Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wouldn't call it option #1, but it's probably the most cost effective. As "terrible" as he is, he's still a 2-3 win player and a passable CF. That's a fair return for Worley, although I'd like it more if their service time matched.

Obviously, if you're going to do this, then you're also going to be pulling in someone higher priced (like Hamilton) or else eyeing somebody midseason.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I'm biased, I value a pitchers service than an everday player. I know that is a debate, but you can't justify trading value in pitching to a guy who can maybe be a 2-3 win player (assuming Fowler even produces to that level here). I've never been an advocate of trading pieces for an outfielder. Who knows if they play everyday, and offset the value of a young pitching arm.

I also don't like the idea if getting a an everyday player for a pitcher, even though our SP rotation is amazing. I'd rather keep that strength, instead of taking a risk on an outfielder to bridge the gap of production lost (if that makes sense).

vCash
    David Murphy. Do anything to rob the Rangers of him.

Unfortunately, they know how good he is now. And he'll have a starting spot due to Hamilton leaving. Wish they'd have snagged him prior to this season.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I honestly dont know what to think of Murph. Up until this year he was a platoonish player who couldnt hit lefties. This year he hit lefties to an .845 OPS(career OPS below .700). Idk if I see him hitting for an .850 OPS again, but definitely between his 2008-2010 mark.

Would love him on the right deal, doubt the Rangers will just give him away with his value at an all time high

vCash
    I'm reminded in a very vague sense of David Dellucci. Not in the skill set but in the risk of acquiring him for an expanded role.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    The Rangers ought to move Ian Kinsler into the OF and send Profar or Andrus (they're both well-regarded as SS) to 2b.

vCash
    I think Kinsler said he would be fine with that. I cant remember where I saw it

vCash
    They said this will be our team going into next season.

Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Cabrera
    Pagan
    Galvis
    Brown

Not batting order but position wise... They said they should try to get Cab on a 1 year deal and they think they should go cheap with the line up and put the money they have on the Bull pen while waiting for a deeper free agency in 2 years...Like A david Wright.

They had us adding Brandon Lyon to the pen I believe and Some weird named guy lol. I forget his name but whatever. They stated the best move we could make is getting a healthy Halladay back...If we do we are world series contenders

They said that we have to just deal with having an over paid closer and an over paid first baseman and that alone is the reason we should not go out and get Hamilton. He stated Howard was already on the decline before his Injury so he wont all of a sudden become a great player after the injury but he will probably be slightly better than what he was last season because he will get himself in shape

Also they said we are in some trouble because anyone we try to trade for we will likely have to severely over pay and also getting guys in free agency with our current pay roll will not longer be easy not just because of the money but because of the TV deals other teams are putting together and how other teams even the cheaper organizations will start bidding on Free Agents and taking guys that are on our A/B list.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-09-2012 at 09:29 PM.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Whos the Cabrera you speak of?

Also, seems like the mets MAY resign Wright. We'll see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Whos the Cabrera you speak of?

Also, seems like the mets MAY resign Wright. We'll see
    Melky...They said its possible he settles for a one year deal to help prove himself.

vCash
    Who is "they"? That post ****ed with my reading comprehension so hard. I still feel like I missed something.

EDIT: No offense, I'm sure you have a reason for doing it.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Melky...They said its possible he settles for a one year deal to help prove himself.
    Derp. Why not
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Who is "they"? That post ****ed with my reading comprehension so hard. I still feel like I missed something.

EDIT: No offense, I'm sure you have a reason for doing it.
    I think its the post game crew

vCash
    Lol my fault I keep thinking you guys watch Daily News live as well.

Basically the regular crew plus David Murphy

This is a break down from him about our off season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lol my fault I keep thinking you guys watch Daily News live as well.

Basically the regular crew plus David Murphy

This is a break down from him about our off season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies/
    It's cool, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the link.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    I'd be so happy with an off season like that.

FIRE ME!

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast