Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: The 2006 Defense or 2012 Defense, which is better?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

14 33.33%

28 66.67%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadPapaBear View Post
    That Conte/Wright duo good be special. Both are incredibly talented and have great instincts for a Cover 2. Bears fans will be swinging from Jerry Angelo's nuts befroe the season is over. We can thank him for Melton, Wright, Conte, Paea, Peppers, Idonije and Briggs. I still have some love for JA simply because he orchestrated the Cutler trade.
    Something I wish more people would acknowledge. Angelo may have missed or gotten unlucky with a few 1st rounders (most notably Columbo & Haynes), but he did a hell of a job building up this defense and even stocking it with young talent in just the last few years with players like Melton, Wright, Wootton, Paea & Conte. Signing Tim Jennings and then re-signing him is looking like a great move as well.

He certainly had his flaws as a GM, but he was much better than he'll ever be given credit for in Chicago, which is unfortunate.

vCash

'12 Defense or the '06 defense

Most of ja's busts got injuries, Colombo, Dan Bazuin etc...

I like JA but, emery is the hindsight and I like it

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Something I wish more people would acknowledge. Angelo may have missed or gotten unlucky with a few 1st rounders (most notably Columbo & Haynes), but he did a hell of a job building up this defense and even stocking it with young talent in just the last few years with players like Melton, Wright, Wootton, Paea & Conte. Signing Tim Jennings and then re-signing him is looking like a great move as well.

He certainly had his flaws as a GM, but he was much better than he'll ever be given credit for in Chicago, which is unfortunate.

Completely agree with you. And good call forgot about Jennings who is playing out of this world right now. And Wooton too. I've always believed that the talent was there for Wooton to become a player. It really is amazing just how huge that guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post

Yea Colombo looked like a player before that horrible knee injury and for a few years was a very solid RT for them Cowboys. Bazuin looked like a player too. I'll always remember him for the shear fact that SD traded with us to get Eric Weddle. I remember a lot of 'analysts' slammed SD for that trade and pick.

And I'm with you. Emery really has had a heck of a debut. And I'm confident after this season he's going to get the O-line addressed the proper way. We also need another speed guy at WR. For all of Knox's imperfections, his great speed is missed.

vCash
    I'm so ****ing glad that Wootton is starting to live up to his talent.

Had he not blown out his knee, dude would have been a first round pick. We got an incredible freaking steal there, and if he continues to develop, his ceiling is legitimately in the Osi Umenyoria range.

vCash
    I really like Emery too. I kinda feel like he's very similar to Angelo, but with a better eye for offensive talent and I was very impressed with his FA/Trade acquisitions last offseason.

vCash
    Mike Brown ... if we had Mike Brown
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    It is not enough time to compare the two. After just four games, this team is playing great defensively, but it is just four games. '12 team is deeper except for the Safety position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    It is not enough time to compare the two. After just four games, this team is playing great defensively, but it is just four games. '12 team is deeper except for the Safety position.
    This got me thinking about the LB depth in '06, which got me thinking about Jamar Williams... Had to google him up because I haven't heard his name in so long. You guys remember him being touted as Briggs' replacement during his contract issues? Had no idea he was playing in the CFL now.

vCash
    I trusted the defensive backs in '06 more than I do this year. But that could easily change if they keep playing the way they have so far this year. This defense is right there with the '06 squad and now we have an actual offense. It's really exciting

vCash
    Early to call it out, but 2006 won so many games due to absolutely NO offense. That is one great group of players.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    i like this teams defense a lot better than 06'
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    I trusted the defensive backs in '06 more than I do this year. But that could easily change if they keep playing the way they have so far this year. This defense is right there with the '06 squad and now we have an actual offense. It's really exciting
    I'm surprised to see this because honestly Vasher was sooo bad in coverage... If he hadn't gotten the picks, no way he makes the Pro Bowl. Pretty good in zone but that was literally it.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash

I wasn't a JA Fan and never will be.

I like the moves Emery has made so far. It's too early to tell, but the future looks good, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beardown1985 View Post
    This got me thinking about the LB depth in '06, which got me thinking about Jamar Williams... Had to google him up because I haven't heard his name in so long. You guys remember him being touted as Briggs' replacement during his contract issues? Had no idea he was playing in the CFL now.
    I thought Williams was pretty decent. I remember him having a great game at the end of '09 I believe. Briggs was hurt and Williams started in his place. Williams recorded 17 tackles that game IIRC. We then traded him to Carolina to get Chris Harris back at the start of '10 season.

15. 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM
    Reason
    no no no no no

16. 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM
    Reason
    no no no no no

17. 10-04-2012, 01:11 PM
    Reason
    no no no no no

vCash
    PP strikes again.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast