Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: The 2006 Defense or 2012 Defense, which is better?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

14 33.33%

28 66.67%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

'12 Defense or the '06 defense

2006-----------------2012

Defensive Line

Alex Brown---------Julius Peppers
    Adawale Ogunleye--------Israel Idonije
    Tank Johnson--------Henry Melton
    Ian Scott-----------Corey Wooten
    Tommie Harris ---------Stephen Paea
    Mark Anderson----------Shea McClellin

Line Backers

Hunter Hillenmeyer------Nick Roach/Geno Hayes
    Brian Urlacher----Brian Urlacher
    Lance Briggs------Lance Briggs

DB'S

Chris Harris------Chris Conte
    Daniel Manning-----Major Wright
    Charles Tillman-----Charles Tillman
    Nathan Vasher/Mike Brown-----Tim Jennings/DJ Moore
    Last edited by chi-townlove1; 10-03-2012 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Tough one. Maybe a slight edge to this year's. I think Peppers, Jennings, and Melton are a big part of that. Still a LONG WAY TO GO though, so I pray pray pray for health for all our guys the rest of the way in 2012/13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    No Mike Brown? I think Mike Brown mattered that season, even if he didn't play the big game.

vCash
    Give me more than 4 games to get a better judgement. We haven't necessarily played offensive juggernauts other than GB so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Give me more than 4 games to get a better judgement. We haven't necessarily played offensive juggernauts other than GB so far.
    i hear ya, but also just looking at the individual talent, and the 4 games we have played...

vCash
    Nice edit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    i hear ya, but also just looking at the individual talent, and the 4 games we have played...
    Individual talent alone?

The '06 would smash this years team. Urlacher, Briggs, and Tommie. That's 2 HOF players in their prime and an All-Pro (arguably the best 3-tech ever in a limited stretch). That blows away anything we can put together now. Not to mention Mike Brown and Peanut. Hell, even Vasher was unreal that year.

If you're talking as a collective group, I think our overall talent level is deeper this year (especially DL), but the top guys aren't as great as they were then.

vCash
    Individual talent alone?

The '06 would smash this years team. Urlacher, Briggs, and Tommie. That's 2 HOF players in their prime and an All-Pro (arguably the best 3-tech ever in a limited stretch). That blows away anything we can put together now. Not to mention Mike Brown and Peanut. Hell, even Vasher was unreal that year.

If you're talking as a collective group, I think our overall talent level is deeper this year (especially DL), but the top guys aren't as great as they were then.
    Briggs is still playing at a high intensity for sure. Urlacher, obviously yeah he's lost a step or two. Hell, I don't think Tillman has actually declined at all. Not to mention Peppers, better than anyone on the 06 line, and hes still not playing 100% healthy. Yes, the D-line is deeper for sure now, I honestly think Melton, Wooten, McClellin, and Paea all have some crazy potential that could make them All-Pro D line men.

vCash
    Individual talent alone?

Bam!

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Tommie :cry:

vCash
    What could of been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Briggs is still playing at a high intensity for sure. Urlacher, obviously yeah he's lost a step or two. Hell, I don't think Tillman has actually declined at all. Not to mention Peppers, better than anyone on the 06 line, and hes still not playing 100% healthy. Yes, the D-line is deeper for sure now, I honestly think Melton, Wooten, McClellin, and Paea all have some crazy potential that could make them All-Pro D line men.
    Doesn't matter how Briggs/Urlacher are playing right now, they're not as good as they were in '06. No chance.

Peppers is great. Really ****ing great. He's the best athlete in Bears history, and possibly the NFL (I sound like PP lol). But, in Lovie's T2, the 3-tech is the single most important position on the field. It all starts with that position, Tommie for the short time he was playing, was absolutely dominant. I'd take a healthy/prime Tommie over Peppers every time for this scheme.

edit: and notice when we start getting good-great play from the interior of the DL, this D looks elite again. That's the point of the T2.
    Last edited by haggis; 10-03-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: .

vCash
    2006, didn't have to think that hard about it either.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    And I actually think Peanut has been better recently than he was back then. He's the perfect fit for the T2.

Edit:

Holy **** has he been consistent:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TillCh20.htm
    Last edited by haggis; 10-03-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: .

vCash
    I'm abstaining from voting until we have more than a 4 game sample size.

2006 is really hard to top.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast