do believe I would go for that one in a heart beat!!

vCash
    As would I!!!

vCash
    Sounds like a good deal.

vCash
    Here is a guy the Twins could pick up in the Rule V draft -- Rafael Ynoa. The Twins have taken fliers on other middle infielders and sometimes have done pretty well. Why not take a shot on this kid?
    Here is what Baseball America says about him:
    Ynoa, 25, signed with the Dodgers in 2005 out of Santiago, Dominican Republic. He spent four years in Rookie ball before progressing through the Dodgers' system the past three seasons. This summer, the 6-foot, 180-pounder batted .278/.364/.352 over 421 at bats with just 27 extra base hits at Double-A Chattanooga.

Ynoa is a capable switch-hitter with a good approach and plate coverage. Defensively, he's an average-solid defender with soft hands and good arm strength.

"He's a good sleeper," said one evaluator. "He's not much of an impact player but he could help a club as a backup middle infielder for sure."

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast