Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

2013 twins roster

what are some new faces we could bring in next year through trades or free agency ??? anybody what hunter back ??

vCash
    No.. Pitching.. Young controllable pitching.. NOTHING MORE !!!

vCash
    Pitching, pitching, and more pitching. I'd be more then okay with Hunter coming back, but we need pitching. Like the guy before me said, young controllable/coachable pitching

vCash
    I think trading Span for some young pitching and then signing a veteran starter would make a lot of sense. Idk if it would make sense but maybe if Tampa loses Upton they would be interested in Span. Maybe Span for Wade Davis? Then go after one of Dan Haren, Anibal Sanchez, Edwin Jackson, Shaun Marcum or Ryan Dempster in free agency. If we decline Bakers option and then resign him to a cheaper deal, and then decline Capps' option as well then I think this could be reaistic. Delcining those options and trading Span would open up about the same amount of space that it would take to bring in one of those pitchers. Once we convert Davis back to a starter I think our rotation would look very nice...

Haren/FA starter, Diamond, Davis, Baker, Gibson would be a rotation that I would be comfortable with at some point next year.

The next step would be to bring in a middle infielder. Marco Scutaro is a name I really like and I think could make some sense

vCash
    why would we talk about outfielders coming or going....at all?
    We've got plenty of our own, but not enough that IMO we trade Span unless he's valued pretty high in the deal

I still cannot fathom what is wrong within this organization that they can draft 70% pitchers every fracking year and we still can't fill a rotation.........but obviously we HAVE to get some proven pitching.............we have no idea how Gibson will work out in the majors yet and we can't give Baker a $9mil option..he'd have to redo to stay..and even then we don't know how he'll return (why does Joe Mays come to mind with Scott)

and we need a middle infield that hits better than .220 and doesn't rotate thru 5 guys
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I want to revisit Span to the Reds. They have good young pitching at the MLB level and in the minors. They also have three yong SS ranging from servicable to "untouchable."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I want to revisit Span to the Reds. They have good young pitching at the MLB level and in the minors. They also have three yong SS ranging from servicable to "untouchable."
    Package Span and another lower tier prospect for a pitcher and one of those SS. IMO you can never have enough young pitching in an organization.

vCash
    Bullpen help please. Outside of Burton and Perkins, were at a loss in terms of what we have, theres next to no consistancy in our bullpen and thats our biggest issue.

vCash
    ^I hope you're kidding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsWin2869 View Post
    ^I hope you're kidding.
    No im not, our starters were terrible but our bullpen wasnt anything to be proud of either, Robertson wasnt awesome, Swarzak and Duensing would be better starters than relievers, Burnett is greatly overrated, Fien was our 3rd best reliever.

vCash
    I have to disagree with that one. Duensing's splits have been pretty awful as a starter, especially against righties. His numbers as a reliever have varied between servicable to very good:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=p

I think with Perkins and Burton, the Twins should be able to find enough between Fein, Vazquez, Swarzak, Burnett, Manship, Slama, Guerra, Deduno and others to put a pen together on the cheap. I wouldn't want to see the team put much money into a bullpen that was surprisingly well above average last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I have to disagree with that one. Duensing's splits have been pretty awful as a starter, especially against righties. His numbers as a reliever have varied between servicable to very good:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=p

I think with Perkins and Burton, the Twins should be able to find enough between Fein, Vazquez, Swarzak, Burnett, Manship, Slama, Guerra, Deduno and others to put a pen together on the cheap. I wouldn't want to see the team put much money into a bullpen that was surprisingly well above average last year.
    I would absolutely love to see Slama in the bullpen, Ive just gotten tired of seeing the same guys continue to not produce and constantly have rough outings in the pen.

vCash

Possible Trades & FA Signings...

Span/Revere & a low level prospect or 2 to the Mets for Familia & Valdespin.

Span/Revere & a low level prospect to the Phillies for Worley/Kendrick.

Span/Revere & a low level prospect or 2 to the Braves for Minor.

Span/Revere, Morneau & a low level prospect or 2 to the Rays for Shields.

Span/Revere & a low level prospect or 2 to Washington for Lannan & Clippard.

Chris Young would be a low cost high return type of FA SP.

Edwin Jackson would be a high cost decent return, but affordable type of FA SP.

Ryan Dempster would be a mid-level cost decent return type of FA SP (similar to what Pavano provided while with the Twins).

Scott Baker could be brought back for a fraction of what he was earning before.

Zack Greinke would be great, but out of the Twins reaches. (wishful thinking)

Blanton/Harden/Gutherie/Bedard/Liriano/Marcum/Saunders/A. Sanchez/J. Sanchez/Pavano could provide innings at the back-end of rotation without breaking the bank if the Twins don't feel any of their young SP's can cut it for a lesser price.
    Last edited by JG1117; 10-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JG1117 View Post
    Span/Revere & a low level prospect or 2 to the Mets for Familia & Valdespin.

Span/Revere & a low level prospect to the Phillies for Worley/Kendrick.

Span/Revere & a low level prospect or 2 to the Braves for Minor.

Span/Revere, Morneau & a low level prospect or 2 to the Rays for Shields.

Span/Revere & a low level prospect or 2 to Washington for Lannan & Clippard.

Chris Young would be a low cost high return type of FA SP.

Edwin Jackson would be a high cost decent return, but affordable type of FA SP.

Ryan Dempster would be a mid-level cost decent return type of FA SP (similar to what Pavano provided while with the Twins).

Scott Baker could be brought back for a fraction of what he was earning before.

Zack Greinke would be great, but out of the Twins reaches. (wishful thinking)

Blanton/Harden/Gutherie/Bedard/Liriano/Marcum/Saunders/A. Sanchez/J. Sanchez/Pavano could provide innings at the back-end of rotation without breaking the bank if the Twins don't feel any of their young SP's can cut it for a lesser price.
    Would much rather trade Span. I may be the biggest Revere fan on here though.

vCash
    Some of this depends what the Twins are willing to do and/or how some young guys develop. Can Dozier/Floriman become our everyday SS? Could Marco Scutaro become a Twin? Besides the obvious SP upgrades, we need a more consistent middle infield.

re SPs, why does it seem so few even mention Kyle Gibson...didn't he look like he was well on his way the end of the year?

As far as trade chips, if guys like Aaron Hicks and Joe Benson are ready for the next step, that makes trading Span or Revere more palatable.....tho I love both of 'em both for what they are on the field and off it.

With the young age some other teams put kids in the mix, I'd hope Sano at least gets more than a cursory look at a possible roster spot....but I know the way the Twins work, he won't.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast