Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Amen.

vCash
    Robert Coe is a guy I'd like to see the Twins take a shot at. He pitched for St. Paul last season and is listed as the 8th best prospect in the Indy Leagues by BBA. He's 24 and set records for the Saints in wins, IP and starts. He'd probably come in cheap and seems to fit the Twins' mold as a starting pitcher. He could be a reliable #4 or 5 pitcher, but wouldn't likely be an ace.
    The team did OK with Colabello last season. Why not take a chance with this guy?
    Last edited by catman; 10-16-2012 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    The Twins did buy the contract of Tom Boleska, the Fargo team's closer. He had previously pitched in the Pirates system. Pretty impressive stats last year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=bolesk001tho

1.043 WHIP, 11.3 K/9, 5.27 K/BB, 1.76 ERA

vCash
    Looks like he could be a good addition. Lets see how he does. Likely will land in either New Britain or Rochester.

vCash
    Matty-- You're nothing short of awesome!! The time and thought you put in to everything you write it make us all look a lot more intelligent so from my ego to yours thank you.. (that is if you have any ego)

Cat-- I havent seen him pitch-- any info other then he is a twins type??

vCash
    Here is what BBA has to say about him:

8. Robert Coe, rhp

St. Paul (A-A)

A catcher at Wisconsin-Whitewater, Coe got on the mound for 12 innings as a senior. That taste of life on the other side of the plate paid off, as Coe looked like a veteran on the mound, not a rookie who had minimal pitching experience.

The American Association rookie of the year, Coe sat at 88-92 mph with a good slider and changeup and a clean delivery. He got a taste of the American Association in 2011 and took off this year, setting St. Paul records for innings (139), wins (12) and starts (21).
    I haven't seen him pitch, either, so I'm going on what they say.
    Here is his page from Baseball Reference: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=coe---000rob
    Last edited by catman; 10-16-2012 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    High Walk rate.. and he looks creepy similar to one kevin Slowski
    http://saintsbaseball.com/team/roste...rofile/?uid=34

vCash
    How about Shaun Marcum as a FA for the Twins?

vCash
    I would really like this offseason if we declined Bakers option and resigned him... Traded Span and Hendriks or another pitching prospect outside of Gibson and maybe even throw in Benson for Josh Johnson. The sign John Lannan assuming he is non-tendered. We roll into next season with Johnson, Diamond, Baker, Lannan, Deduno/one of the other 5th starting long relief spot starters we have until Gibson is ready...

vCash
    I would absolutely love to sign Marcum.

Decline Bakers option, let Pavano and Capps walk, sign Marcum/McCarthy and perhaps a non tendered SP like Jair Jurrjens/John Lannan then try to trade Span/Revere and potential specs for a guy like Josh Johnson, or a Braves pitcher (Hanson, Beachy, Minor) and this team could be a legitimate playoff threat again.

Throw in a Terry Ryan signing for a decent IF (Keppinger, Bartlett, Stewart) and the offense is as good as any we've had if things go right.

SP-Josh Johnson
    SP-Marcum/McCarthy
    SP-Diamond
    SP-Jurrjens
    SP-Deduno-Devries-Gibson(when he comes back)

RP-Fein
    RP-Duensing
    RP-Robertson
    RP-Swarzak
    RP-Burton
    RP-Perkins
    RP-Burnett

Lineup
    C-Doumit
    1b-Morneau
    2b-Keppinger
    SS-Dozier
    3b-Mauer
    OF-Plouffe-Hicks/Arcia (when they are ready)
    OF-Span/Revere
    OF-Willingham
    DH-Parmalee-Hicks/Arcia (when they are ready)

vCash
    I like Marcum, he would be a nice addition. I don't think I care much for McCarthy though, I don't trust any pitcher who's career resurgence occured in the black hole that is the Oakland Coliseum. I also don't like his average to poor K/9 rate. I don't want to sound like a guy screaming for strikeouts, but this team was far and away the worst in the league when it came to fanning batters and all the balls put in play destroyed the team this year.

For that reason, I'm also not interested in Lannan or Jurrjens. Those two are back end of the rotaion starters/non-tender-in-June kind of players with zero upside, the Twins already have a ton of those. In my opinion, they need to get some power arms, or see what Hendriks/Deduno/Vasquez/Gibson have. No more farting around with the Jason Marquis/Livan Hernandez/John Lannan types, they're no better than what's in AAA and they are blocking development.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 10-19-2012 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Marcum made just about $8MM last season. I wonder if he'd bite on a 2-year, $15MM contract with an option for a 3rd year, and maybe a 4th?

vCash

FA SP's...

What are the chances the Twins will sign 1 or more of the following FA SP's?

Ryan Dempster
    Zack Greinke
    Edwin Jackson
    Hiroki Kuroda
    Colby Lewis
    Shaun Marcum
    Carlos Villanueva
    Chris Young

These are the FA SP's that I think are an improvement of what the Twins currently have. From these 8, I think the following 2 would be worth over spending on to lure them away from other suitors.

Zack Greinke (wishful thinking)
    Edwin Jackson (slight possibility since he would be cheaper than Greinke)

If the Twins could work a trade for Josh Johnson & sign 1 of these 2 FA SP's, their starting rotation in 2013 could look like:

Josh Johnson
    Edwin Jackson
    Diamond
    Vasquez
    Deduno
    Last edited by JG1117; 10-19-2012 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    How about Shaun Marcum as a FA for the Twins?
    I am actually a big fan of the Twins going after Marcum this winter. For the Twin who don't like to take risks, Marcum is about as consistent as it gets for a pitcher. He has an ERA in the 3's for the past 4 seasons, and his K/9 has been 7+ for just as long. I have a feeling a 2 year 15mil dollar deal with a team option for a 3rd year would get a deal done.

As for other cheaper options I would have absolutely no problem taking a shot in the dark with Jair Jurrjens if he were non-tendered. People forget that he was an all-star only two years ago. Last year he was under a lot of pressure and scrutiny from all the younger talent coming up through the system. Looking at the Twins record for signing players this would be similar to the risk of signing Marques last year.

My top 2 trade candidates:

1.) Jeremy Hellickson (Tampa Bay) - The Rays have a swath of young arms in their rotation and need to trade some of that pitching for position players. If the Rays do in fact lose Upton this off-season or decide to part ways, Span would fit great into their lineup. Best part about Hellickson is that he can't hit the FA market until 2017.

2.) Trevor Bauer / Tyler Skaggs (Arizona) - Arizona would be a little bit of a darkhorse for acquiring Span but has the pieces we covet. Both Skaggs and Bauer are 20 years old, have great stuff, and are controllable tell about 2018/2019 since neither should get enough service time to qualify as a rookie this past year.

vCash
    Span and Revere

for

Vance Worley, Dom brown, Cameron Rupp and Darin Ruff?

thats good deal for u guys

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast