Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: The 2006 Defense or 2012 Defense, which is better?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

14 33.33%

28 66.67%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's hard to compare the two, I'd have to watch some games from the 06 season again to really know. But, at least right now this seems like the best bear defense since the 80s. You can't ask for much more from them. It's not just turnovers, but holding teams to field goals, covering for turnovers from the offense, etc...

vCash
    This year's defense is doing a very good job so far. They are really surprising me. The last couple of games they haven't seem to have gotten to the QB as much. Overall I am still impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    The last couple of games they haven't seem to have gotten to the QB as much.
    I'm ok with TDs instead of sacks

vCash
    Still too early to compare. I would say by week 9 or 10 is good time to truly see how these two stack up. I like what I see though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CunninghamJrIII View Post
    I'm ok with TDs instead of sacks
    TDs are always great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    seriously people forget that the 06 defense might have been the best in the league since the ravens
    That defense was so dominant, but without Mike Brown was not as effective. I would take this years strictly because we still have Lach, Briggs, Peanut, and added Peppers. I like Roach more than Hunter, and Jennings is playing like Vasher did when he was good. The safeties aren't on Brown and Harris' level when they were awesome but Major Wright has been a pleasant surprise considering how much everyone was on him last year. Overall, I think it just comes down to our D line, and this one may be better, but not by much. When Tommie Harris was in his prime he was a freak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    It's a mix of both answers. I don't have a problem with vanilla play at the end. If one of our stars went out after the game is out if reach I would be pissed. So, if we didn't give up late points, we would be ranked #1 in each of those categories. Points, passing, rushing, takeaways, sacks, 3rd down conversions.

Great players with great coaching.
    agreed, Lovie tends to loosen up when we are smashing teams too. The "Lovie prevent". Either way both defenses are awesome, and I am glad the monsters are back to their old form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HrtHustleNMscle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    It's a mix of both answers. I don't have a problem with vanilla play at the end. If one of our stars went out after the game is out if reach I would be pissed. So, if we didn't give up late points, we would be ranked #1 in each of those categories. Points, passing, rushing, takeaways, sacks, 3rd down conversions.

Great players with great coaching.
    agreed, Lovie tends to loosen up when we are smashing teams too. The "Lovie prevent". Either way both defenses are awesome, and I am glad the monsters are back to their old form.
    Amazing what a little excitement and hope can do for everyone

our future

vCash
    I'll take Urlacher and Brigg's word when they say this is the best defense they've played on.

vCash
    Better or worse, I'm just enjoying the ride

Crushing Detoit on MNF would be fantastic!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    i think '12 def > 06 def but '06 Def and Special Teams > '12 Def and Special Teams

vCash
    I'm still going with the 2006 D and it is still all because of Urlacher. If Mike Brown would've played all season I think we win the Super Bowl. He could have been a HoF caliber player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm still going with the 2006 D and it is still all because of Urlacher. If Mike Brown would've played all season I think we win the Super Bowl. He could have been a HoF caliber player.
    He would have been clutch stopping Rhodes and Addai. They absolutely ate us up all game.

vCash
    Couple thoughts:

1. OP; Tommie Harris ---> Stephen Paea? Henry Melton.
    2. Too early to talk about this defense as we're five games in
    3. The 2005 Bears defense was better IMO than the '06 D...
    4. God damn...I miss Mike Brown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    who do you think would of been more important not getting hurt on the 06 def mike brown or tommie harris?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast