Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: The 2006 Defense or 2012 Defense, which is better?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

14 33.33%

28 66.67%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'll comment after the Houston game, that to me is this year's biggest test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I'll comment after the Houston game, that to me is this year's biggest test.
    Agreed

vCash
    '05 defense was better than the '06 defense. Still too early to see what this '12 defense is going to be. Haven't played the real tough teams yet.

vCash
    Houston & San Fran will be the toughest games we have all year.

But I have a hard time saying this D is better than the 06 version. When those guys were all healthy they were shutting out teams, getting sacks and forcing turnovers. Tommie was unstoppable, Briggs & Urlacher were all over the field and both Peanut & Vasher always seemed like they were in the right place at the right time.

The only edge I would give to this unit is that they probably have more quality depth, but that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Houston & San Fran will be the toughest games we have all year.

But I have a hard time saying this D is better than the 06 version. When those guys were all healthy they were shutting out teams, getting sacks and forcing turnovers. Tommie was unstoppable, Briggs & Urlacher were all over the field and both Peanut & Vasher always seemed like they were in the right place at the right time.

The only edge I would give to this unit is that they probably have more quality depth, but that's about it.
    It's tough to, but peppers in12 helps the case to be over 06,

our future

vCash
    God think about this. Mike brown is 34 vasher is 30 and Tommie is 29. Had it not been for injuries imagine having some of those guys on this team and using other draft picks on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    God think about this. Mike brown is 34 vasher is 30 and Tommie is 29. Had it not been for injuries imagine having some of those guys on this team and using other draft picks on offense.
    Dominant for years

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I forgot how young Tommie still is. Forget Brown and Vasher, even though Brown was amazing, if Tommie never had got injuried and kept improving, this team would be crazy good.

As for the two teams, right now I would go '06. If this team can keep up this pace, then that's a different conversation.

Side note, can you imagined Peppers on the '06 team.

vCash
    Put peppers on that 06 team and that defense would be unstoppable

vCash
    Put Jay on that team and we not only beat the Colts, but probably destroy them in the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Put Jay on that team and we not only beat the Colts, but probably destroy them in the Super Bowl.
    Think about our record that year. No good Rex bad Rex. No Arizona comeback no "they are who they thought they were" sound bite.

vCash
    Probably would've gone 15-1 with Jay.

vCash
    I'm not brash enough to say that this defense is better than '06, but they are playing lights out right now. Our dline is very comparable--we lose some going from Tommie to Melton (even though he is playing great) but Adewale to Peppers is a clear upgrade, even though I liked Wale a lot. Considering our rotational depth, I'd say it's close. Age and injury has taken a little toll on Urlacher, but I think we will see him improve as he catches up with all the reps he missed throughout training camp/preseason. At 30 years old, Briggs is looking just as good or better than he was back in the day.

Read a stat the other day BEFORE Monday's game that the opposing QB's passer rating playing against the Conte/Wright safety combo was in the 60s. Pretty damn impressive...
    Last edited by beardown1985; 10-03-2012 at 11:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beardown1985 View Post
    I'm not brash enough to say that this defense is better than '06, but they are playing lights out right now. Our dline is very comparable--we lose some going from Tommie to Melton (even though he is playing great) but Adewale to Peppers is a clear upgrade, even though I liked Wale a lot. Considering our rotational depth, I'd say it's close. Age and injury has taken a little toll on Urlacher, but I think we will see him improve as he catches up with all the reps he missed throughout training camp/preseason. At 30 years old, Briggs is looking just as good or better than he was back in the day.

Read a stat the other day BEFORE Monday's game that the opposing QB's passer rating playing against the Conte/Wright safety combo was in the 60s. Pretty damn impressive...
    That Conte/Wright duo good be special. Both are incredibly talented and have great instincts for a Cover 2. Bears fans will be swinging from Jerry Angelo's nuts befroe the season is over. We can thank him for Melton, Wright, Conte, Paea, Peppers, Idonije and Briggs. I still have some love for JA simply because he orchestrated the Cutler trade.

vCash
    Overall, they're equal. But that's assuming things remain the same. If they get better through out the year, then 2012 will be better.

Time will tell.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast