Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Offseason thread

Rumors are still going around, and it doesnt seem like we have a thread to discuss those rumors.

vCash
    We he have an offer out to Liriano, as I am sure most people know. I don't know if the trade for Worely, and the signing of Correia has lessened the organization want for him or not though.

If we signed Liriano, I imagine our rotation would look something like...

Diamond/Liriano/Worely/Hendricks/Correia

not ideal, but I think improved from last year.

vCash
    Without Liriano, I think the rotation looks like Worley/Diamond/Hendriks/Correia/DeVries.

vCash
    The Tigers are shaking in their cleats!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    We he have an offer out to Liriano, as I am sure most people know. I don't know if the trade for Worely, and the signing of Correia has lessened the organization want for him or not though.

If we signed Liriano, I imagine our rotation would look something like...

Diamond/Liriano/Worely/Hendricks/Correia
    not ideal, but I think improved from last year.
    And this was my biggest issue with the Correia signing for two years. What happens when Gibson is ready? If everyone stays healthy, Correia's production would likely cause him to be the first to be pushed aside, but I doubt that happens as he's under contract for two years. They'll give him a much longer leash than he deserves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    And this was my biggest issue with the Correia signing for two years. What happens when Gibson is ready? If everyone stays healthy, Correia's production would likely cause him to be the first to be pushed aside, but I doubt that happens as he's under contract for two years. They'll give him a much longer leash than he deserves.
    Correia isnt that great of a signing, but there is never anything wrong with having depth...what happens when Gibson is ready, but Hendricks or Diamond, or whoever under-performs, or if someone gets injured. In previous years, we would just keep dipping into no name triple A players.

vCash
    I actually liked Deduno last yr

vCash
    Deduno is going to get a shot in spring training. If he does well, he'll break camp with the Twins. If not, he'll go back to Rochester.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Correia isnt that great of a signing, but there is never anything wrong with having depth...what happens when Gibson is ready, but Hendricks or Diamond, or whoever under-performs, or if someone gets injured. In previous years, we would just keep dipping into no name triple A players.
    You're right, I like the depth too, I just wish he could be stashed in AAA until needed, or at least moved to the bullpen. Not sure the Twins have it in them to pay a swingman $5 million for two years though.

vCash
    The signing of Correia wasnt a great one, but its probably smart to go into the regular season with 7 starting caliber pitchers because its unlikely that we will get through the season with everybody remaining healthy or good.

I still don't understand why TR hasnt tried signing Jurjens. He may have the most "upside" of any starter left on the market (besides Sanchez and Jackson) and probably won't cost anything more then 3 mil/yr. There is obviously more risk given his injury history, but its not like we would be counting on him to be our top line guy anyways, so essentially anything we got would be a bonus.

I have a bad feeling about Diamond this year. He was fantastic last season, but for some reason I have doubts that he can remain as productive as he was. If he can give us 180 innings of sub 4.2 era I'd be happy.

Any chance the Twins deal Willingham or Morneau before the season starts?

vCash
    Honestly, unless the Twins are blown away with an offer for Morneau or Willingham, I wouldn't expect either of them to be moved.

vCash
    Rangers may want one of them now that Hamilton is gone. Hmmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsohnasty View Post
    The signing of Correia wasnt a great one, but its probably smart to go into the regular season with 7 starting caliber pitchers because its unlikely that we will get through the season with everybody remaining healthy or good.

I still don't understand why TR hasnt tried signing Jurjens. He may have the most "upside" of any starter left on the market (besides Sanchez and Jackson) and probably won't cost anything more then 3 mil/yr. There is obviously more risk given his injury history, but its not like we would be counting on him to be our top line guy anyways, so essentially anything we got would be a bonus.

I have a bad feeling about Diamond this year. He was fantastic last season, but for some reason I have doubts that he can remain as productive as he was. If he can give us 180 innings of sub 4.2 era I'd be happy.

Any chance the Twins deal Willingham or Morneau before the season starts?
    I was thinking the same thing about Jurjens. It would be a lot more interesting to follow than Correia

vCash
    I'd have no problem with Jurrjens. He'd be as close to an "ace" as they have.

vCash
    The problem is how much money does he want?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast