Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Those comping Revere to Pierre and Bourn aren't far off base. He's a guy who only makes sense at the top of a lineup and yet doesn't really fit there because he doesn't get on base enough. In other words, his offensive profile is hard to deploy advantageously.

Overall he's a solid MLB role player and a good guy to have in the outfield. I don't think we're too likely to really regret the trade (at least not badly), but he's not a guy you build around either.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash

vCash
    A Team...what do you think their next move is? They have to add a corner OF...also see them add a veteran SP, and a bullpen arm...no?

vCash
    It's funny to see the varying reactions between this board, PhuturePhillies, and Phillly.com to the trade.

Philly.com comment section is basically like the Yahoo comment sections filled with borderline to full on idiots. Here it is a mixed reaction all over the spectrum. PhuturePhillies is overwhelming positive about the trade. I tend to side with the folks over at PhuturePhillies for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    Phils select CFer Ender Incarte in rule 5. hes looks pretty decent, plays very good defense.

so Ender, how does it feel to be apart of the Phillies organization?
    Trade me for Maddux.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    interesting.

The Mariners have discussed three-year deals with Hamilton in range of $20MM to $25MM per season, a source tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter).

3 years and anything less than $25m per is not bad for him at all.

vCash
    TEX needs to **** or get off the pot with Greinke and stop holding the off-season hostage. I think we still end up with Hamilton since we filled CF so cheaply. If MY happens, too, even better.

Though I'd be just as content to go Ruf-Revere-Brown if we lose out on Hamilton.
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    TEX needs to **** or get off the pot with Greinke and stop holding the off-season hostage. I think we still end up with Hamilton since we filled CF so cheaply. If MY happens, too, even better.

Though I'd be just as content to go Ruf-Revere-Brown if we lose out on Hamilton.
    lot of question marks there.

vCash
    ^^ Understatement of the year.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I think given that the Phillies are going to need to get younger eventually, it's worth a shot. I'd personally like to see what those three guys can do rather than spend big bucks on an older player that will become a part of our aging core.

Just my two cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyForLife90 View Post
    I think given that the Phillies are going to need to get younger eventually, it's worth a shot. I'd personally like to see what those three guys can do rather than spend big bucks on an older player that will become a part of our aging core.

Just my two cents.
    i also want to see what these guys can do. but if we go into the season with that as our starting outfield, we are in trouble. now if you say swisher in right and ruf/brown platoon in left, i am all for that. with the hope that one of them steps up and takes the position full time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I don't disagree. But I also just want to see if these guys can play. They're both 26. Run 'em out there and see what they can do. You can always trade for someone in June.
    [

vCash

Offseason Thread

if a deal gets done, Texas will be paying at least half of Young 16mil contract. that leaves us open for one of Rubens trademark "splash" signings. i am impressed with his moves while dealing with the narrow spending window we have and the number of holes that need to be filled. in a perfect world, a deal gets done tomorrow. we sign Ross, Swisher, or Hamilton by weeks end.

in a really perfect world, we would trade Lee for J Up than sign Greinke.
    Last edited by BigLee53; 12-07-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Greinke really isn't in the same league as Lee. I don't get why you'd want to pay more for him. Besides which, anxiety disorder and Philadelphia do not mix. Philly sports fans are kind of massive a-holes.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyForLife90 View Post

Just my two cents.
    15 career homers between the 3

Not saying I wouldnt be ok with it, I just think they need a little bit more of a veteran presence with some pop.

Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast