Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Phillies will be adding another outfield bat this winter you can book it. They will platoon Ruff and Brown in LF but get a legit 5 hole hitter. I have no idea who its going to be but it wouldnt surprise me if its Hamilton, swisher, Ross, or a trade for Soriano, Cuddyer, Morse, or Vicendo

vCash

Offseason Thread

based on LAs recent budget dump, i was daydreaming about the upcoming season. i was thinking about Halladay and Lee both having turn around seasons. the offense, motivated by a poor yr having a turn around aswell. and wouldnt it be some **** if the Phillies and Dodgers met in the NLCS, and the Phillies beat them AGAIN for the 3rd time in 6 yrs. made me chuckle.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    ^budget dump? you mean dump for all other teams? or do you mean that they said "budget? ih? who cares?" and they threw it away...the dodgers are spending like they expect the Mayans prophesy to come true and are trying to get the best team on paper before that happens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    the dodgers are spending like they expect the Mayans prophesy to come true and are trying to get the best team on paper before that happens...
    this is what i meant by "budget dump"

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    thanx for the clarification

and yes, they will have a very good team on paper...let's see if that gets burned up during the season...I am more worried about the Nats than the dodgers or giants, but right now, we aren't in any of their leagues unless we are healthy..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    thanx for the clarification

and yes, they will have a very good team on paper...let's see if that gets burned up during the season...I am more worried about the Nats than the dodgers or giants, but right now, we aren't in any of their leagues unless we are healthy..
    i agree on the Nats 100%. i miss the days when we used to beat up on the Nats without blinking an eye.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    yeah, in another few years, I fear it will be pay-back time...

vCash

Offseason Thread

i dont mind the Nats improvment. i just hate the fact that Werth is a constant **** talker, which makes me hate the Nats. like why couldnt the Astros pick him up?
    Last edited by BigLee53; 12-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    i dont mind the Nats improvment. i just hate the fact that Werth is a constant **** talker, which makes me hate the Nats. like why couldnt the Astros pick him up?
    Well, the Philly press always had it in for him. Plus he got skewered for taking a big contract in his only chance to get paid because at the same time, Lee took less money to come back (even though Lee actually makes more than Werth does). The Nats sucked back then so it looked like he was just in it for the money. And he probably was, like pretty much every athlete in the world. So now that the Nats have become a contender, I'd imagine there's some vindication there for him, even if his personal performance hasn't been what it used to be.

vCash
    Apparently the Rangers are offering Olt for Dickie! ...and the Mets said no? No wonder they're in the mess they're in.

vCash
    Well they really have no need for a 1B/3B

vCash
    i guess people thought lee took less money cause he didn't take CC/Greinke money.

$120M 5 years. +$27.5M option with a $12.5M buy-out.

So Greinke got $147M/6, Lee got $147.5M/6. Lee was older at the time too I think. He really got some good press for seemingly nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Well they really have no need for a 1B/3B
    If you have a chance to get olt...they should do it! Trade Davis...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    Davis is only 1 year older than Olt and has 3 years MLB experience. Olt was also a little old for AA and had Chris Davis K numbers. I'd rather have Davis than Olt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    yep.

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast